PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Install Questions

Iceblaza
07-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Hey all,

I recently got my sub installed in my car. Its a kenwood 10\" kicker. The amp used was a RF 200M. It also took a LOC (Line out converter) in the mix. Anyways while I was chatting with the installers I mentioned that I would like to pick up a 4 channel amp in the future to run 2 new sets of speakers. They advised me it would be a very bad idea since i would get too much feedback because more LOC\'s would be required. They also said that our head unit is not powerful enough to run 2 amps. Now im not a audio buff, so i can only take what information is given to me. As far as i know people on the forum have this setup and its working fine for them. Can anyone chime in and englighten me?

Thanks a bunch,

Paul.

bluntman
07-10-2006, 08:56 PM
I have 2 amp, a 4 channel for the main speakers and a single channel amp for the sub, I haven\'t had any problems. I have a 4 channel LOC connected to the rear of the factory HU which feeds the 4 channel amp. The sub\'s amp is connected to the 4 channel amp using the pre-outs on the 4 channel amp.

I your case, it seems as though you picked up a 2 channel LOC. Either swap that out for a 4 channel LOC or buy another 2 channel LOC once you get that 4 channel amp. The installers are just doing their job, trying to sell you more equipment, in this an aftermarket HU.

Iceblaza
07-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Well the install people are kinda buddys of mine, i worked with them (not on audio) but other things. They seemed really reluctant to do work on my car cause they said it was difficult (they actually do stereo installs for a living). Anyways I know they might be trying to sell still... Hmm so you have a single LOC and the mono amp is hooked up to your 4 channel... Sounds good. I wanna keep my head unit... so maybe i just wont go back to them for the 4 channel.

Any others who have experience chime in, but i guess what my installers have to say is somewhat fictional.

TheProfessor
07-10-2006, 10:31 PM
I hate it say it but your friends should not be trusted with your stereo. Many, many members of Mazda3\'s are running two amps with absolutely no problems. Also, the Mazda3 is a relatively easy car to install a stereo in, so if they were worried about it then perhaps you should seek the help of experts.

Bluntman pretty much told you what the current situation is.