PDA

View Full Version : Sway Bar Sizing.

SABIO
03-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Ok. Racing beat states their Rear bar is 25mm up from the stock 21mm.

We all spent a couple hundies last year on the Progress 22MM bar... We didn\'t do that becuase the Progress was 1mm bigger. The Stock bar is 17mm isn\'t it??

Or did Mazda up the size of the rear sway in 2006?? now it\'s 21mm... if it is... the newer 3\'s should handle great.

22mm made a huge difference(from 17mm)... throwing in a 25mm bar could get dangerous.(in my car,with a stock 17mm bar)

What is the Size of the MazdaSpeed Bars.(hopefully someone can answer that)

FLIPDADY
03-24-2006, 04:37 PM
I\'m still debating on wether or not to order one set in.

Don\'t want to get stuck wit it.;)

SABIO
03-24-2006, 05:20 PM
As per our discussion.. Now I know what Flipspeed means when he says *He will get stuck with them.

The front bar requires the sub-frame to be dropped.....!!!! which means $$$$$$$$$$$$

So anyone thinking of getting a sway bar kit...both bars...better think twice.. ouch..

Fuman
03-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

Ok. Racing beat states their Rear bar is 25mm up from the stock 21mm.

The 2006 does handle a wee bit better 2005. But there was a year gap between the times I tested the cars. There was a bit less body twists when I was test dribing it.

If the stock rear is 21, Sabio you happen to know what is the front?

edit: grammar

bubba1983
03-25-2006, 01:28 AM

As per our discussion.. Now I know what Flipspeed means when he says *He will get stuck with them.

The front bar requires the sub-frame to be dropped.....!!!! which means $$$$$$$$$$$$

So anyone thinking of getting a sway bar kit...both bars...better think twice.. ouch..
i do plan on grabbing a full RB set...yes...

when? soon

im too lazy to check the diameter of the stock sway bar, its outisde..in abox...meh

FLIPDADY
03-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Sway bars from 04-06 are the same.

Cardinal Fang
03-30-2006, 01:21 PM
DAMN.

bubba1983
03-31-2006, 03:42 PM
The diameter of the Racing Beat front sway bar is 1.125\" (28.5mm), as compared to the stock .83\" (21mm) front bar

The diameter of the Racing Beat rear sway bar is 1.06\" (27mm), as compared to the stock .79\" (20mm) rear bar

SABIO
04-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I\'ll let you guys know how the MazdaSpeed ones measure up next week.......:D

FLIPDADY
04-21-2006, 08:05 AM

I\'ll let you guys know how the MazdaSpeed ones measure up next week.......:D
Yeah I would like to know too.;)

swales
04-21-2006, 10:30 AM
I helped install the Mazdaspeed sway bars, springs and camber kit last weekend in my buddies driveway. Unless you have air tools, don\'t even bother trying ;)

I measured the MS sway bars but now I can\'t remember the dimensions :sarc I think both of them were 25mm

FLIPDADY
04-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by swales

I helped install the Mazdaspeed sway bars, springs and camber kit last weekend in my buddies driveway. Unless you have air tools, don\'t even bother trying ;)

I measured the MS sway bars but now I can\'t remember the dimensions :sarc I think both of them were 25mm
Hey Jamie did you guys have to drop the front crossmember?

swales
04-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Originally posted by swales

Hey Jamie did you guys have to drop the front crossmember?

You don\'t really drop it that much, you have to remove all the bolts etc and sort of let it rest on a jack. The front wasn\'t really that hard but we had a hard time getting the stock bar out but no trouble getting the bigger MS one in...lol The hardest part of the whole install was probably installing the camber kit on the pasenger side, what a PITA that was.

Also, one of his front endlinks was crazy rusted and needed to be replaced.

FLIPDADY
04-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah when changing the bar it\'s good to check the end links too.

Thanks for the info J.

swales
04-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Hey no problem, the job would be super easy with a lift, should only take 1.5 - 2 hours max. It took us the day to do the whole suspension and that was with just 2 jack stands

Flagrum_3
04-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey FlipSpeed, can someone order just the rear SB or do you have to purchase the kit? And if its possible what is the cost for rear SB only?

Thanks,

_3

SABIO
04-23-2006, 04:20 PM
It\'s called a Sway Bar Kit for a reason Pilgrim.......

And throwing on such a thick bar in the back could lead to dangerous handling......

FLIPDADY
04-24-2006, 08:29 AM

And throwing on such a thick bar in the back could lead to dangerous handling......
You heard the man!:D

Flagrum_3
04-24-2006, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the heads up, but aren\'t you making a big assumption here considering and I believe you are no expert in automotive engineering.And I think it was save to assume that even thought I know there\'s a KIT that it would be possible to get the rear bar seperately.Thanks,

Thanks Flip for answering, I guess I\'ll be going for the Progress after all.

_3

SABIO
04-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Ok.. I bought the kit to see how big it was.... Now what do I do with it.. hahahaha

Just kidding...... It\'s all mine