PDA

View Full Version : MOM 2007 Committee

justin
09-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey All,

I wanted to let you guys know that I am on the planning committee for MOM 2007, and wanted to get the ball rolling for next years event by asking \"Should Mazda Canada be involved in the same way they were this year?\"

Vote, post your suggestions, comments, etc, on how we can improve MOM 2007.

Thanks!

S.F.W.
09-11-2006, 09:57 PM
I think it would be nice to have Mazda Canada involved again, but not the same way. We need to allow dealers to officially participate, and sponsor the event. Our friends at MoT got screwed this year because they didn\'t bring in a giant logo\'d truck like Dave Wood, or a whole racing set up like Scarborough Mazda.
Also, allowing for dealer sponsorship could improve the location quality...

SABIO
09-12-2006, 05:31 AM
Our sponsors weren\'t allowed there if I understand correctly.
I would rather have a little area for the forum sponsors than an area for Mazda.
Leave them out of it.
Like I said before, It\'s an event for OWNERS of Mazdas...not for the Maker of Mazdas.

SW20 MR2
09-12-2006, 08:57 AM
I hate to say it, but you guys would be making a mistake if you shut Mazda out. Many car clubs have been trying to get the manufacturers to participate in their events with zero success. People often complain that the car companies don\'t participate at the grassroots level. You guys already have it, so don\'t throw it away.

If it\'s important to you to have events for your sponsors, then talk to Mazda and find some way to integrate it into MoM or have another different event.

It\'s not a black or white issue. I\'m sure there is room for compromise somewhere.

TheProfessor
09-12-2006, 09:09 AM
I don\'t see why both Mazda Canada and the sponsors can\'t both participate if planned correctly. I for one would like to see Mazda Canada involved.

stas
09-12-2006, 09:55 AM
from talking to some people at MoM it seamed that Mazda of Canada took over decissions over what should happen. correct me if i\'m wrong, but wasn\'t that the reason? I afree with S.F.W. we shouldn\'t kick Mazda of Canada out of the event but if we could have the MoM commitee have control over everything then i\'m sure it will turn out much more interesting.

FLIPDADY
09-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Don\'t shut out Mazda Canada. The goody bags were a great idea plus they brought some really nice rides for us to see.

Allow more dealer participation not just the one\'s with fancy race cars.

S.F.W.
09-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Don\'t shut out Mazda Canada. The goody bags were a great idea plus they brought some really nice rides for us to see.

everyone needs a can of tire foam these days:drool

FLIPDADY
09-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by S.F.W.

Don\'t forget the nifty brake pad gauge too!

MazdaTree
09-12-2006, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by S.F.W.

Don\'t forget the nifty brake pad gauge too!

Hey Joe where\'s the how to for those brake pad gauges? :p

Broli
09-12-2006, 11:44 AM
i say let them be involved as a sponsor, and thats it,
do not let them have say,

tell them they are welcome to come out
welcome to donate

but not
welcome to dictate

Effin Itai
09-12-2006, 12:34 PM
I agree with inviting them as guests. If they don\'t want our sponsors there, then too bad. Mazda Canada can care less about being there. They make enough sales with or without us. Didn\'t find the people from the dealerships too friendly either. If MOM is at another parking lot, I can guarantee I won\'t be there. One more thing, can some tell Scarboro Mazda to stop bringing those ear piercing, contraptions of race cars. Really, really annoying! Sorry guys, I\'m having a bad day.

Let\'s go Justin! LOL!

KenYork
09-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Voted YES, but like mentioned before, dealers only welcome if they are affiliated or sponsor a Mazda club. Mazda Canada should understand that only dealers that are already associated with a club have given us their support. In all fairness, all affiliated dealers/sponsers will be given invites. Non-invited should be allowed to stay, but not advertise/setup a booth.

With all affiliated dealers/sponsors (inc. Mazda dealerships, performance retail), imagine the possible turnout only to visit their booths.

Jeff-TheBiz
09-13-2006, 06:21 PM

Lots of politics come in to play when they are involved.

The event is not meant to be a sales event but a meeting of enthusiasts :dunno (sp?) but when I try to give back to a club that has given so much to me, I was told no \'thank-you\'.

SABIO
09-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Broli

I say let them be involved as a sponsor, and thats it,
Do not let them have say,

Tell them they are welcome to come out.....welcome to donate but NOT welcome to Dictate

I Agree. Perfect way to say it. (I actually agreed with Broli....it\'s all gone to hell)

3GFX
01-04-2007, 06:22 PM
I Agree. Perfect way to say it. (I actually agreed with Broli....it\'s all gone to hell)

+1

I also like Sabio's idea about having some forum sponsers out. It would be nice to get some parts out and maybe some demo Mazda's.

I've been reading PAS mag for a while now, and although I don't think they're the greatest mag, they do cover the import scene quite well in all aspects. I've read their articles about Waterfest and about numerous club meets. I think we should have an event that is magazine worthy, I wanna see MOM in PASmag. Its gotta be something that enthusiests can come out to see, not just owners but 16 year olds dreaming of their first tuner car and 40 year olds still in love with their Protege5.

Waterfest: (I don't think we're big enough, but still its a good example)
http://www.waterfest.net/wf12/

PASmag: Tiburon Meet coverage @ Triple Crown Tuner Challenge
http://www.pasmag.com/gallery/gallery_select.asp?ID=60

PASmag: C7 Fall Cruise
http://www.pasmag.com/gallery/gallery_select.asp?ID=78

EvilEric
01-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Corporate sponsorship makes it alot easier but instead of shutting them completely out maybe someone from Mazda Canada can be included on the committee so they CAN make some suggestions.

mEtH
01-05-2007, 04:22 PM
I dont mind Mazda Canada being there and taking part as I think this day is as much for them as it is for ourselves. But for them to rule on who can show or sponsor or anything they should have no right. After all this is a business and no one should have a monoply.

p.s. Try and get sporsors that are reliable. MOM 06 had one sponsor not show, not sure about the other guys that won a prize from that sponsor but I got nothing. I even got in contact with them through the RX8 guys and well it was a lost cause. It was supposed to be some alarm which I probably wouldn't of used but rather raffled off to another member to earn some money for the club.

That idea got shut down quick...I know its not completely avoidable but theres always word of mouth to help.

S.F.W.
01-05-2007, 09:35 PM
hey meth, what sponsor was it ?

Saphress
01-06-2007, 02:21 AM
Hmm... Dang, guess this shows I haven't been around in a LONG time. :( We have the 2007 MOM event?

Ok... here's my input.

If Mazda Canada gets involved, there will be a lot more politics just as Biz put it. There will be specified guidelines that we will have to follow rather than US making the rules that would fit best for our enthusiasts. Mazda Canada also has to look at brand responsibilities, as for what exactly they are supporting ... and how that may look to the media/consumers. Dealerships have the right to show what they want to support... But Mazda Canada has to think about the general population overall. Or else, it may give a wrong impression. So given those factors, Mazda Canada (in my assumption) would only be involved if it was under their guidelines. We can always make the offering, but expect they will be out of the picture.

After experiencing 2005, if you guys wanna do this, it needs better planning. I'm talkin about ALL OUT. To start looking for sponsorship as early as possible.

If you want media involved, why the heck not? But that may have more politics involved,event guidelines... refering # of people may lead to possibly hiring proper security. And if we do attract more attention, cops may be involved.... Insurance? All these things need to be looked at.

I think Mazda Canada could be a sponsor, but not an overall one. No matter what you guys decide to do, there will be a battle of the dealerships. Dave Wood & Scarboro Mazda will ALWAYS show up if they can to flash whatever to bring in attention. And a specified dealer will always roar their car at no cost with the dealership name all over their car. (Biz, I'm still SORRY)... Anyway. Ensure, that all the dealerships that show .... charge a fee. If they want to show up and pass things around, they need to pay to help contribute to the familia just as all the other sponsors. Which I think waivers should be signed on that. Just to ensure no mischief.

Perhaps sponsored dealerships should be placed at their own corners... to show their display. Even to have some sales people for people who non Mazda owners. As for actual vendors, booths/dispays should be up n runnin for them to either advertise, sell... ( I believe on average at other events it was approx $250)... but in this case perhaps... $150? Waiver forms would also need to be filled, for liability purposes in case of damage or theft.

Also, selling our own? I mean, promo MOM '07 products for giveaways (depending on whether enough revenue can do this)... ... I still have hookups to get this done.

If a committee gets set up and thought about NOW, where people will start looking... whether it's sponsors who are currently involved with the clubs, or even looking around to detailing shops, product vendors that may want to participate...

We had a lot of ideas in '05, but there wasn't enough time as I think we pushed the limit to less than 2 months to have everything arranged. start soliciting ASAP. anyways... to the new committee... good luck!

jr21
01-10-2007, 07:50 PM
you should include mazda canada because they can try setting up a location for your event. but if theres any conflicts between vendors and mazda canada you guys should try to resolve some middle ground.also you guys should have a show and shine and have people voting for the best cars.i attend the show and shine of toronto subaru club in mavis and 401. subaru canada is very involved and even bring the canadian rally team and car during the event.

Broli
01-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I would say, as i have said before, unless mazda canada is willing to give some sort of tremendous amount of support, then they should be a regular sponsor like all other sponsors, and have no right to dictate the course of the event!

there is will be a show n shine and voting on the cars

dsichewski
01-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Perhaps sponsored dealerships should be placed at their own corners... to show their display.

Maybe put a limit on what once can bring...say you get a 4X8 sheet of plywood to cover....I know that doesn't sound like alot but when you go there and see a huge ass trailer etc it gets to be kinda excessive and unfair to others who a don't have the resources to do something like that or b) wern't given the oppertunity....I think to keep it fair between the dealerships set a limit size wize and stick with it...if they come with more then say sorry no entry...and if they come with less thats there own problem....As for Mazda Canada's involvement....do not let them dictate....this is for us Key point US!....were(the commitee etc) the ones doing the hard work the countless late nights getting everything organized...why should they be able to walk in and say yeah this is how its gonna be or the show doesn't run...to me thats not fair. we started it so in turn we should be the ones to finish it. i know i'm not on the commitee just my thoughts...good luck with the planning and everything and I'm looking forward to MOM2007 :)

Jeff-TheBiz
01-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Fact of the matter is, the dealerships arent really bringing anything to sell... at least I don't think they were.

In the past, I have arranged financial support from the dealership, and I brought my car...

I am sure everyone here knows what Joe sells... and I know he doesn't want to cart $3000 in parts to the show only to bring back $2800 in parts.

I can't imagine myself bringing brochures with me.... I am not like that, MOM is to celebrate owning a Mazda, it is not a trade show.

The problem with Mazda Canada being there is that they did not want any acknowledgement to go to the dealerships (note the plural!) that helped out.

Broli
01-12-2007, 10:49 AM
I would like to see it look something like this

A big thank you to all of our generous sponsors

sponsor A
sponsor B
sponsor C

each sponsor could be a dealership, could be mazda canada could be a install shop, could be an audio shop, whatever . . .

it could even thank the sponsor and acknowledge what they provide

S.F.W.
01-12-2007, 08:11 PM
we did the sponsor sheet 2 years ago, it worked out well. Until an evil dealership(cough Scarborough, cough), screwed everything up..

Saphress
01-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Well in regards to Mazda Canada, from what I recall what happened last year, it didn't end up in the parking lot or something? ?? I didn't go so I have no idea! Anyway. the way I see it.... the official sponsor who was for 2005 didn't show up to sell.... they showed up to party. (smirk)... to celebrate!...

All the while, another dealership showed up, gave away stuff that was stuck in their inventory that they couldn't get rid of. and gave away business cards that Ami and I spent an hour taking off. Unfair if you asked me. Anyway. I should have just kicked that guy out. Anyway. We're gonna get great sponsors, and we're also goign to get sleazy people who don't wanna give back to a community that brought the business. It happens!

But... with Mazda Canada.... it's just too much politics. Too many rules that we would have to follow. so I really don't think this year it would be wise to get them to fully sponsor. But who knows, perhaps if we can get more dealers involved this year... ??? I think that would be more fun no?? I mean, considering, it's not really Mazda Canada who sold us the car... it was the dealership!... The dealership who gave us happiness... the people who we went to who sold us the car.