PDA

View Full Version : My little rant.

Xenon
05-15-2006, 02:33 AM
Alright. It\'s obvious that there is tension between myself and certain people on the forum. There\'s obviously something I have done or am doing wrong to create this tension. So I\'m going to be straight up honest.

If you got something to say to me. Say it. I don\'t care what it is.

I can\'t solve the problem if I don\'t know what it is, and please, be specific. I have tried to accomodate people, but everyone wants something different.

People are complaining that we don\'t have any TM3 Merchandise. So I tried to get sponsored t-shirts and golf polos rolling. And people are saying we never agreed on a logo, when in actuality, only one logo design was ever emailed to me. So both of my shirt ideas were shot down. What am I supposed to do? I\'m not complaining, I\'m not accusing, I\'m not directing this to anyone or trying to offend anyone. I\'m asking for help.

Every idea that I put out, gets shot down without any constructive criticism. So nothing gets accomplished. Now there are posts that are saying that I\'m doing nothing.

I\'m being 100% serious. If you have a problem with me, or what I\'m trying to do PLEASE TELL ME. If you have input or suggestions, PLEASE TELL ME. I can\'t solve problems I don\'t know about.

I don\'t like tension between myself any ANYONE, whether it be here on the forums, in real life or anywhere I may be in the future. So, if you have a beef with me, then I\'m asking you to tell me what it is, so that the problem can be solved and we can move on.

I try to be a nice guy, and I hope to at least some of you, you feel that way. I don\'t like having opponents, enemies or foes. No one does. I\'m simply asking for constructive input on what I can do to make things better, because right now I\'m lost and I don\'t know what I can do to fix it.

OTUA YM
05-15-2006, 03:04 AM
If you are referring to my post in the \"TM3 merch and premiums\" topic.
It wasn\'t directed at you.
... I thought we had already decided the logo issue.

Xenon
05-15-2006, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by OTUA YM

... I thought we had already decided the logo issue.

I too thought we had decided on the logo issue.

Originally posted by OTUA YM

If you are referring to my post in the \"TM3 merch and premiums\" topic.
It wasn\'t directed at you.

There are multiple posts to which I am referring to. The merch and premiums is just one of them.

Cardinal Fang
05-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

I don\'t like tension between myself any ANYONE, whether it be here on the forums, in real life or anywhere I may be in the future. So, if you have a beef with me, then I\'m asking you to tell me what it is, so that the problem can be solved and we can move on.

Welcome to the world of online discussion boards. Don\'t think for a minute that you can navigate this world without any tension. It happens. It\'s the nature of this medium. You can\'t see the person face to face so the only thing you have to go on is their written word. If you perceive they are disagreeing with you then you amplify it by injecting your own sense of outrage into their words and presto! What seemed like a point of order has turned into the start of a flame war.

I learned early on to have a \"thick skin\" when it comes to this and other places like this. Some people will like you and some won\'t. Just be yourself and be consistent. You’ll never be able to please everyone all the time so stop trying to. I think many of us appreciate what you\'ve done and what you continue to do Xenon.

SIM SIMMA
05-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Why don\'t you shove it Fang? No one cares :hoho

I must agree that you really can\'t get along with everyone in this world. To try to have everyone like you especially on a board is going to be tough. The funny thing to me is watching people argue on the net... so many internet tough guys.

I normally could give two sh1ts if someone liked me or not, but in the case of Xenon perhaps he cares a little more because 1) he is a primary member of this board and 2) People from the board meet in person at times so he does not like the tension?

I dunno.

Xenon continue as you are... you are doing fine.

Cardinal Fang
05-15-2006, 10:10 AM
I just like to point out that although I\'m sensing some tension starting to build between Jobes and myself I still respect him and I won\'t allow his negative “ions” to invade my spiritual “chakra.”

*Was forced to read an Anthony Robbins book on the weekend*

SIM SIMMA
05-15-2006, 10:24 AM
:D

Anthony Robbins? for serious? I\'ve lost all respect for you. LOL.

back on topic... tension between people/conflict is human nature Xenon... don\'t stress. Go meditate with Fang.

mEtH
05-15-2006, 10:27 AM
If you are in reference to me, which it seems you are...

I am making sure that logo doesn\'t get jumped a head man so chill. In the logo discussion thread there was interest shown within that logo but at no one point did everyone come to a final decision, atleast not in that thread that I can see.

The logo looks great and I mentioned it should have the website because just seeing a decal saying TM3 on a car wont tell you where to go. No the website does not have to be on everything in the same way but for decals it really should be there.

Talking on here is like talking on msn, maybe I should use more smileys? :p

Thank you for starting the poll and now give it until friday. Done deal!

SIM SIMMA
05-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya

Someone’s singing lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbayah

Someone’s laughing, lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya

Someone’s crying, lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya

Someone’s praying, lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya

Someone’s sleeping, lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya

I feel better now. Everyone else?
:hoho

bluntman
05-15-2006, 10:36 AM
I\'ll start the fire but someone else has to bring the marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers.

Xenon
05-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Jobes

Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya

Oh lord, kumbayah

Oh lord, kumbaya

Oh lord, kumbaya

Oh lord, kumbaya

Oh lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya

I feel better now. Everyone else?
:hoho

Someone is really, really, really, really, really bored.... :sarc

SIM SIMMA
05-15-2006, 10:49 AM
I don;t know what you are talking about.

Let\'s just say right now I am getting paid to be on TM3.

Xenon
05-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Jobes

I don;t know what you are talking about.

Let\'s just say right now I am getting paid to be on TM3.

haha Touche

Jeff-TheBiz
05-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

*Was forced to read an Anthony Robbins book on the weekend*

Something tell me it was actually \'Books on Audio\'

Originally posted by Bluntman

I\'ll start the fire but someone else has to bring the marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers.

Sounds good.

SourcE
05-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by SourcE

Precisely the reason we get off our asses and actually make those changes. If we have already decided on a new logo, let’s get it up. It isn’t that much work from a web design POV.

I wasn\'t directing the above comment (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=6159) at you either Xenon. I was simply stating that although we all have these great ideas, the majority of the time they never come to fruition.

It seems to me that there is only ever a small core of people that respond to such threads as the Logo Vote (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=6159). This is by no means your fault, it’s just a fact.

I agree with Meth that we should end the voting on Friday, take whatever results we have and act on them. The people that don’t vote obviously don’t have an opinion and can’t voice their complaints if they didn’t take the time to contribute.

Peace out my dogs…
:)

Broli
05-15-2006, 11:17 AM
u might be refering to me as well???

and again, i will re-iterate that talking thru the board, it is difficult to not seem harsh
it is all about the perception of the reader!

to set things clear!!!

I don\'t feel any tension between us, so, u shouldn\'t either

wtom
05-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Broli just raps
his way through the forum...

I think bluntman
originally mentioned this.

Know what I\'m sayin?

Broli
05-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Broli just raps
his way through the forum...

I think bluntman
originally mentioned this.

Know what I\'m sayin?

acutally i have no idea?

:p

but really, i dont????

wtom
05-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Two miles off topic but, Broli when you type you love pressing the enter key :)

Broli
05-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Two miles off topic but, Broli when you type you love pressing the enter key :)

haha

yeah

it is a habit, i can\'t seem to break it!

but, i try to break sentences in a place that makes sense!!

:D