PDA

View Full Version : Do we want TM3 involved in this club??

Broli
05-11-2006, 01:01 AM
The question is
do we want TM3 to be involved in this club as more than a member???????

not to knock him down, but
as i understand it!

this software is free!
he pays for the site
however, i am personally willing to refund him what he has payed to host this site up to now!!!!

he doesn\'t do admin work, except to come up and close threads that he shouldn\'t be closing!

he did a good thing we he set up the forum, but he is not involved at all!
and he is not interested, it would literally take him a total of 15 mins a day to log on and see what is going on and do his job as admin!

i voted no,

and i think it is time to advance the club as a club
it just makes sense
the board would still be the board
just it would be under the control of people who give a shit!!

ok

lets here what the people think??

same0l679
05-11-2006, 01:24 AM
well i guess if he isn\'t doing his job as an Admin...then no he shouldn\'t be involved...but props must be given out to TM3 for setting up this forum...its helped me and alot of other mazda 3 enthusiasts alot...

bubba1983
05-11-2006, 05:42 AM
IBTL:p

OTUA YM
05-11-2006, 09:36 AM
First, I\'d like to Thank TM3 for providing us all a place to get to know our cars.
This \"website\" has given me a ton of valuable info.
And I know that running a site can become a money-pit (I\'ve been there).

That being said.... The website SUCKS !!!
We might as well call this site... torontomazda3forums.com
Because thats what it is !!!

I have the torontomazda3.com sticker on my plate, and to be honest,
Anyone who visits the site must think its dead.
The site never changes !!!
Yes, I know he redid the pages a while back... but since then nothing is new.

The only thing alive is this forum.

Personally, I think the website should be more evolved and up to date.
There should be a notice of \"Next Event\" (not in a statement saying \"Look in the forum\".
There should be a permanent \"How-To\" section in it (instead of in the forum).
There should be a Photo Section with pictures of our cars (not just one small thumbnail).
There should be a link to the \"Mazda 3 Manual\" for anyone who needs it.
I could go on and on and on.
.... I guess what I\'m saying is anything thats a \"Sticky\" in the forum, is probably valuable enough to be put on the Main Website.

As for the site name.
I think its way to late to change it, but......
I can\'t help but thinking half the people who see my Plate Sticker,
Probably think its a plate cover from Mazda of Toronto (torontomazda)
The \"3\" and the \".com\" get lost.
Thats why I think a name like \"TM3online.com\" would be so much better for attracting new members.

Again, I want to stress that Rob (TM3) should be praised for what he has done.
But, if he doesn\'t feel like giving this site his full attention,
Then maybe its time he passes it on to some one whos willing to put the time and effort into it.

Just my 2 cents.

mEtH
05-11-2006, 10:07 AM
OMG!!!! Where is my Round of appluase smiley, or anything...!!!!

Well written and really I can probably say that most of the active members on this board feel the same. Thank you, finally a member that cruises the board but isn\'t as active as many others says something. If only the few commoners keep bringing these kinds of things to attention then nothing will ever happen.

I applaude you and your valiant effort. oh and your 0.02 cents is worth a lot more ;)

RedRaptor
05-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Well...our great TM3 Admin has deleted our thread in the GB section about \"The GB Going Down the Crapper\"...what next? Will he start censoring other posts and even go as far as ban opinionated users like myself?

This isn\'t even about the GV Lip GB anymore...at least M3F will give you an warning before they take you offline (trust me I know...hehe), but I\'ve also talked to the admin over there and he is much more well spoken and reasonable than our great TM3 Admin here.

All the drama yesterday really showed TM3 Admin\'s true colours...and the fact is he only cares about the sponsorship/money than the well being of our club.

Broli, I salute you for standing up and offering to take over this site. I am willing to donate to help out. I have never donated a cent to this site and as you all can see, for good reason.

As much as ppl trash M3F, at least they have \"up keep\" and eventho they run it like a business, at least there are forum upgrades and etc...so to show that the sponsorship money isn\'t just their admin\'s pockets.

This place sucks and its time for a change. :sarc

Watch this thread be deleted soon.

SourcE
05-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I have some website design, maintenance, build experience and will gladly lend a hand if anyone needs it. I am also a marketing data manager and will offer any marketing/advertising help too.

Lemme know.

SIM SIMMA
05-11-2006, 11:34 AM
This place isn\'t just the forums? :sarc

Yeah the website itself is pretty sad and lacking in updates.

I think in order to move on as a site and a club this place needs some overhauling. There are many people that are willing to step in and \"help\" or to \"take over\" the required responsibilities to make this place what it has the potential to be.

I say let it happen. It\'s time to pass the torch on.

Thanks to TM3 for starting this place (major props), but maybe it\'s time to move on and let someone who wants to devote more time and energy run the place? Maybe the desire has left?

Cardinal Fang
05-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Not to beat a dead horse but I think it\'s pretty evident that the membership would like to see an upgrade in the website. We\'ve talked about it over and over again. If this club is looking to grow beyond the \"casual\" then it certainly needs the infrastructure a proper site can afford it.

My only fear is that at some point \"someone\" well eventually say \"fark it,\" I\'ve had enough and start up a rival site to this one with all the bells and whistles including organizational content and software. I can sense enough frustration here on this website to predict it would cause traffic loss on this site and fracture the club.

I would hope that TM3 would take all these posts with the intent to which it\'s offered. To make this site better not worse. Let’s honestly take a look at this while we still have a chance.

I didn’t vote in the poll because I don’t know what TM3’s involvement is here. If he wants to stay involved (as the owner only) then he needs to delegate responsibility in the hands of those that can run the site. If he doesn’t want to relinquish any responsibility that he needs to become far more involved than what I’ve witnessed.

SourcE
05-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

My only fear is that at some point \"someone\" well eventually say \"fark it,\" I\'ve had enough and start up a rival site to this one with all the bells and whistles including organizational content and software. I can sense enough frustration here on this website to predict it would cause traffic loss on this site and fracture the club.

Sounds like a plan, who\'s in :p

SABIO
05-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Have I met him?? What does he do? Or what has he done?

Sounds like you want to kick someone out because he\'s not around?? I won\'t make rash statements until I know all the facts.
I would luv a better site. And a more active club. Is it his fault? Do we blame him or ourselves?

OTUA YM
05-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by SABIO
Have I met him?? What does he do? Or what has he done?

Sounds like you want to kick someone out because he\'s not around?? I won\'t make rash statements until I know all the facts.
I would luv a better site. And a more active club. Is it his fault? Do we blame him or ourselves?

Well, according to the website he\'s our \"web/forum administator\",
But then again, those pages haven\'t been updated for some time now. :p

I\'ve never met him either, but judging by the \"whos online\" status,
he visits quite often, and does some behind the scenes stuff. ;)

Xenon
05-12-2006, 03:58 AM
I met him ONCE. At the very first car meet.

he drives a silver Mazda6... no that\'s not a typo.

OTUA YM
05-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Xenon
I met him ONCE. At the very first car meet.

he drives a silver Mazda6... no that\'s not a typo.

LOL..... That\'s just too funny.

So what you\'re telling me,
Is that the guy who has full control over the website, the forum, and the purse strings,
doesn\'t even drive a Mazda3 !!!
Good Grief, Charlie Brown.... no wonder why he has no interest in maintaining it.

I guess this site isn\'t a money losing investment afterall.
Just out of curiosity....
Does anyone know how much it cost to be an affiliate ???
Who actually has access to the financial data of this place ???

All I need is 26 more posts, and my post count will be the same as TM3\'s
.... ENOUGH SAID !!! :sarc

Kevin@nextmod
05-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by OTUA YM

I know I know...But i do\'nt know if i\'m suppose to say it.

SourcE
05-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

Why wouldn\'t you be allowed, is it like being in the SAS...\"I can tell you, but then I\'d have to kill you\"... :D

Nextmod
05-12-2006, 09:21 AM

ya I am not sure if I can say it nether lol :p

SourcE
05-12-2006, 09:28 AM
It all sounds a bit fishy to me. Did TM6 specifically ask you not to say anything? Is he making a small fortune off affiliation/sponsor fees, and not putting any money back into the club?

**just doing my part to add to the rumour mill :p
***the above points are views only expressed by myself and do not reflect the rest of the TM3 members :sarc

Nextmod
05-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by SourcE

It all sounds a bit fishy to me. Did TM6 specifically ask you not to say anything? Is he making a small fortune off affiliation/sponsor fees, and not putting any money back into the club?

**just doing my part to add to the rumour mill :p
***the above points are views only expressed by myself and do not reflect the rest of the TM3 members :sarc

no he didnt mention anything at all. and trust me. he is not making a fortune :)

Lets just say. its like Lunch money that he charges for each month :hoho

thats why the lip/ each person didnt go up lol

SourcE
05-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Good to know, I take it all back.....

TM3
05-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

Well...our great TM3 Admin has deleted our thread in the GB section about \"The GB Going Down the Crapper\"...what next? Will he start censoring other posts and even go as far as ban opinionated users like myself?

This isn\'t even about the GV Lip GB anymore...at least M3F will give you an warning before they take you offline (trust me I know...hehe), but I\'ve also talked to the admin over there and he is much more well spoken and reasonable than our great TM3 Admin here.

All the drama yesterday really showed TM3 Admin\'s true colours...and the fact is he only cares about the sponsorship/money than the well being of our club.

Broli, I salute you for standing up and offering to take over this site. I am willing to donate to help out. I have never donated a cent to this site and as you all can see, for good reason.

As much as ppl trash M3F, at least they have \"up keep\" and eventho they run it like a business, at least there are forum upgrades and etc...so to show that the sponsorship money isn\'t just their admin\'s pockets.

Yes, the \"The GB Going Down the Crapper\" was deleted... that\'s because of RedRaptor and some others. Everyone has a right to their opinions, but as established since the beginning... Talking shit about someone is not to be tolerated whether its about the admin or anyone else. See for yourself what is posted here. http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1388

Why would you be suprised if I censored some posts? I wouldn\'t ban someone because they are opinionated. But I would ban you if you spoke out inappropriately towards anyone in the club. Posts have been deleted before and people warned for the reasons of members slandering one another or slandering an affiliate.

About the GV Lip GB, It was never my intention to shut down that GB. I will admit to my mistake right now that I took remature and unecessary action by banning supershyguy. When I banned his account, I was unaware of the GB. Someone had sent me a link to a thread he had started about selling tires and it was clearly selling an inventory of new products (not private sale). Without knowing about the involvement of this other Group Buy, I put a ban on his account. Then the next day, I learned of everything else going on, but Xenon had already restored his account which I would have done anyway. But at least I can be civilized, admit my mistake, apologize, and not just talk shit and whine about something I don\'t like.

Redraptor, Funny how you would think that sponsorship money is going into my pocket. You think it\'s free to run this website? I, the \"great admin\" started this on my own over 2 years ago before any one contributed anything and had the small amount of sponsorship money coming in to help pay for it. Your sarcasm is illogical, I have never asked for any credit or recognition for doing anything and have never deemed myself as a LEADER of the club. So, if this place sucks so much, why do you keep coming back?

Although I haven\'t helped made this club grow, I don\'t see how I am standing in the way of it, aside from perhaps improving the forum and website. Not like decisions have to all pass through me... it never was like that and as everyone knows, Xenon is the one more involved in the club activity aspect as he and I both mutually agreed to in the past.

With all this said, I don\'t deny that I haven\'t been around and not putting enough in to improve this forum/website. But, thats why there is another admin plus a hand full of moderators. Yes, I drive a 6 and not a 3... I started this site and remained on it because I was going to buy a 3. In no way am I making a profit at all. The sponsorship money just covers the costs and that didn\'t even start until over a year after putting in my own money in. Honestly I already had an intention to hand this thing down to someone else. Although I may be still buy a 3 for my fiancee, (work and planning my wedding doesn\'t allow me to maintain this website) but with so much of this crap, I don\'t feel like I should give it away now just because some of you are whing and complaining. Maybe if some people here were more civilized, then it could be a different story. If someone new does take control of this forum in the near future, it will be because of so many good members who have contributed constructivly by adding valuable content and a sense of community, not cause some unsatisified people that only talk shit said it should happen.

If you\'re all dying to know whether I am staying or going, I\'m sorry I don\'t have an answer right now. But I am still open to the idea of someone else taking over because it just seems like the right thing to do.

some things that were in the works behind the scenes...
- pm issue is fixed for everyone... including mods and affiliates (please check)... and it wasn\'t simple as changing a setting... it was some code bug
- upgrade openbb versions,
- conversion to phpbb (which was not successful),
- testing of an interactive photo gallery (using coppermine)
- regular emails to resolve login issues, etc

I also admit mistake that I should have asked for help at the very least to maintain everything going on and to update the web etc.... if anyone is still willing at this point to help with the following, I do need help...

- design web or update web (content)
- administer upcoming interactive gallery (I might put this on hold... if someone takes over, they can start it up, but I will upload some photos and show everyone what it looks like)
The photo gallery will allow members to create their own profile and albums for pics of their own cars. Also upload to public albums such as wallpapers, pics from meets, etc.

That\'s it for now.

Cardinal Fang
05-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the reply TM3. You’ve answered some of my questions with your post but at the same time you’ve confused me more than ever. Which according to my wife is not all that difficult.

Originally posted by TM3

Although I haven\'t helped made this club grow, I don\'t see how I am standing in the way of it, aside from perhaps improving the forum and website. Not like decisions have to all pass through me... it never was like that and as everyone knows, Xenon is the one more involved in the club activity aspect as he and I both mutually agreed to in the past.

So if decisions do not pass through you then how do we as a membership implement changes? One of the problems I’m having is understanding the structure of this site and the club. Who makes the decisions to implement changes once they are agreeing upon? Can we as the members summarily decide to make changes? I guess I’m looking for clarity.

Originally posted by TM3
But, thats why there is another admin plus a hand full of moderators.
Ok this implies that Xenon and the moderators have the authority to make changes to the site to “improve it” Do the moderators know this? Has this responsibility been explained to them or is the extent of the powers merely to moderate posts? I think their role needs to be defined very clearly.

Originally posted by TM3
If someone new does take control of this forum in the near future, it will be because of so many good members who have contributed constructivly by adding valuable content and a sense of community, not cause some unsatisified people that only talk shit said it should happen.

I appreciate your candor and understand how you would arrive at your decision. I don’t speak for the entire membership but I can understand how some have been frustrated by the entire scenario that’s play out within the last couple of days. The sentiment has spilled over into the posts unfortunately. We all want this club to succeed otherwise we wouldn’t be here. And yes that also means complaining at times. All dysfunctional families have this dynamic and “ours” is no different.

Originally posted by TM3
some things that were in the works behind the scenes...
- pm issue is fixed for everyone... including mods and affiliates (please check)... and it wasn\'t simple as changing a setting... it was some code bug
- upgrade openbb versions,
- conversion to phpbb (which was not successful),
- testing of an interactive photo gallery (using coppermine)
- regular emails to resolve login issues, etc

Thanks for the update.

I think you will find more than enough people here are willing to lend their support in this matter. You could establish an Admin’s Lounge where you could keep the members up to date on what is being worked on. It gives us a “clue” that things are being done as well as give us the opportunity to help out. Up to now I assumed that this place is what it is. It wasn’t going to get any better than this and that we had to live with what we had.

mEtH
05-12-2006, 02:34 PM
TM3 thats exactly it though man, if you just drop in ban this and close that then leave for another month, then what are we supposed to do. It would be great if we could post the meets somewhere within the webpage as well and make that a more interactive section instead of searching through forums. Well then maybe its time to add another admin that has access to more then locking a thread, checking IPs, etc. What other control do the moderators have...? There are so many threads that get locked up because they\'re complete duplication and are still just floating around here. Do moderators have the ability to delete threads and not just posts?

I thank you for finally coming out and saying something, I mean no one has a clue what is going on around here and that is exactly why everyone is getting frustrated. Did it really take all of our so called \"whining and bitching\" to finally get you to say something? Its like we have to yell rape just so someone might help!

If we want to make this club become a unified group, in comes the marketing, we need to create a unified image. For the forums, we could break these threads down a little more to make it more user friendly. I mean we have moderators for a reason and they do their job, but why does it always say \"This forum is moderated by: Nobody\" in every section of this place? I mean I can go on but I got some errands to run, but will try and gather a running list later today.

In regards to your contribution, in terms of paying for the site and getting it up and running, we all thank you. But I mean we have 5 affilate/sponsors and at the rate of $5 that you charge (which does make sure that true affiliates will be here to stay) comes out to $300 on the year. Now I understand you want to get the same money you put in to go back to your pocket, I mean I would too. Now tell me how much it costs to setup hosting and pay for the url. Is it only the one url as well? I mean I do webdesign and dont have a problem helping out but I also know what it costs to run a website and its not $300+ a year. So I would like to know where the funding stands? What kind of profit is coming from all the banners that run on the site as well? is it based on a certain click through rate?

I mean if you keep us informed and work together with us, meaning possibly setting up another level of Admin or something then I mean it might be able to work. But if we dont have any control over changing anything and have to wait 2months or whatever then really, this club wont go far. We will still have the regular gathering and such but affiliates wont come through and it will just be a pain. I mean no where can I even find out a proper listing of information for becoming an affiliate/sponsor. Just always says contact you or its a list of rules to follow when doing a GB.

Broli
05-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Thank you TM3 for replying here!

i am glad to hear that u have been working on changes behind the scenes!
but, to not come on and post up and inform us of ur endeavors makes it difficult for us
to believe you!

i am not trying to be confrontational, but do u understand what i am saying? If we didn\'t see
any action on ur part to update us of upcoming changes, and then all the sudden u say u have been working to resolve some issues, it is a fishy story!

i am not saying that i don\'t beleive you, i am right now trying to decide if i do or not!

how long has the PM issue been fixed?
why wouldn\'t u have posted to inform us about that!
even a once a week update of what was going on, would be great, as someone suggested and
Admins\' Lounge!

of course people are resentful when u r technically \'incharge\' and not around.

that aside, i am sure u have noticed reading this thread, that everyone is happy that u did start up this site, and everyone is greatful!

and u admiting that u would need help, is good, i wish i new something about this kind of stuff, cause i would definetly be interested to help out!

but i know there are some members that no about these things!

i think that we will need forum adminstration that club executive can get in touch with to make changes as we decide as a club!
that doesn\'t mean u would have to leave, but u could be the website owner whatever, but if u don\'t have time to do things, then u don\'t have time, and u should release power!
hell life gets in the way, we all know that, no reason u can\'t be a memeber of the club

well time will tell on some of these issue,
glad u posted!

perhaps the thread should have been titled!

do we want u here as admin if ur activity doesn\'t increase!

still

bandaid solutions, like small fixes (or big and really overdue ones)
do not answer for continous neglect!

TM3
05-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

So if decisions do not pass through you then how do we as a membership implement changes? One of the problems I’m having is understanding the structure of this site and the club. Who makes the decisions to implement changes once they are agreeing upon? Can we as the members summarily decide to make changes? I guess I’m looking for clarity.

Do you mean changes as in direction of the club? How often to meet, what events to participate in, etc? or decisions about forum maintenance?... what new forums to put up what is unecessary, what posts to delete??

If everyone wants this club to be runned more formally rather then casual, then some structure will have to be worked out. I don\'t know. Perhaps hold an election to fill certain positions?

I appreciate your candor and understand how you would arrive at your decision. I don’t speak for the entire membership but I can understand how some have been frustrated by the entire scenario that’s play out within the last couple of days. The sentiment has spilled over into the posts unfortunately. We all want this club to succeed otherwise we wouldn’t be here. And yes that also means complaining at times. All dysfunctional families have this dynamic and “ours” is no different.

I don\'t blame anyone for being frustrated, and I know that whatever happened a couple a days ago just pushed things over the edge, I\'m glad people speak out, but just saying that people still need to show respect on this forum to each other. If some people always want to just curse and bash other members, then perhaps they should start their own forum.

I think you will find more than enough people here are willing to lend their support in this matter. You could establish an Admin’s Lounge where you could keep the members up to date on what is being worked on. It gives us a “clue” that things are being done as well as give us the opportunity to help out. Up to now I assumed that this place is what it is. It wasn’t going to get any better than this and that we had to live with what we had.

It\'s totally my fault for not communicating to the forum. yes I know the fact that I only have 100 posts is like a joke.

OTUA YM
05-12-2006, 03:28 PM
TM3, Thanks for finally speaking up and sheading some light on some issues.

I intentionally tried to keep this thread alive and ruffle a few feathers to get you to speak up.
Looks like it worked. :p

Hopefully something good comes out of all of this.

TM3
05-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

TM3 thats exactly it though man, if you just drop in ban this and close that then leave for another month, then what are we supposed to do. It would be great if we could post the meets somewhere within the webpage as well and make that a more interactive section instead of searching through forums. Well then maybe its time to add another admin that has access to more then locking a thread, checking IPs, etc. What other control do the moderators have...? There are so many threads that get locked up because they\'re complete duplication and are still just floating around here. Do moderators have the ability to delete threads and not just posts?

I thank you for finally coming out and saying something, I mean no one has a clue what is going on around here and that is exactly why everyone is getting frustrated. Did it really take all of our so called \"whining and bitching\" to finally get you to say something? Its like we have to yell rape just so someone might help!

If we want to make this club become a unified group, in comes the marketing, we need to create a unified image. For the forums, we could break these threads down a little more to make it more user friendly. I mean we have moderators for a reason and they do their job, but why does it always say \"This forum is moderated by: Nobody\" in every section of this place? I mean I can go on but I got some errands to run, but will try and gather a running list later today.

In regards to your contribution, in terms of paying for the site and getting it up and running, we all thank you. But I mean we have 5 affilate/sponsors and at the rate of $5 that you charge (which does make sure that true affiliates will be here to stay) comes out to $300 on the year. Now I understand you want to get the same money you put in to go back to your pocket, I mean I would too. Now tell me how much it costs to setup hosting and pay for the url. Is it only the one url as well? I mean I do webdesign and dont have a problem helping out but I also know what it costs to run a website and its not $300+ a year. So I would like to know where the funding stands? What kind of profit is coming from all the banners that run on the site as well? is it based on a certain click through rate?

I mean if you keep us informed and work together with us, meaning possibly setting up another level of Admin or something then I mean it might be able to work. But if we dont have any control over changing anything and have to wait 2months or whatever then really, this club wont go far. We will still have the regular gathering and such but affiliates wont come through and it will just be a pain. I mean no where can I even find out a proper listing of information for becoming an affiliate/sponsor. Just always says contact you or its a list of rules to follow when doing a GB.

I agree. Perhaps someone is willing to help with this... take on a position to update web content (list of events, meets, etc).. even redesign the website if wanted.... I can grant ftp access to someone who has been shown as trustworthy and capable for this task.

Xenon has the exact same admin right as me, in terms of deleting, creating new forums, etc, but as i understand it, both him and I do get really busy at times... That\'s where the mods come in ... on a bit of a lower level, but they are all global moderators and not assigned to a specific forum. If both admins were not around to resolve something, the mods should then bring it to our attention by contacting us otherwise.

affiliates are on and off and not necessarily commited to a whole year. It\'s not like I\'ve been book keeping for this website, but even at average of 20 bucks a month, we all know that i\'m not really profitting. The google banner is click thorough rate. No one clicks them. haha.. but payout is very small .. usually like 5 - 10 cents per click. The other one requires purchases through the link.

I am very open to the idea of people wanting to step out and help in maintaining and upgrading. There is no proper listing of info for becoming an affiliate... yes there isn\'t... they usually email me and i have prewritten guidelines that is sent to all people requesting the info for sponsorship. I don\'t want laying around for anyone to see. I don\'t know what other forums or clubs charge for sponsors, etc.. but I know that lots of people make a living out of selling ads on their websites... it\'s not the case here and not the purpose, and I don\'t post the info cause i think that our current fee is low compare to any other.

RedRaptor
05-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by TM3

Originally posted by RedRaptor

Yes, the \"The GB Going Down the Crapper\" was deleted... that\'s because of RedRaptor and some others. Everyone has a right to their opinions, but as established since the beginning... Talking shit about someone is not to be tolerated whether its about the admin or anyone else. See for yourself what is posted here. http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1388

Why would you be suprised if I censored some posts? I wouldn\'t ban someone because they are opinionated. But I would ban you if you spoke out inappropriately towards anyone in the club. Posts have been deleted before and people warned for the reasons of members slandering one another or slandering an affiliate.

About the GV Lip GB, It was never my intention to shut down that GB. I will admit to my mistake right now that I took remature and unecessary action by banning supershyguy. When I banned his account, I was unaware of the GB. Someone had sent me a link to a thread he had started about selling tires and it was clearly selling an inventory of new products (not private sale). Without knowing about the involvement of this other Group Buy, I put a ban on his account. Then the next day, I learned of everything else going on, but Xenon had already restored his account which I would have done anyway. But at least I can be civilized, admit my mistake, apologize, and not just talk shit and whine about something I don\'t like.

Redraptor, Funny how you would think that sponsorship money is going into my pocket. You think it\'s free to run this website? I, the \"great admin\" started this on my own over 2 years ago before any one contributed anything and had the small amount of sponsorship money coming in to help pay for it. Your sarcasm is illogical, I have never asked for any credit or recognition for doing anything and have never deemed myself as a LEADER of the club. So, if this place sucks so much, why do you keep coming back?

I don\'t wish to argue over this, but for starters you seem to have taken things very personally instead of being as neutral as possible as an Admin. I love how you targetted and singled me out as the culprit. You can turn all the attention to my \"bitching & whining\" all you want and away from you and the topic at hand. But what I said in my post is the truth, and the truth hurts.

I didn\'t slander, swear or make any personal references to you. It was clearly in the context of you as the TM3 Admin and I am venting the same fustrations that a lot of members are feeling here. If you wish to ban me for that, then there isn\'t anything I can do about it.

You come on here and post once in a blue moon, and we all expected to respect and give you credit?

TM3
05-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Broli

but, to not come on and post up and inform us of ur endeavors makes it difficult for us
to believe you!

i am not trying to be confrontational, but do u understand what i am saying? If we didn\'t see
any action on ur part to update us of upcoming changes, and then all the sudden u say u have been working to resolve some issues, it is a fishy story!

i am not saying that i don\'t beleive you, i am right now trying to decide if i do or not!

even a once a week update of what was going on, would be great, as someone suggested and
Admins\' Lounge!

of course people are resentful when u r technically \'incharge\' and not around.

that aside, i am sure u have noticed reading this thread, that everyone is happy that u did start up this site, and everyone is greatful!

and u admiting that u would need help, is good, i wish i new something about this kind of stuff, cause i would definetly be interested to help out!

i think that we will need forum adminstration that club executive can get in touch with to make changes as we decide as a club!
that doesn\'t mean u would have to leave, but u could be the website owner whatever, but if u don\'t have time to do things, then u don\'t have time, and u should release power!
hell life gets in the way, we all know that, no reason u can\'t be a memeber of the club

glad u posted!

still

yes, i know.. it\'s my fault that i don\'t communicate. Obviously I\'m not constantly doing stuff on a regular basis.. especialy as of the past half year or so.

The PM was fixed a long time ago. It was a problem for everyone about sending 1 max per day.

Yes.. help is needed, but like I said.. due to my time constraints, it will be difficult for me until at least after my wedding. I am still doing much thinking about it. But either way I know that help is needed on many different levels. I will make sure that it is not just a band-aid solution. I want as much help so that the club and forum is not affected whether I am absent temporarily or if I leave all my duties permenantly.

To EVERYONE reading this topic,
I am formally apologizing for not being around and being so slow moving in looking for help. I really hope that this club really becomes the greatest car club in Toronto. I am quite sure that it is one of the largest now.. maybe next to civics...

Broli
05-12-2006, 03:54 PM
well we need to find out a list of potential members
who:

have time (a bit)
have the knowledge and capability to do the programming reqd

maybe interested people could start up a list of potentials!
and we could pick one or two!
(maybe the first order of buisness for a new club exec????)

we will start some sort of membership fee for the club
probably a minimum of a 10 dollar donation per year!
to get a membership card and get discounts!
from this we can cover the costs of running the website
buying better software/programs

as a club
we will have to set up affiliate/sponsor conditions!
everthing will need to be reworked!

Cardinal Fang
05-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by TM3
yes I know the fact that I only have 100 posts is like a joke.

No that just means you have a life outside of the boards. You should be proud.

:)

*Looks down to see his own post count well over 1000*

:(

TM3
05-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I don\'t wish to argue over this, but for starters you seem to have taken things very personally instead of being as neutral as possible as an Admin. I love how you targetted and singled me out as the culprit. You can turn all the attention to my \"bitching & whining\" all you want and away from you and the topic at hand. But what I said in my post is the truth, and the truth hurts.

I didn\'t slander, swear or make any personal references to you. It was clearly in the context of you as the TM3 Admin and I am venting the same fustrations that a lot of members are feeling here. If you wish to ban me for that, then there isn\'t anything I can do about it.

You come on here and post once in a blue moon, and we all expected to respect and give you credit?

I don\'t wish to argue either. I singled you about just regarding that GB post... because you did make some unecessary remarks which really were not true.

I do not have any intentions of banning you

Nor do I expect any respect or credit. I never had.

Cardinal Fang
05-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by TM3
or decisions about forum maintenance?...

Yes.

Originally posted by TM3
what new forums to put up what is unecessary, .....

Yes!

Originally posted by TM3
what posts to delete??

I think the mods can take care of that. That\'s their normal course of action on discussion boards anyways.

We all agree that their needs to be changes but NONE of us know the mechanism to go about doing any of it.

RedRaptor
05-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by TM3

I don\'t wish to argue either. I singled you about just regarding that GB post... because you did make some unecessary remarks which really were not true.

I do not have any intentions of banning you

Nor do I expect any respect or credit. I never had.

Despite what you might think I\'m not here to cause trouble. I am interested in making this forum/club better and now I see that you want the same thing, so I\'m happy we see eye to eye on that.

Cheers.

Cardinal Fang
05-12-2006, 04:18 PM
A feel a group hug coming on.

mEtH
05-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Okay TM3,

I would like to know what the total cost is to fund the website. You dont have to post it here, you can pm me or something or work something out with Xenon. I don\'t even have to know really...

I would just like to see and to make sure that nothing comes out of your pocket but yet if there is any possible way to start funding some club material and get something going here. There have been so many crappy attempts at getting some promo gear that have failed because well it always cost something up front and who is willing to take that hit. I am not saying everything that comes to you above and beyond the original website costs but some percentage of it so that events can get planned and promo gear can get started.

This also brings in Warren, I understand you are partially the treasurer because you have the almighty box. Is there anyway you can find out what TorontoMazda3 has accumulated so far? (you wont want to post it here ;))

Maybe we can work on getting the team logo thing together again and use some of that money to front the initial cost of the decals...

*EDIT*
I know people have decals already and might get a little pissed if we just suddenly change the logo. But maybe we can reduce the cost for those who already have decals.

Possibly we can setup an event (bbq, cruise) around Rob\'s schedule so that we can actually meet him, that way we know who we are slandering later on :p j/k I mean if you started it, people should know who you are...its up to you though. Maybe you want to be the phantom TM3 :D

P.S. in terms of web design and web work http://www.lucero.ca I can try and help out.

TM3
05-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

Okay TM3,

I would like to know what the total cost is to fund the website. You dont have to post it here, you can pm me or something or work something out with Xenon. I don\'t even have to know really...

I would just like to see and to make sure that nothing comes out of your pocket but yet if there is any possible way to start funding some club material and get something going here. There have been so many crappy attempts at getting some promo gear that have failed because well it always cost something up front and who is willing to take that hit. I am not saying everything that comes to you above and beyond the original website costs but some percentage of it so that events can get planned and promo gear can get started.

This also brings in Warren, I understand you are partially the treasurer because you have the almighty box. Is there anyway you can find out what TorontoMazda3 has accumulated so far? (you wont want to post it here ;))

Maybe we can work on getting the team logo thing together again and use some of that money to front the initial cost of the decals...

*EDIT*
I know people have decals already and might get a little pissed if we just suddenly change the logo. But maybe we can reduce the cost for those who already have decals.

Possibly we can setup an event (bbq, cruise) around Rob\'s schedule so that we can actually meet him, that way we know who we are slandering later on :p j/k I mean if you started it, people should know who you are...its up to you though. Maybe you want to be the phantom TM3 :D

P.S. in terms of web design and web work http://www.lucero.ca I can try and help out.

Sure, if every little bit helps, thats fine.

It might be really difficult as all my weekends are usually booked up. But no purpose is needed for a bbq right? food is always good. Hopefully I can make it out to some event. If not, then after the wedding for sure. We\'ll see how things go.

We\'ll speak more about the web design stuff... I think you can definitely help in that area.

Broli
05-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by TM3

Originally posted by Broli

to believe you!

Admins\' Lounge!

glad u posted!

still

yes, i know.. it\'s my fault that i don\'t communicate. Obviously I\'m not constantly doing stuff on a regular basis.. especialy as of the past half year or so.

The PM was fixed a long time ago. It was a problem for everyone about sending 1 max per day.

Yes.. help is needed, but like I said.. due to my time constraints, it will be difficult for me until at least after my wedding. I am still doing much thinking about it. But either way I know that help is needed on many different levels. I will make sure that it is not just a band-aid solution. I want as much help so that the club and forum is not affected whether I am absent temporarily or if I leave all my duties permenantly.

To EVERYONE reading this topic,
I am formally apologizing for not being around and being so slow moving in looking for help. I really hope that this club really becomes the greatest car club in Toronto. I am quite sure that it is one of the largest now.. maybe next to civics...

thx for the appology!

Congrats on ur wedding btw!
i am happy for you!!!

well, i think that it is more that just you being busy!

the club needs some other changes!
as well,
it just all errupted a few days back!

i think that the next few weeks will be important!

it would be great to meet with u, that was a good idea methodyst!!
see thats why i keep saying . . .

Kevin@nextmod
05-13-2006, 02:11 AM
[off topic]

We should get a stack of 3s and cruise on your wedding day. It\'ll look prety cool. :)

Anyways, you comingout will be great. Since i think 90%+ of the people here have not seen you before. Come out to a meet or 2 for 10 mins? That will be just perfect.

Fuman
05-13-2006, 12:38 PM
if u need a web developer (more of a backend coding aspect)
I can be of help there. I\'ll be glad to help out if you need/want me to.
but please keep in mind that I\'ve school from may to august.

TM3 - if you don\'t mind me asking what went wrong with the phpbb migration?

CoolColombian
05-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by TM3

I really hope that this club really becomes the greatest car club in Toronto.

+ 1 for this.

This actitud is what really leads to a great succes, its very good to heard that and your intention to become an active part of this forum/club.

Just my 0.2

SABIO
05-13-2006, 10:34 PM
translation..........

With a positive attitude like that we will have great success. I\'m glad to hear that and I am excited about your intention to become an active part of this forum/club.

CoolColombian
05-14-2006, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

translation..........

With a positive attitude like that we will have great success. I\'m glad to hear that and I am excited about your intention to become an active part of this forum/club.

Thanks SABIO, i have to agree with you that my writing in english is not very good yet but at list you understand what i\'m saying and that is enough reason to keep expressing my ideas :)

Edit: Actitud in spanish means attitude in english, lol, i think i didn\'t think twice before i wrote it.

TM3
05-14-2006, 10:43 PM

[off topic]

We should get a stack of 3s and cruise on your wedding day. It\'ll look prety cool. :)

Anyways, you comingout will be great. Since i think 90%+ of the people here have not seen you before. Come out to a meet or 2 for 10 mins? That will be just perfect.

That would be pretty cool... haha.. 3\'s escorting a limo out. hehehe

sounds good, i will try my best to come out soon... but i\'ll feel so left out without a 3 :(

TM3
05-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Fuman

if u need a web developer (more of a backend coding aspect)
I can be of help there. I\'ll be glad to help out if you need/want me to.
but please keep in mind that I\'ve school from may to august.

TM3 - if you don\'t mind me asking what went wrong with the phpbb migration?

sounds good. you can help with the backend stuff... forum technical issues.. even the possibility of converting to a new forum (openbb is kind of out of date). If there are no automated scripts out there, might be quite involved in doing database translations, etc....

ok, so may to august we will concentrate on the other issues at hand... the forum still functions, so that can wait until you have more free time. in the mean time, we will focus on club structure, website front end (design... with help of methodyst... and so forth

the phpbb migration, i pm\'d you bout that..

justin
08-06-2006, 07:23 PM
I know this is an old thread but... I was a web designer for many years and I\'d be glad to help out in anyway I can.

As I see it, there are ALOT of problems with our current site, and these problems need to be fixed in order for our numbers to grow. There are many things that we can do AS A GROUP to help make this a better club.

TM3
08-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by justin

I know this is an old thread but... I was a web designer for many years and I\'d be glad to help out in anyway I can.

As I see it, there are ALOT of problems with our current site, and these problems need to be fixed in order for our numbers to grow. There are many things that we can do AS A GROUP to help make this a better club.

Hey Justin,

thanks for offering. Right now, methodyst is working on a new web design. After he shows us his first design, we can see how to go from there. It\'s great that so many people are offering to help, so we can all work together on it and pick up slack if necessary. Let\'s just wait a short while and see what methodyst has planned first as his work is already in progress.

mEtH
08-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by TM3

Originally posted by justin

Hey Justin,

thanks for offering. Right now, methodyst is working on a new web design. After he shows us his first design, we can see how to go from there. It\'s great that so many people are offering to help, so we can all work together on it and pick up slack if necessary. Let\'s just wait a short while and see what methodyst has planned first as his work is already in progress.

If you really want to get it going thats kewl, all I have done is thumbnailed out some ideas. I just recently came into some side work and can use the money, so those are my priority for now. Once I get those done I am going to jump back on to this one. So if you want to get things going or work on some flats or something, thats kewl.

TM3
08-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I\'m game for whatever.

I think we should have something soon so we can also keep consistent with the new logo release...
even if we have a pre-release of the web design, and then you guys can work on something that will be more permenant? i don\'t know.. just a suggestion.