PDA

View Full Version : Tein H-tech when going over railroad

blk_muzda
08-06-2006, 12:38 AM
My car is lowered w/ h-techs and stock shock. Whenever I go over railroad/ pot hole, there will be a loud sound, as if the shocks aren\'t absorbing any of the bump and the car is about to fall apart? you guys out there with lowered cars have this problem? Will this problem be fixed if I change my shocks?

SwooshICE
08-06-2006, 01:30 AM
slow down n you\'ll be fine ;)

blk_muzda
08-06-2006, 02:30 AM
do coilovers have this problem then?

DrunknFoo
08-06-2006, 02:54 AM
It happens all the time, just slow down and avoid potholes. If you do change your shocks, it should dampen the impact and it won\'t feel as harsh.

majic
08-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by blk_muzda

My car is lowered w/ h-techs and stock shock. Whenever I go over railroad/ pot hole, there will be a loud sound, as if the shocks aren\'t absorbing any of the bump and the car is about to fall apart? you guys out there with lowered cars have this problem? Will this problem be fixed if I change my shocks?

what kind of a sound? is it coming from the rear only? you feel like you\'re bottoming out? did it happen before the new springs?

jaym3
08-08-2006, 10:12 AM
this noise happens when you go over a sudden bump and the wheel hits the top of the wheel well. it happens to me over 15 times a day with s techs =)

majic
08-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by jaym3

this noise happens when you go over a sudden bump and the wheel hits the top of the wheel well. it happens to me over 15 times a day with s techs =)

well if this ALSO happened on stock springs (maybe you didn\'t notice it as much then) there\'s a TSB for it - i had mine fixed under warranty..

jaym3
08-08-2006, 11:58 AM
never happened with stock springs..unless the pothole was ginormous. the wheel gap was too big for such thing to happen :p

MAZDA Kitten
08-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by jaym3

+1

Maybe not 15 times a day but it happens
its the worst sound

FLIPDADY
08-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Just watch the road carefully and avoid \"The Dukes of Hazard\" jump over speed bumps and rail crossings. Especially the one at 14th Ave. between Kennedy and Warden.

jaym3
08-08-2006, 03:50 PM
since ive been on the s techs for quite a while now...i dont mind the road anymore...when i got the springs at first and heard the sound, i was like &@#$!! everytime i did that, but now its like...meh...my lack of care will probably come to haunt me someday

whodilly
08-08-2006, 05:05 PM
^^ you should check inside the wheel well, the plastic above the tire is probably all ripped up...

blk_muzda
08-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Maybe rolling the wheel well is a good idea

blk_muzda
08-08-2006, 10:17 PM
At first I thought the springs being too stiff is the problem

DrunknFoo
08-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Just watch the road carefully and avoid \"The Dukes of Hazard\" jump over speed bumps and rail crossings. Especially the one at 14th Ave. between Kennedy and Warden.

Ya the car flies if you are going west and on the right hand lane, scared the shit out of me once.

FLIPDADY
08-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by DrunknFoo

Ya the car flies if you are going west and on the right hand lane, scared the shit out of me once.
Isn\'t it fun though?:p

Broli
08-21-2006, 02:12 PM
i cringe everytime i hear that noise,

i am on prokits stock shocks

oh man!

bloor street into downtown from the west is a wrecking zone
there are two bad one just after runnymede, right lane heading west, just infront of no frills and then again at the light right after it!

i always slow down and crawl over the bumps!
i have been honked at but who cares!!

oh

427 south near brownsline exit
oh man!

terrible!!

wtom
08-21-2006, 03:27 PM

Isn\'t it fun though?:p

Not when you\'re in the left lane and the mofo is in the curb lane (both heading west) and they jump the railroad only to find out the road curves back to the right (http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=43.841,-79.315109&spn=0.001652,0.003176&t=k&om=1) quite a bit almost immediately. :p

FLIPDADY
08-21-2006, 05:19 PM
That\'s near the spot where I ripped my entire cat back exhaust on my Civic. Just in front of the IBM building during rush hour. There was construction on 14th and the man holes were sticking out like land mines.

Domokun
08-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Mine too. I\'m running on Espelir spings on stock dampers (MS dampers are still sitting in the basement)

Driving around scarb freaks me out. Especially on steels ave. The underside of the my bumper is also scrapped up from getting into malls and parking garages.