PDA

View Full Version : Donations....Affliations....officers...

SABIO
04-19-2006, 06:15 PM
O.K...
If we are a club..lets act like one. Update this will ya.
You want my $10? ...to make some shirts?
Any new stores....
Big group of guys out there now who might be able to promote the club every week at meeting across the GTA......

S.F.W.
04-19-2006, 07:51 PM
I\'m with Sabio on this one. If we want to make strides us a club we need to organize ourselves better.

Xenon
04-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Alright: here\'s what I know is going to happen. Time frame is 3-4 months for the entire list to be checked off. Please note, I\'m not Events-Promo anymore, but I\'m going to try and do as much of this as I can. if someone wants to help, send me a PM.

- Updated list of Affiliates on the Affiliates Listing Thread in the forum.
- New Logo Decals. This won\'t happen until May or June. Technicalities have to be worked out, size etc.
- T-Shirts? Maybe. Last time there was a lack of interest, and we couldn\'t even agree on a design for the shirt.
- As for new stores, please clarify this? Do you have stores that want to sponsor us? or you looking for a listing of stores that already has?
- Donations: to help maintain the website, use the PayPal Link on the top right Main Thread List. For things like promo stuff (t-shirts, decals etc.), so far we have been humble and have only asked for money when it is time to actually make the items. We have not setup a way that members can donate into a \"Members Fund\" or anything like that, however judging by your post, we will look into setting something like that up.

EDIT: My crappy spelling has been fixed :D

wtom
04-20-2006, 12:48 AM
I\'m still unofficially the treasurer ... need to learn to get-away faster. :p

EDIT: What I mean is that I hold the cash-till. Part of the monies from the window decals and license plate stickers that I sell go into this cash-till. The PayPal link is for supporting the actual existence of this web site (ie. PayPal\'ing to the webmaster directly). If you\'d like to donate to the club portion, please contact me (PM me with your email address).

Broli
04-20-2006, 09:25 AM
nice . . .

and, i know this may be too soon!
but maybe some new toques . . .

:D

let me know if i can be of help!
this is sounding good though!!!:D

Kevin@nextmod
04-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Broli

nice . . .

Toques? kinda is early.
Outdoor sports season is here. May I suggest wrist bands?

Broli
04-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

nice . . .

Toques? kinda is early.
Outdoor sports season is here. May I suggest wrist bands?

lol

but the price will be good!
and . . .
who want wrist bands anyways?
maybe some caps!
baseball caps . . .
i want an orange, blue and black one!

see thats 3!

TheProfessor
04-20-2006, 02:08 PM
If we really want to raise money in a hurry we should auction off a temporary banning of Broli. Every $10 bans him for one day ;)

In all seriousness I just want to say thank you to those of you who help to keep this site running, many of us take it for granted. I know I\'ll be making a donation within the next few days to the webmaster.

Keep up the good work lads.

majic
04-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

If we really want to raise money in a hurry we should auction off a temporary banning of Broli. Every $10 bans him for one day ;)

oh.. I\'m so in for THIS :D

Originally posted by PSIVIC
In all seriousness I just want to say thank you to those of you who help to keep this site running, many of us take it for granted. I know I\'ll be making a donation within the next few days to the webmaster.

Keep up the good work lads.

as nice as it is.. i have a feeling the webmaster/owner is making enough to stay content.. you never hear him urging for $$ like on m3f or msprotege and stuff.. and i don\'t see any trails of backups, new hardware slated for rollout or new BB software (this one is quite crappy but FREE)

so yah.. where is the $ going? how much is it costing to run tm3? i guess only ONE person can answer that question..

Broli
04-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Ban This!!

*raises middle finger*

now in all seriousness!

majic is too nice . . .
(how the hell did that happen???)

now . . . give the money to wtom to put in his box and store for club related things . . .
or keep ur money in ur pants psivic!

TM3 has not even a 100 posts . . .
so screw him!

Xenon is the man here, but my guess is the money goes to TM3!

got it?

;)

Kevin@nextmod
04-20-2006, 04:04 PM
I\'d pay $40 to delete Broli\'s account so he has to start ALL OVER AGAIN!!
Mwahhahaha

FLIPDADY
04-20-2006, 04:20 PM

Mwahhahaha
Hmm, sounds like a good idea. How about $1 per post?:D

Broli
04-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Mwahhahaha

Hmm, sounds like a good idea. How about $1 per post?:D

since u all want to get rid of me . . . :(
bstds . . .

here\'s ur chance

come up with 1000 dollars from everyone, half for TM3, half for a charity of my choosing (a real charity, not me!)

do this, and i will stop using this account
i will sign on as Broli_2 and be a newb again (that means i get to bug majic right?)

payment is to be made in cash to me at a Monday MASIV Meet!
20 cars must be present . . .

good luck!

SABIO
04-20-2006, 04:32 PM
well.. nice to see people here.
I didn\'t make this post to start a clothes drive...
I just think there is more we can do as a club... like donate time to a charity.
5-8 of us volunteer at a charity car wash for a few hours..something like that. Put up the banner, wear some TM3 t-shirts... have fun, promote the club and it\'s a good photo op. :)

and yes... donate a cpl. bux to the TM3 coffer... get some green saved up for a Summer Club BBQ / Family Picnic....etc.

majic
04-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by SABIO
Summer Club BBQ / Family Picnic....etc.

i think that might be in the works.. RJ3? methodyst? know anything about this ;)

mEtH
04-20-2006, 11:04 PM
I held off because Alex started a cruise and bbq thread. Lets get that going, set a cost to cover food and extra money gets donated to the club. Easiest way to go about it. We\'d need to front the money probably to start it off and get people to pay as they show up.

Thing is are people going to B&#%@ if its held in the east or west or whatever...?

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=5631

majic
04-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

Thing is are people going to B&#%@ if its held in the east or west or whatever...?

then pick a new spot.. such as this park (http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=lakefront+promenade,+mississauga, +on&ll=43.56898,-79.558568&spn=0.022512,0.054245&om=1) the mx-3/323 meet was held there last summer.. had a decent turnout.. plenty of parking spots..

Kevin@nextmod
04-20-2006, 11:47 PM
If iam willing to drive to the west for $0.39 wings, I\'ll drive east or west for a cruise and/or bbq.

I\'ll represent the eastside....

S.F.W.
04-21-2006, 12:05 AM
I\'ll drive wherever. For a BBQ for the entire club no prob. I am even willing to help front some of the $$ if it helps.

Broli
04-21-2006, 12:18 AM
i don\'t care if people B#$%#$ about the location
the forks of the credit road is a good drive!

the summer is long!
we can do another bbq in that park in august!

majic
04-21-2006, 09:42 AM

the summer is long!

nice attitude.. this is surely going to help you gather the troops.. :sarc

i merely suggested a \'neutral\' (not a meet location) spot to do the BBQ at.. near the lake and all.. it was just a suggestion.. anyway.. looks like u\'ve got the whole summer planned out with a whopping TWO BBQs this year.. make sure it\'s around the civic holiday so only those who don\'t make any plans can make it.. ;)

Broli
04-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by majic

the summer is long!

nice attitude.. this is surely going to help you gather the troops.. :sarc

i merely suggested a \'neutral\' (not a meet location) spot to do the BBQ at.. near the lake and all.. it was just a suggestion.. anyway.. looks like u\'ve got the whole summer planned out with a whopping TWO BBQs this year.. make sure it\'s around the civic holiday so only those who don\'t make any plans can make it.. ;)

hey hey hey

take it ease!

lol

i didn\'t want to say we will have a bbq every month, and then people would whine and say, but we have a meet everyone month, and a bbq . . .

i think that monthly would be best!

how about this majic . . .

may 24 weekend
canada day weekend
civic holiday weekend
labour day weekend

lol,

when i set the date of the cruise bbq, it was without knowing it was the holiday weekend
and when i realized i asked people (the people who responded) if it was cool, no one complained!

i am more than willing to change that!

and next bbq will definetly be more central, and will not have a cruise!
but hey, its the weekend, if someone were to set up an eastside cruise,
i would be there (as long as it was after my shift)

ur suggestion was good, we will bbq there for the next one for sure!!

Broli
09-01-2006, 12:38 PM
sabio\'s thread
back from the dead

more in the sense of how much money comes in from affiliates
anything over the amount it takes to cover the cost of the board
domain name and hosting (max 150-200 per year)
should go to the club fund,
can we see some records please!!!!

i understand that admin will want some sort of payment for what he does, but . . .
if you aint do much, you don\'t get much, you dig?

;)

KenYork
09-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by wtom

I\'m still unofficially the treasurer ... need to learn to get-away faster. :p

EDIT: What I mean is that I hold the cash-till. Part of the monies from the window decals and license plate stickers that I sell go into this cash-till. The PayPal link is for supporting the actual existence of this web site (ie. PayPal\'ing to the webmaster directly). If you\'d like to donate to the club portion, please contact me (PM me with your email address).

i thought we have two paypal accounts now. One for the site that goes to TM3 and one to Xenon for the club.

Broli
09-01-2006, 07:14 PM
thats old info
the paypal on the board goes to the club now
the affiliates money goes to TM3

all money should go thru a club exec
and they dish out the money for the board
hosting, software, maintenance
but i am sure we could find people who could do the
maintenance for free, who are members

S.F.W.
09-01-2006, 07:15 PM
we do have two accounts.
But we have had no accounting for either funds. How much was made from the sale of polo\'s ?
How much has been donated to the members fund?

SourcE
09-01-2006, 07:46 PM
i just donated some coin to the events email through paypal. where the hell does that go?

:sarc :p

S.F.W.
09-01-2006, 08:00 PM
goes to Lawrence for use for the club...

Broli
09-01-2006, 08:23 PM
I will ask this question again!
how much money is collected from affiliates
each month
each year
over the last year
how much did hosting the board cost
how much did domain registration cost
how much time was spent in forum maintenance?
where does the extra money go?
this is a club not a buisness!

answers?

TM3 and Xe
a full report would be great
thx!

Xenon
09-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Alright... from My portion of the funds here\'s a full lowdown, starting from when the polos started to be sold. If you guys really want, I can go get the reciepts and stuff and give you exact numbers. For now, I\'ll give exact where I can, but approximates elsewhere.

Prior to seeling polos, the Events-Promo Fund (aka Cash Box) had $144.53 in it (mostly from precious decal sales).
We had sample polos made, and we had to pay to digitize the two parts of the logo, the image, and then the text. All of that cost just over $280.00. All $144.53 was used from the cash box bringing the balance of funds to $0.00. The remining funds came from my personal Visa Credit Card. We sold Seven Polos in the first batch. Cost for EACH polo was $32.00, we sold them for $40, hence $8.00 profit each polo. $8.00 * 7 Polos = $56.00 Profit. About $135 was put on my credit card. I used the $56 in profit to recoup some of that $135. Please also note that I bought a polo, so the club actually only owed me about $95.00, minus the $56 I took, hence the club now only owes me $39.

Here is where all the generosity has come in from all the members. Thus far there has been a total of $145.00 in donation from members into the members fund. In addition to that, excess funds from the Website Maintainance Fund were transfered to the Members fund. That was $50.00.

TOTAL DONATIONS TO THE MEMBERS FUND: $195.00
MINUS PAYPAL TRANSACTION FEES: $8.96
MEMBERS FUND BALANCE: $186.04

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/xenons3/untitled.jpg

Donor\'s names have been blurred for privacy purposes. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to post up, and I will try to clarify and/or explain anything that is unclear.

Broli
09-02-2006, 03:31 AM
thx Lawerence!

ok, so now we can wait to see what TM3 says!

i think you should recoup the rest of your expenses from the members fund
and be even, and we can go from there!

S.F.W.
09-04-2006, 02:25 AM
agreed. Lawrence, you shoudl not be out of pocket. Recoup your costs from members fund, and lets continue building.
I would still love to see a similar statement from TM3. Just for clarity.