PDA

View Full Version : JDM RAINGUARDS INSTALL W/PICS - SEDAN

jdanielsg
04-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Ok I am going to start a install thread for the JDM Rainguards. I would need some help/clarification about what goes where, The instructions arent particularly helpful. Flipspeed/Joe can you help out?

To start off there are 4 plastic pieces naturally.

As for clips and what not, There are 3 different type of clips/holders and 2 kinds of platic bolts/washer type things (not pictured for now)

Here are the pics of the clips.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8223/clipsmedium5yf.jpg

Lets talk about the front windows. There are 3 holes on the front window pieces which means they have ot be secured in 3 places. And 2 for the back.

So there are 10 clips. So where do each of those go and do they go the plastic or do they go on the rubber seal? So lets name them the ones on the top row r A clips and the 2nd row on the left B and the 2 larger ones on the right C.

I am trying to make sense of the instructions and this is what I gather:

The back pieces only use B clips. The front piece uses 1 C slip on each side the edge of the guard thats nearest to the back door. The middle of the front guard uses B clip and the edge nearest the side mirrors uses A ?

So lets start with A, I am supposed to bolt it on and the edge thats sticking out is supposed to slide under the plactic trim thats holding the side mirrors?

For Clip B :http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3851/clipbmedium5be.jpgIs that the correct orientation of the clip? Facing up that way?

So if the idea of these Clips B and C to be affixed onto the plastic with the plastic bolts/washer type things and just sort of hung onto the door? And of course the 3M tape removed and stuck.

I just realised something so these r supposed to be stuck in the rubber or wherever that the window glass closes up to right? So did you guys clip first the somehow edged and pull off the tape while cliped n press down or ?

m_a_t_r_i_x
04-01-2006, 07:01 PM
we had a thread for this....search for it, that will guide you...

jdanielsg
04-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by m_a_t_r_i_x

we had a thread for this....search for it, that will guide you...

I\'ve read that before w/o pics its pretty useless. Plus I am actually waiting for Joe the expert to give some detailed advice :) That way I am also going to post pics when I install. Makes it easier for future people who manage to get their hands on one of these.

Thanks

m_a_t_r_i_x
04-01-2006, 07:17 PM
i never had problems installing them, the illustrations in the manual is pretty basic and thread about it was explained in detail.

I understand these JDM rainguards are discontinued, so theres no need to post pics for future reference...

anways its your thread...hope u get it done right

Mica3SGT
04-02-2006, 12:26 AM
use logic to determine the positions of the clips onto the rainguards grasshopper. Like the fireflies on a hot summers night bristling with the expected anticipated conclusion to their task, so too you will find your way with care and determination.
If you are sucessful in your quest ....it will be time for you to leave and drive away with pride.....photos are meant for the unwary and undisciplined amongst the fold - and best left behind.

Master Mica:zzz

jdanielsg
04-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Mica3SGT

use logic to determine the positions of the clips onto the rainguards grasshopper. Like the fireflies on a hot summers night bristling with the expected anticipated conclusion to their task, so too you will find your way with care and determination.
If you are sucessful in your quest ....it will be time for you to leave and drive away with pride.....photos are meant for the unwary and undisciplined amongst the fold - and best left behind.

Master Mica:zzz

I do not want to be bitchy but please have something useful to say if not why bother. Right? Forums are for information exchange, if I bother enough to document with pics the install process to be a little clearer for others who might get it regardless of if they cease to be available direct in Canada. And btw if one would notice I directed my question to Joe. I am just being thorough, telling me to figure it out myself isnt very intuitive a response. To promote harmony in the forums such responses should really be dispensed with.

Thanks

KenYork
04-02-2006, 07:44 AM
simple install..

1. Clean window frames
2. peel and stick rainguards
3. Use snap on fasteners to hold metal clips to window frame.
(the longer metal clips are fastened on the front doors closest to the B pillars)
yes, orientation of all the B clips face up.
Done!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/kenyork/mz3%20meet25/100_0320.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/kenyork/mz3%20meet25/100_0318.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/kenyork/mz3%20meet25/100_0319.jpg

sorry for the terrible pics.

jdanielsg
04-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Ah ok so the long clips, face sideways and clip the side area, totally different from the B clips. Right? THANK for the info.

chinsterr
04-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Do you guys find that the raingaurds actually help? * i might be considering picking them up, seeing though mazda ca. wont allow joe to order any more .

jdanielsg
04-23-2006, 11:42 PM
well wat do u expect it to do ? LOL. Well it allows u to at least open your windows for some air w/o creating too much noise n disturbance when you drive thats something, and well you can also do that in the rain hehe since they r rain guards.....

and they look sleek and not weird so its something good to have.

ds2chan
04-24-2006, 01:57 PM
I can\'t imagine them blocking more rain than if you would just open the window.. just seems like it makes the top of the window part a little lower (I hope that makes sense)..

oh well, it looks nice though.. :)

bluntman
04-24-2006, 02:16 PM
They also allow you to leave your window open slightly to allow for ventilation when you have your car parked; if it rains, rain will not enter.

jdanielsg
04-24-2006, 02:39 PM
exactly, you lower the window such that its not lower than where the rainguards go and then rain doesnt come in when you have it parked or if you are driving.

ds2chan
04-24-2006, 02:58 PM
ok.. and opening the window that much will still allow the breeze to come in behind the rain guards.. I get it..

that\'s pretty sweet then..

jdanielsg
04-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

ok.. and opening the window that much will still allow the breeze to come in behind the rain guards.. I get it..

that\'s pretty sweet then..

yuppers

FLIPDADY
04-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by chinsterr

Do you guys find that the raingaurds actually help? * i might be considering picking them up, seeing though mazda ca. wont allow joe to order any more .
Not true I might be able to get another set.;)

same0l679
04-25-2006, 12:36 AM
I say order from Flipspeed now while he can get them...before you know it they will be all gone and your gonna kick yourself for not getting them!