PDA

View Full Version : Buying K&N AND AEM in the GTA

jdanielsg
04-24-2006, 01:57 AM
There are plenty of options on where to buy the abovementioned online, but I would like to know if there are any reputable stores selling both these brands at reasonable prices in the GTA?

eman124
04-24-2006, 02:17 AM
I know that there is a shop near hwy7/kennedy, you know there is a nissan dealership there, right beside it there are a bunch of shops, and there is one that sells car parts. Go check it out there, they can order it for you. I went there last time and they quoted me a reasonable price (at least i think it is).

jdanielsg
04-24-2006, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by eman124

I know that there is a shop near hwy7/kennedy, you know there is a nissan dealership there, right beside it there are a bunch of shops, and there is one that sells car parts. Go check it out there, they can order it for you. I went there last time and they quoted me a reasonable price (at least i think it is).

I dunt suppose you know the name? Thanks :)

SABIO
04-24-2006, 04:49 AM
:hoho Well..... You might guess where I will say to check out... Maybe here TIRES23 (http://www.tires23.com/)

chinsterr
04-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Triplezoom and i picked up our AEM intakes last week from \"Formula one Imports\" at pacific mall. We shopped around and got the best price there. Ask for Sam

jdanielsg
04-24-2006, 11:38 AM
ah some names thanks guys :) But one thing about buying stuff from Chinese places... being chinese myself one does know that sometimes they sell grey market goods or fake.... so.....

oh yeah forgot to mention.. I am looking into getting K&N CCA and AEM dry flow filter and AEM bypass valve to create my ultimate CAI hehe. Yes Yes I know why not just got SRI but I prefer CAI the SRI option is just for well option, never hurts to have options.

jdanielsg
04-24-2006, 12:20 PM
ok so update Formula One\'s prices on the CCA is way way more than Tire23. And I have yet to check and compare prices online.

Kevin@nextmod
04-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by chinsterr

Triplezoom and i picked up our AEM intakes last week from \"Formula one Imports\" at pacific mall. We shopped around and got the best price there. Ask for Sam
I can pick one up for a price better then them!

jdanielsg
04-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

I can pick one up for a price better then them!

hey PM me if you can and also let me know how and for how much. THANKS !!

chinsterr
04-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Why not just go for INJEN ? The filter sits higher than the AEM, so the chance of hydro-locking is less--- I am assuming thats why you are buying the bypass kit.

jdanielsg
04-24-2006, 01:28 PM

Why not just go for INJEN ? The filter sits higher than the AEM, so the chance of hydro-locking is less--- I am assuming thats why you are buying the bypass kit.

coz there r people who face alot of CEL issues with INjen because of the water flowing to the filer for some reason its all over the Mazda3 forums. Plus I like having options so CCA being able to go for SRI to CAI and back and forth is a good thing for me...

cyberscorpi0
04-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey Pearl_Hatch,

Will you be able to give me pricing for H&R Springs and Vibrant Performance?;)

Thanks.

chinsterr
04-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by jdanielsg

coz there r people who face alot of CEL issues with INjen because of the water flowing to the filer for some reason its all over the Mazda3 forums.

It has something to do with the rubber/weather seal on the hood . For some reason, water tends to leak through and drip right where the filter is. I believe someone on M3F posted a fix for this .. dont remember which thread/post etc

jdanielsg
04-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah i read that one... but it seems only injen and some other brands r complaining so far no one with K&N has complained could there be a diff?

If this is a general issue wouldnt Mazdaspeed CAIs have the same issue?

I wonder.......hmmmm

Flagrum_3
04-26-2006, 04:16 PM
You could try NoyzBoyz, they are located at 627 Danforth Rd Scarborough, they carry alot of brands, family owned for 20 years. I\'m pretty sure they carry both K&M and AEM intakes...call them @ 416-264-0240.

_3

McGuyver_3
05-10-2006, 12:30 PM
What he said^^^^