PDA

View Full Version : Id rather sweat

Ron
08-02-2006, 01:21 AM
I realize that it\\\'s typical for when the air condition unit is running it slows down the engine speed a little bit but holy crap! Have two or three people or with just me and have the blower going and forget about the \\\"zoom zoom\\\" experience :zzz.
Everyone else realizes a SUBSTANTIAL decrease in speed when the A/C is on right? :(

Zaku_4
08-02-2006, 01:28 AM
lol

yeah when the ac is on, it feels alot more sluggish.

however also having like 2-3 people with u (especially if 2-3 people are guys 140-60ish pounds, it will be slower nonetheless)

Chuckie
08-02-2006, 03:02 AM
did you time this?
Or did you percieve it as being around 10 seconds?

I don\'t see how it would take 10 seconds if you floor it. Longer yes, this long? no.

FLIPDADY
08-02-2006, 09:41 AM
It\'s normal.

Ron
08-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Chuckie

did you time this?
Or did you percieve it as being around 10 seconds?

I don\'t see how it would take 10 seconds if you floor it. Longer yes, this long? no.

Ok, I\'m sorry, maybe I exagerated a little bit. It just seems like an eternity to get the thing off the line when moving from a stand still.

FLIPDADY
08-02-2006, 10:46 AM
When the kids are in the car A/C is on when it\'s just the wife and I windows down and sunroof open.

What I always do is hit the A/C button when accelarating from a stop and entering a freeway then when I\'m up to speed turn it back on.

Recirculating the air also helps cool the interior faster.

Broli
08-02-2006, 11:15 AM
yeah i notice it too!

crazy difference!

so generally no AC
unless i have people in the car bitchin about how hot it is!

then, they get AC

Jeff-TheBiz
08-02-2006, 01:35 PM
I never noticed it..

Just delighted to have A/C and I am 2-3 people ;)

Ron, is your 3 a 2.0L or a 2.3L?

bubba1983
08-02-2006, 03:58 PM
whats AC?

haha

Ron
08-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by TheBiz

I never noticed it..

Just delighted to have A/C and I am 2-3 people ;)

Ron, is your 3 a 2.0L or a 2.3L?

Hackback GT ... 2.3L

3GFX
08-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

What I always do is hit the A/C button when accelarating from a stop and entering a freeway then when I\'m up to speed turn it back on.

Same thing here...

TheProfessor
08-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by 3GFX

Same thing here...

Do you have an auto? I never have to turn my A/C off to build enough speed to merge safely with traffic.

3GFX
08-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by TheProfessor

Originally posted by 3GFX

Same thing here...

Do you have an auto? I never have to turn my A/C off to build enough speed to merge safely with traffic.

Ok its not that bad (yes I have AT). Just takes a heavier pedal :( up goes gas consumption :p

Fuman
08-04-2006, 05:21 PM
i don\'t notice it that much. only when i\'m on the highway, and I need to accelerate to pass/merge.

Kevin@nextmod
08-05-2006, 04:09 AM
I kinda feel my car have more torque when i have the A/C on. But thats only when i\'m at 4000pm and up. But my car is loud when the A/C is on.

FLIPDADY
08-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

I kinda feel my car have more torque when i have the A/C on. But thats only when i\'m at 4000pm and up. But my car is loud when the A/C is on.
The car is under more load when you hit that switch.

Regardless your car is so damn loud even at idle!

TM3
08-11-2006, 12:44 AM
i heard on 680 news that A/C makes you fat. hahahaha

sounds funny.. but i think the reason is that if you\'re always in a/c condition, your body will think that it\'s cold so it will store fat for energy to burn to keep your body warm. so, no a/c is good for your metabolism..

sp3GT
08-14-2006, 01:32 AM
Speaking of hearing from 680 News, I heard from a while back that driving with windows down when your past 60 km/h actaully uses more gas then turning on the A/C.

mit-gee-mui
08-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by TM3

i heard on 680 news that A/C makes you fat. hahahaha

sounds funny.. but i think the reason is that if you\'re always in a/c condition, your body will think that it\'s cold so it will store fat for energy to burn to keep your body warm. so, no a/c is good for your metabolism..

But the a/c in my house is always on. The a/c in my car is on a lot too.

Originally posted by sp3GT
Speaking of hearing from 680 News, I heard from a while back that driving with windows down when your past 60 km/h actaully uses more gas then turning on the A/C.

That\'s cause there\'s more drag.

TheProfessor
08-14-2006, 02:39 PM

I\'ve heard that also, from a number of different sources. Driving with the A/C on and the windows up isn\'t nearly as fun for me though.....I like having the wind and fresh air ;)

Skarbro
08-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by TheProfessor

I\'ve heard that also, from a number of different sources. Driving with the A/C on and the windows up isn\'t nearly as fun for me though.....I like having the wind and fresh air ;)
Hmm interesting. There may be some truth to that depanding on what car it is.

slimturk05
08-31-2006, 08:43 PM
The A/C sucks but according to Stanley at Mazda of Toronto after they checked the temperature for my AC it was good ... I was like are you nuts? the freakin thing takes about 30-40 minutes to get cold...better off with the windows down .... how many times do we have to complain before they actually change the AC for us?

A new technology or whatever to call it is needed for the AC.

I wonder if the \"Engineers\" read the forum on what needs to be fixed or changed for the car?

majic
09-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by slimturk05

I wonder if the \"Engineers\" read the forum on what needs to be fixed or changed for the car?

not sure what \'engineers\' you\'re referring to but have you tried

1) windows down for the first bit to let the hot air out
2) set fan speed to 2 + a/c
3) recirc
4) tints

works for most.. granted it\'s not ICE cold but it\'s cool enough, and i sweat like a pig ;)

maybe i should let TheProfessor beat this horse a little more :D

TheProfessor
09-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by majic

maybe i should let TheProfessor beat this horse a little more :D

Sorry, it\'s already been beaten to a pulp!

WildEmu
03-06-2007, 06:47 PM
The change in acceleration was really annoying at first, I guess I eventually got used to it....we need more powerful engines! :chuckle

b
03-06-2007, 07:01 PM
The change in acceleration was really annoying at first, I guess I eventually got used to it....we need more powerful engines! :chuckle

I agree big time. You'd think a $28,000 car would have a/c that works.

WLS ZMZM
06-27-2007, 03:40 PM
I think the a/c works fine..... its like every other four banger... it takes a few mins to actually get it cool... but then its fine...... besides its sposed to cool you down... not freeze you out... and you can't compare it to older cars with A/C cuz the older cars were using freon gas.. instead of that new replacement... it doesn't get half as cold... but it does save the environment.....

cereal83
06-27-2007, 04:16 PM
a/c is fine for me also. I notice the powerloss but as long as your above 3000 rpm, your fine.

The blower is always on full for me but it keeps me cold. I also have it on auto a/c but 90% of the time, the blower is on full time

x_o_k_x
03-13-2008, 09:34 PM
so.. didnt they change for "stronger" a/c on late models..or is it still the same?

zoomzoom33
03-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I also notice a slight drop in power when the A/C is on. I also notice it takes a long time to cool in the summer and quite a while to heat in the winter. I'm camparing my speed 3 to my other cars, 2004 4cyl. accord and a 2004 highlander. The accord seams to cool and heat up alot quicker and the highlander is slightly better then my speed. They all have a slight power loss. All my cars are tinted with the max. allowed.

Fuman
03-23-2008, 12:25 PM
x_o_k_x - props for searching

I also notice a slight drop in power when the A/C is on. I also notice it takes a long time to cool in the summer and quite a while to heat in the winter. I'm camparing my speed 3 to my other cars, 2004 4cyl. accord and a 2004 highlander. The accord seams to cool and heat up alot quicker and the highlander is slightly better then my speed. They all have a slight power loss. All my cars are tinted with the max. allowed.
My A/C comes on relatively fast, compared to my household's other car but then that car is old (1997). The heat is true but then I don't go past 2000rpm until the engine is at near normal operating temp.

I don't notice power lost in my car. I noticed it on my old protege. It was like NOS, when I turned off A/C on my old car, haha.

_3G
02-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Compared to all the other cars I've had the mazda 3 heat and air is the worst...