PDA

View Full Version : Those who own a K&N Drop in filter..

azn_outlaw
06-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Juss wondering what are your personal reviews on it..

it was on topic and kept on finding old replies too it

so seeing how its been a while that this has come up, I thought why not ask

how does everyone like theres? any problems or personal reviews to share about it? Owners do you recommend in getting one or juss stick to a stock air filter element?

yeah they are on sale at Performance improvements and thinking of getting one.

thanks for readin/replyin

FLIPDADY
06-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Put mine in like six months ago. Didn\'t really notice any mileage improvement or anything along the lines of more performance. Which reminds me I have to clean mine.:D

For the price you can\'t go wrong. A new OEM filter costs $29 so you\'re saving money in the long run.

NewM3
06-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I\'ve had mine in now for about 9 months - other than a \"SLIGHTLY\" throatier sound when you step on it @ 4K rpm in 2nd gear I didnt notice a difference. But like FLIPSPEED said for 30 bux still worth while investment.

bigmikey
06-02-2006, 01:38 PM
this is a good question because i had a K&N CAI in my protege 5, which obviously wouldn\'t fit in the new 3, so i was playing with the idea of keeping the filter and using it for the new car.
is this worth it? or should i try and sell the entire kit together?

FLIPDADY
06-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by bigmikey

this is a good question because i had a K&N CAI in my protege 5, which obviously wouldn\'t fit in the new 3, so i was playing with the idea of keeping the filter and using it for the new car.
is this worth it? or should i try and sell the entire kit together?
Try selling the entire kit together. You\'ll probably get more buyers that way.