PDA

View Full Version : Webpage section of TM3

mEtH
05-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Alright, I plan to work on some flats of the website, but would like to know what kind of changes people would like to see happen. So post of some things but do not take this thread off topic. Do not talk about the forum section as that is another section of it all. Also, personal photo albums will be a later down the road thing...so dont bring that up either.

Would you like to see another section?
Would you like to enhance a section?
Anyone got some ideas for a colour scheme? I may not decide to use it but it could be useful to see what colours people are leaning towards.

mEtH
05-16-2006, 10:24 PM
OH and I dont plan on doing any flash work...;) and can someone send me a vector version of the logo once its decided.

SABIO
05-17-2006, 05:12 AM
wow...

I am just surprised Broli didn\'t start this thread too :hoho

wtom
05-17-2006, 10:06 AM
I liked the way TOProtege had it before;

Main page shows their club name, the logo (obviously), and a calendar of upcoming events. That\'s it.

Clicking anywhere other than the calendar (or providing a direct link to \"Discussion Forums\") will bring the individual to our forums section.

Keep it simple. Too much info, the person will not want to read and just go somewhere else. Keeping maintenance low, only updating the Calendar days (link directly to the forum thread).

Simple. ;)

majic
05-17-2006, 10:08 AM
i like the calendar of events idea.. quick glimpse what\'s up coming this month..

wtom
05-17-2006, 10:10 AM
+1 ... whoops, can i do that? :D

Continuing with my reply, we can have a brief \"about Toronto Mazda3\" and the obvious \"contact webmaster\" links also.

mEtH
05-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Well I think we need to have the affiliates and sponsors on there with links either to a thread of theirs or to their own websites, I mean if they\'re paying something they should get something out of it. Unless we only do that for sponsors and not affiliates or something...

Maybe also a promo link to make people aware of the promo gear.

The about us...maybe change to a contact us. How to contact the webmaster, listing moderators. Showing how we do things really.

and the calendar idea should be on the homepage or have a link for it. But I think it should reside on the homepage to keep reminding people of whats coming up.

Alas, a link to our forums!

majic
05-17-2006, 10:56 AM
as well as seasonal/monthly/weekly specials from the \'affiliates\'.. maybe try to keep that \"current GB\" thread updated so people know what is happening (what can be bought cheaper.. etc)

Broli
05-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

wow...

I am just surprised Broli didn\'t start this thread too :hoho

har har har!

ass!

now,

maybe a featured ride every month,
maybe this is not simple and could be a future addition?

-----------------

or a few pics group shots of the rides would look good on the site!
like TOP, or Focus canada, hit click the picture and it take u to the forum?

majic
05-17-2006, 01:48 PM
that\'s whay you make a list of MUST HAVES and then nice to have.. and then wish list.. so brainstorm ideas and then prioritize them (see which ones are doable and which ones will take some time).. but it seems like most people are content with the way it is since you\'re getting input from the same 5-6 people in each thread... just my 2.2c USD

SourcE
05-17-2006, 02:06 PM
nth: wallpaper

wtom
05-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

Well I think we need to have the affiliates and sponsors on there with links either to a thread of theirs or to their own websites, I mean if they\'re paying something they should get something out of it. Unless we only do that for sponsors and not affiliates or something...

+1 on Sponsor/Affiliate/Vendor links ... give them a bit more for that fee they\'re paying. ;)

cyberscorpi0
05-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Photo Gallery Section.

That actually show pictures via thumbnails.