PDA

View Full Version : Noisy pad question?

tommy36
05-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Was just wondering if anyone had any noise problems after changing their pads? One of my passenger side wheels is making a squealing noise when you touch the brake with medium pressure it squeals, but with light or heavy pressure it does not. I just installed ebc greenstuff pads all the way around, as well as aftermarket rotors. Has anyone else noticed this problem with their pads?

Skarbro
05-30-2006, 06:25 PM
That is absolutely normal with any car. Give it month or two to work itself out.

majic
05-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by tommy36

Was just wondering if anyone had any noise problems after changing their pads? One of my passenger side wheels is making a squealing noise when you touch the brake with medium pressure it squeals, but with light or heavy pressure it does not. I just installed ebc greenstuff pads all the way around, as well as aftermarket rotors. Has anyone else noticed this problem with their pads?

did you bed them in properly?

tommy36
05-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Yes, Magic i did bed them in properly. I drove nice and light for over 200 hundred miles like the directions said. I thought that maybe they needed to just break themselves in, but that noise just bothers me.....

3 Stylez
05-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Got the same problem after installing hawk pads in the rear. I bought anti-squeal from crappy tire, but I havent tried it yet.