PDA

View Full Version : Xenonmatch Vs Silverstars Vs Ge Night hawk

jdanielsg
04-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Ok heres the thing. I cant afford HIDs right now, so I figure i need better light. I wont buy bulbs w/o a good exchange or warranty program, so no OSRAM EU Spec Silverstars, coz apparently those you have to buy online and burn out quick.

So Xtec has a lifetime warranty and so silverstars from Canadian Tire has a 3 month exchange a and probably 1 year warranty.

So which of these would be brighter?

See this is how I see it. I would probably get Xtec down the road, which mean to help it match I may need to get Xtec xenon match for the highs and the fogs anyways.

So would silverstar whiteness match HIDs? If I get less than 5000K. so just white not bluish. thats way I can get silverstas now and keep them even when I have HIDs.

But Xtec lifetime on those bulbs sound great, but r they as bright?

And someone mentioned GE nighthawk is the brightest available at CT, I am assuming its not as white as Silverstars, but not by much and they give more light?

The previous thread above which was locked had a link when it was locked but it doesnt work............ and I checked out the other threads, they dunt do much of a comparison :) anyone of you tried?

SABIO
04-16-2006, 08:39 PM
NO halogen bulb can match the light output of a Xenon bulb.

jdanielsg
04-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

I was refering to Xenon MATCH bulbs by Xtec. They are halogen bulbs meant to match the whiteness of HIDs

Caz
04-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Save your money and buy HID\'s

Fuman
04-17-2006, 12:51 PM
brighter halogens also run hotter.
things you may want to look in to
can the housing withstand the temperature increase?
can the car electrical system handle the increase load?

i would just save up for HIDs. you might still be able to get a kit for 300 cnd from Devin.

edit: grammar

SourcE
04-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Does Pearl Hatch have any problems with his Nokya bulbs? Or is that totally different?

Fuman
04-17-2006, 07:37 PM
not directly related to this thread, but it is worth the read.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-technical-articles/halogen/

FLIPDADY
04-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Just get in on the Nokya bulbs GB that Pearly has set up.

Put in a set of 7000K stage 2 Nokya bulbs and it does the job so far.

KenYork
04-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

i have the silverstars. the last westside meet i attended, was next to broli\'s HID\'s... nowhere near as bright as his.

b
04-27-2006, 07:49 PM
I had the Silverstars before upgrading to HID. I found they would burn out fast. I was replacing them every 6-8 months or so. I bought my car on Dec 31 2003 and I have probably put in 3 pairs of silverstars before upgrading to HID a month ago.

jdanielsg
04-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah I sorta decided I wouldnt bother and would go with Prolumens. No Xtec for me coz they seem to have quality issues.

b
04-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Good choice... You\'ll love them.