PDA

View Full Version : Group Buys and Affiliates - open to suggestions

majic
05-10-2006, 02:38 PM
thanks to kevin (pearl_hatch) for bringing this to my attention.. i don\'t know if ANYONE here knows how someone becomes an affliliate and who the real affiliates are (w/o looking under their nickname)

so i hope xenon/tm3 can address this once and for all

if the mods see a GROUP BUY that is NOT from one of the affiliates listed here (http://torontomazda3.com/affiliates.html) or here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=313) then the GB should be removed.. yes/no?

exceptions would include a one time deal set up by one of the active members on the forum such as my old old sills GB or kevin\'s springs/bulbs GB, the rotora slotted rotors GB etc etc.. where we are merely middle men getting good products to the community at a preferred price..

i just scanned through some group buys and there were ones by MYK and visionbulbs and they are NOT on the affiliate list to my knowledge.. we cannot \'use discretion\' each time a GB is proposed so i think we need rules that are better than the current ones.. and simple steps outlined for ANYONE (qualified) to become an affiliate.. if you guys have suggestions post them up or if you don\'t want to reveal your identity to everyone just PM the mods.. i think we ALL have more questions than answers at this point.. this way we can bring all of these to the admins and take it from there..

your modwhorator

--majic :)

bubba1983
05-10-2006, 03:58 PM
^^ agrees
as you stated, there has been other GB in teh past where they havn\'t been \"affiliates\" and such...

you need a list, a form...a proper guidance, rather than, as we currently see lately the \"pick and choose\" fashion to who gets to do the GB or not....

cause franlky, this new \"pick and choose\" attitude, is really horrible!

mEtH
05-10-2006, 04:12 PM
I am getting word that there is a monthly fee to be an affiliate on TM3? Since when and how come its not posted in the Group Buy rules...!!!

Xenon
05-10-2006, 05:48 PM
OK... here is the low-down on Affiliates and Sponsors.

Affiliates:
These are Dealerships and/or body shops, tinting places etc. that offer a membership to ALL TM3 members. For example, members are given a 10% discount on parts and labour at Westowne Mazda. because an affiliate offers a year-round discount to all of our members, there is no fee for being an affiliate. In return, Affiliates get advertising to our community, and also get the right to post ads and specials with regards to their dealership/store. Example of this is TheBiz posting the new lease rates and Mazda Canada incentives. He is allowed to do this because he works for Mazda of Toronto, which is an affilite.

Sponsors (Formally known as Promotional Affiliate):
Sponsors are stores/shops etc. that do not offer a year-round discount, nor give TM3 members any special discounts (this includes volume discounts). The sponsorship program requires the store/shop to pay a fee to advertise on our site forum. This was done to generate some revenue to keep the forum running. Sponsors also get the advantage of being listed on the homepage of the Car Club site. Basically their fee is payment for advertising. When this fee is paid, Sponsors are allowed to advertise any of their products, whether they are car related or not, and start group buys.

Any exceptions to these rules must be taken up with TM3 (webmaster@torontomazda3.com) prior to posting anything.

I know the system is not perfect. And we are trying to find all the negative technicalities in it. I am currently in the process or reposting all the Affiliation and Sponsorship terms and Conditions to better reflect the current policies.

billyfo
05-10-2006, 07:30 PM
although I never start a GB, but I did buy something from some GBs which were just organized by our members. this is the only concern there will be some so call \"MEMBERS\" join the club to only promote their products, but there are still some long term members brought some stuffs in to let us have a really good price. So the best is Xenon or TM3 pm the member who started the GB and tell he/she what to do before banned the account.

Kevin@nextmod
05-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Well to me, I think Anyone can start a GB if it does not affect any other sponsors here. Just like Supershyguy. He\'s making this lip for us and no other affliates here are doing this so there is no conflict. As for the LED GB, I do\'nt find anything wrong with that either since there are no other places cheaper?

Rules should also be followed but only to a certain extend. There is a chinese saying \"Rules are dead and humans are alive\" We can\'t always live life following the same rules without any changes or exceptions.

Xenon
05-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Like I said, the system isn\'t perfect, and there are technicalities that are being worked out. TM# and I realize that and are in the midst of reforming the system.

Broli
05-11-2006, 12:14 AM
i have been out at a conference all day and i have missed all this action!
i am still gathering the info i will have more to say later!!

maybe TM3 could check with XENON before he does something drastic like this
just since he is not really in the loop, u know what i mean

coming on once in a blue moon and seeing something it is difficult to get the whole picture

as i understand it

SSG was asked to make these, and was not hear looking for buisness
so . . .

edit: this is the problem with our current set up!
the club is not the website

Nextmod
05-11-2006, 01:46 PM
I just paid the sponsors fee. so I am now a sponsor :)

majic
05-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Supershyguy

good to hear.. :)

and now you\'re limited to 1PM/day unless u got lucky :p

Nextmod
05-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by majic

you are joking right? Please tell me you are joking :hoho

majic
05-11-2006, 02:06 PM

try PMing me again ;)

Jeff-TheBiz
05-11-2006, 02:47 PM

LMAO...

http://www.fmvperformance.com/forum_items/Smileys/default/twitch.gif

Welcome, once again...

bluntman
05-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Better post your email address...quick. :p

Jeff-TheBiz
05-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Better post your email address...quick. :p

Part of the reason my signature is my email address...

Nextmod
05-12-2006, 09:03 AM
actually TM3 Fixed it for more (Thanks TM3)

I can send any many as I want so :p

bluntman
05-12-2006, 09:12 AM
It says that my PM limit is 6 but I can still only send 1 per day. :(

majic
05-12-2006, 09:20 AM

wtf? i want to be an affiliate too then :p

Nextmod
05-12-2006, 09:22 AM

wtf? i want to be an affiliate too then :p

lol :D