PDA

View Full Version : gosh-darn ABS light

sube-killer
04-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Hello all, couple of things,

It\'s good to find a site dedicated to the 3, and in ontario non the less!!! good to be here

Just wondering where everfeb lives? if I have their name right, it sounds like your around the v-bay, dryden area?

Anyway, to the question I have for you guys. I just bought a new 06 mazda3 sport gt. I absolutly love, as long as I dont have to back up!!! As soon as I back up the ABS light comes on, then when I press the brakes their is a funny growl from under the hood almost like a gurgling then it feels like the rear brakes release all together??? this happens when either going forward or backwards. Now it doesnt happen all the time, in fact we put over 600km on this weekend most of it in town driving and backing up all without issues, but then it started up this morning again.

I posted this in another site but all I was told was it may be a defective sensor, and take it to the dealer. Thats ok, except I too live 4 hrs in either direction from the closest dealer so its kind of a pain in the, well you get my point.

Any ideas??

Broli
04-17-2006, 02:15 PM
i wish i could tell u otherwise, but a dealer is probably the best bet!
call the nearest one up and see what the say, maybe the will have an idea what if could be??

FLIPDADY
04-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Dealer.

Nuff said.;)

sube-killer
04-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Come on you guys, your supossed to tell me something like: There is a bundle of wires under the hood, connected to various sensors, find the purple wire (it\'s always the purple one) and splice it with the red wire, then find all the wheel speed sensors and unplug all of them, that should fix the problem!!

Oh well, I guess it will have to wait until the end of the month to get looked at, its going in for a full tint job (one of the many things the salesman threw in to sell the car) at the beginning of may so they can llok at it then.

Thanks

Cardinal Fang
04-17-2006, 03:11 PM
There is a bundle of wires under the hood, connected to various sensors, find the purple wire (it\'s always the purple one) and splice it with the red wire, then find all the wheel speed sensors and unplug all of them, that should fix the problem.

If that doesn\'t work I\'d take it to the dealership.

Jeff-TheBiz
04-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

There is a bundle of wires under the hood, connected to various sensors, find the purple wire (it\'s always the purple one) and splice it with the red wire, then find all the wheel speed sensors and unplug all of them, that should fix the problem.

If that doesn\'t work I\'d take it to the dealership.

Dont forget to re-engage the TFSS, Otherwise your fry your X2-R... :sarc

sube-killer
04-17-2006, 05:38 PM
TFSS???

Is that next to the muffler bearing? Oh, by the way I checked my signal light flasher fluid, it was down a quart, no wonder it was flashing so slow!:D :D

Thanks guys, its alwasy good to have fun