PDA

View Full Version : New owner of Vibrant exhaust

chinsterr
03-27-2006, 08:19 PM
As the title suggests, I recently purchased a Vibrant exhaust system from Cvrmotorsport --- i think the nice weather today had something to do with my \'impluse\' purchase. I will be picking up the exhuast in a few days and having it installed immediatley !! :p

I have read some threads about \"breaking in\" the exhaust . Is this really necessary ? Does it really improve sound quality ?

If there is anything else i should know please do tell

Chinsterr

astatik
03-27-2006, 08:30 PM
hey buddy, welcome to the vibrant club lol :)
from what i believe, i don\'t think you need to baby your car by driving slow speeds when you install it. all brand new exhuast have oil that you need to burn off so i\'m assuming the breaking in is when you burn off the excess oil from the exhaust.
i don\'t think it matters if your rip it or not when you get your exhaust installed. cause in the end your just burning that oil crap out... and it shouldn\'t affect your sound quality

SABIO
03-27-2006, 08:40 PM
The Vibrant club grows. :)
I wouldn\'t worry to much about oil...?? There problably is some residue in the pipes from welding, but it\'s no big deal.
As you drive, the heat is going to *cure the ceramic core (like I\'m some expert) and the sound will mellow out. Then that burble and popping will start to happen...about a solid 1000km.
And unlike Bubba... I didn\'t have a rotten egg smell.

bubba1983
03-27-2006, 10:50 PM
ahhh, i remember when i used to be a minority of the vibrant club..*sigh*
its just not special anymore.....

but till some of you guys start gettin headers...then im still part of the minority...

hope you made you sure you got the right application....enjoy it....its nice...

i miss the bubbily noise...i kinda want it back...

chinsterr
03-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Ok guys, im kinda a wierd situation...

So i ordered the exhuast from CVR, paid by credit card and everything cleared. I am supposed to go to Vibrant HQ tmr to pick up the exhaust, but i just recieved a call from Vibrant today telling me that the exhaust is sold out. I asked when are they going to have stock available and they told me early May. I am going to go to Vibrant tmr to talk to somewhere .

I hate having paid for something and not recieving it !!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR :(

What do you guys suggest i say/do ???

Please help me out on this one .

SABIO
03-28-2006, 07:57 PM
ouch.. that sux!!!

But didn\'t i say that on Sat. *What them be sold out* That bites large. 2 F\'N months.
I say get your money back. Better in your pocket than theirs.

You can always go with your other option. Or you could get a custom job done like some other people.

Use quality parts. Vibrant/Magnaflo mufflers and a good 2.5\" piping. With a sweet tip.
The Mazdaspeed one dosen\'t have a resonator...so get a custom 3\" exhuast with just a muffler.
Bet ya it will sound sweet.

chinsterr
03-28-2006, 08:31 PM
So i email CVR about my situation and this is the response i got

\"Hmm thats makes no sense, we scheduled yours and they told us it was
ready to go tommorow, i will call them in the morning and see whats
going on!! maybe they confused this with someone else we sent.\"

Im hoping this is the case !!! *fingers are crossed*

lol i only want this one !!! ive been researching exhausts for a couple of months now ... and no matter how i look at it , vibrant always comes out on top ***i am in no way trashing other peeps products.

Vibrant just has everything i want :)

chinsterr
03-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Got the Vibrant yesterday , it turns out that they thought my car was a hatch !!! (the hatch exhaust is all sold out)

Pro: Love the sound, love the look, and love the throttle response .

Con: Hard time trying to justify my purchase to my parents . I told them it cost 150$ . hahahaha

Got it installed at some little mechanic shop for 50$$$. I was nervous throughout the whole installation ... it was thier first time working on a mazda 3 !!!!!

heres were i got it installed

L & G Auto
19 LAIDLAW BLVD, UNIT 11
MARKHAM, ON
L3P 1W5

Tel:905-471-7482
Tel2:905-471-7481
Fax:905-471-7481

My review on the place: Honest people, were very careful while installing (maybe because i watched them like a hawk), bubble wrapped my stock exhaust and helped me put it in my car. Great price

**Pictures will come as soon as triplezoom sends them to me. My digicam died right when i turned out it, so we had to use his camera phone

SABIO
03-30-2006, 05:04 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Heheheh.... Worth every penny...

silversurfer
03-30-2006, 05:09 PM
that sucks big time. I ordered my vibrant last week as well but I have the hatch. hopefully it\'s not too long of a wait.

chinsterr
03-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by silversurfer

that sucks big time. I ordered my vibrant last week as well but I have the hatch. hopefully it\'s not too long of a wait.

If you are planning to pick it up at the vibrant warehouse then your are looking at a 1 month wait.

Where did you order it , if you dont mind me asking

silversurfer
03-31-2006, 07:44 PM
actually not picking it up from the Vibrant warehouse. I was going to order from CVR but I found a local shop that would give me a favourable price with minimal markup. I\'m getting it installed tomorrow. maybe I got one of the last ones in the last production run. Hopefully they didn\'t ship a sedan exhaust by mistake.

bubba1983
04-01-2006, 03:11 PM
oh boo hoo...nothing wrong with a lil wait...

for teh older members...what was the wait time on mine? like...almost 6months, LMFAO

MAZDA Kitten
04-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Okay i want pics
I think i\'ll be picking up my vibrant reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal soooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Jetlag
04-02-2006, 04:38 PM
I\'ve been looking at the Vibran for sometime too. Just got my tax return so I\'m game. If there are others who are interested, I think we should consider a GB. What do you think?

bubba1983
04-02-2006, 08:16 PM
not to threadjack....but....clips of the system almost a year old...

http://media.putfile.com/Picture-38134
http://media.putfile.com/Picture-38135
http://media.putfile.com/Picture-38132

bet i could do by myself..kinda hard tryin to get clips

chinsterr
04-02-2006, 11:25 PM
As promised, sorry it took so long

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/eae5a593.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/fd8918f2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/ab35a87d.jpg

This is a good before and after shot

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/f5b69f87.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/5ecd3892.jpg

Finished product

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/c6089868.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/c530f0a0.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/80ccace0.jpg

Yes, im newb. I dont know how to resize . Sorry

majic
04-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by chinsterr

Yes, im newb. I dont know how to resize

or rotate :p

upload here (http://imageshack.us/) and tick off the \'resize img (800x600)\' as for rotating i guess we\'re stuck with tilting our monitors sideways..

TheProfessor
04-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by majic
as for rotating i guess we\'re stuck with tilting our monitors sideways..

Or head ;)

bubba1983
04-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Originally posted by majic
as for rotating i guess we\'re stuck with tilting our monitors sideways..

Or head ;)

or desk :p

Jetlag
04-21-2006, 10:52 PM
About to join the Vibrant club soon. Just ordered mine today. For those of you with this exhaust system, have any of you experienced any droning. I\'m especially concerned because I do a ton of highway driving. I\'ve listened to enough clips of this exhaust and it sounds good, so I guess first hand opinions from all of you that already have it.
thanks.

Kevin@nextmod
04-23-2006, 10:24 PM
IAM....!!

chinsterr
04-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by mathuis

About to join the Vibrant club soon. Just ordered mine today. For those of you with this exhaust system, have any of you experienced any droning. I\'m especially concerned because I do a ton of highway driving. I\'ve listened to enough clips of this exhaust and it sounds good, so I guess first hand opinions from all of you that already have it.
thanks.

Welcome. I havent experienced any droning, well, not to the point that i have to roll down my windows. It should a bit \"loud\" between 1.5-3K rpm , but anything higher than that is is music to my ears. Hope you enjoy the system.

cyberscorpi0
04-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Hey guys, How much did you pay for the Exhaust and Intallation? Just curious.:)

SABIO
04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
$620 for the exhuast. $75 for install. CVR just Jacked up their price. And I believe <No more Local Pick-ups> :(

cyberscorpi0
04-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks Sabio.

I got quoted for $900 installation included.

H&R Spring $500 intallation included.

Am I getting ripped off?:(

SABIO
04-24-2006, 08:22 PM
ouch $900 for Exhuast yup.. thats a litle high.

H+R are about $330 and $100+ for install. So thats not too bad... $450 would be better.

cyberscorpi0
04-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Any suggestion to get VP Exhaust on cheaper rate?

SABIO
04-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Ask Bubba to speak with Vibrant.

bubba1983
04-25-2006, 12:03 AM
what makes u think i can swing a cheaper deal?
im jsut a regular customer liek anyone elese here on the board...

MazdaTree
04-25-2006, 12:11 AM
ur the viberant spokes person on tm3!:p

bubba1983
04-25-2006, 12:13 AM
since when?
i only replay the good experiences that i have had with them...its just a personal story, thats all...

chinsterr
04-25-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

$620 for the exhuast. $75 for install. CVR just Jacked up their price. And I believe <No more Local Pick-ups> :(

Ouch. no more local pickup ? I know CVR jacked up the price by 50$$ but i thought they were still keeping thier local pickup. 900$$ is a little steep but then again go to jpronline.com and they are selling it for 1100$$ CDN while the HKS hipower is only 750 $$$

bubba1983
04-25-2006, 11:07 AM
vibrant doesn\'t like cvr too much, they never authorized a local pickup, they frown apon local pickups, thats what they have distributers for...so cvr was doing this in an unauthorized manner....ALSO they were underselling the system lower than the pricepoint vibrant setout for it...

needless to say, email\'s were sent out, things got fixed

Caz
04-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the update Mr. spokesperson...oops... I mean Bubba

chinsterr
04-25-2006, 01:29 PM
So i take it that we cannot pick up the Vibrant Strut Bar at HQ either ?

bubba1983
04-25-2006, 01:55 PM
to my knowledge, that would be a negative...

cyberscorpi0
04-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Now I\'m stuck. Does it matter if I have auto for VP Exhaust?:(

bubba1983
04-25-2006, 02:12 PM
im sure it wouldn\'t....anyone correct me if im wrong, the only diff me thinks is just if you have a sedan or hatch...the length\'s are different

cyberscorpi0
04-25-2006, 02:33 PM
I actually have 4 Dr Sedan 2.3 GT/GFX.

chinsterr
04-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by cyberscorpi0

No it doesnt matter . I have an auto sedan and the VP exhaust.

What are you thinking would be the problem ?

MAZDA Kitten
04-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Just the fact that its an automatic :p ;)

cyberscorpi0
04-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by chinsterr

Originally posted by cyberscorpi0

No it doesnt matter . I have an auto sedan and the VP exhaust.

What are you thinking would be the problem ?

Did you get your VP Exhaust at CVR?

SABIO
04-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Give the guy some prices people. And where you got it.

bubba1983
04-25-2006, 11:30 PM
i got mine at cvr, and it was like 550usd

chinsterr
04-26-2006, 12:32 AM
~$$600 CDN from cvr with local pickup... i got lucky on the exchange rate :p

cyberscorpi0
04-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the great info.

Hopefully, I can join the VP Club too.:)

btown-mazda
02-18-2008, 11:51 AM
New member to the Vibrant club here, I just installed it over the weekend at Street Performance and can I tell you that I absolutely love this exhaust. Yea it's a tad loud I love it, but my gf doesn't. She's really clueless about cars and only knows that I "did something" to my stock exhaust but not sure what and how much it cost me. I got mine from a GB on M3F and I was able to get it for $590 installed so it seems like a pretty good deal compared to what the older members here got it for.

I'm contemplating getting one of the resonators either the bottle or ultra-quiet. I really don't want one but if it'll make my gf happy then I might. For those that got either one what was the size inlet/outlet & overall length you got as I don't know what is the correct one for the sedan.

Thanks,

pahecko
02-18-2008, 01:13 PM
New member to the Vibrant club here, I just installed it over the weekend at Street Performance and can I tell you that I absolutely love this exhaust. Yea it's a tad loud I love it, but my gf doesn't. She's really clueless about cars and only knows that I "did something" to my stock exhaust but not sure what and how much it cost me. I got mine from a GB on M3F and I was able to get it for $590 installed so it seems like a pretty good deal compared to what the older members here got it for.

I'm contemplating getting one of the resonators either the bottle or ultra-quiet. I really don't want one but if it'll make my gf happy then I might. For those that got either one what was the size inlet/outlet & overall length you got as I don't know what is the correct one for the sedan.

Thanks,

Welcome to the club. :bana I contemplated getting a resonator as well but it does tone down after the break in. Of course with the header it really doesn't matter how much the exhaust tones down :chuckle

b
02-18-2008, 04:45 PM

Thanks,

I have a resonator in the box in my trunk. Bought it at the vibrant warehouse sale. If you want it. $25 bucks. We can arrange to meet up at an oakville meet sometime. Brand new.

btown-mazda
02-18-2008, 06:33 PM
I have a resonator in the box in my trunk. Bought it at the vibrant warehouse sale. If you want it. $25 bucks. We can arrange to meet up at an oakville meet sometime. Brand new.

Which one is it bottle or ultra quiet and what are the dimensions.

Swerny
02-18-2008, 09:30 PM
are you talking about resonators or silencers??

b
02-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Which one is it bottle or ultra quiet and what are the dimensions.

Bottle style 12". When I was at the vibrant warehouse sale I asked the tech what one I needed and he said this was the only one that would fit. Took his word as he works there and knows the product.

btown-mazda
02-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks b, i'm guessing it's the 2.5" right. I'm going to wait until the exhaust breaks-in and the tone settles before making my decision but thanks once again.

bubba1983
02-19-2008, 04:54 PM
the tone will settle down quite a bit, youd be surprised...
ive ben reppin the vibrant for almost 3 years now (3 years in may)
still love it.

Swerny
02-19-2008, 05:10 PM
anyone else have opinions on the loudness of the Vibrant CB?

I really don't want something loud or that drones.

b
02-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks b, i'm guessing it's the 2.5" right. I'm going to wait until the exhaust breaks-in and the tone settles before making my decision but thanks once again.

Ya no prob. Just telling ya so you don't have to pay full retail. It has been in my trunk for 3 months now so a few more wont hurt it :)

I decided that I love the stock sound... thats why I didn't install it.

pahecko
02-21-2008, 08:44 AM
anyone else have opinions on the loudness of the Vibrant CB?

I really don't want something loud or that drones.

It's one of the louder ones but it's also the best sounding imo. The cb itself tones down to a nice level. Though to be honest I don't' remember how loud it was with just the cb but I definitely remember the difference with the header. So just the cb couldn't have been that loud. I also don't notice any droning on mine. So 2 thumbs up for Vibrant! : )

davidpetrozza
02-21-2008, 01:06 PM
How would you guys rate the Vibrant exhaust compared to the MS3 actual exhaust, not accessory exhaust??????