PDA

View Full Version : It's not a 3...MS6 ...updated with more PIX

PlatMS6
10-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Well some of you may know that I have had a lot of interest in Mazda's MAZDASPEED line of cars ;)

Picked this up today...just snapped a quick shot of it in the garage, after some crusin!

This car pulls so nice!!! Especially in 3rd and 4th.
Plus 6 gears is what every car should come with!

Long story short .....

INTRODUCING THE HEAVYWHEIGHT COMPETITOR all the way from JAPAN......

MMMMMAAAAAZZZZDDDDDAAAAA SPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD 6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

274HP
280TQ
AWD
6 SPEED
XENON LIGHTS
BOSE STEREO

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/559/msp6kf5.jpg

b
10-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Wow thats your car? Nice car! Did you trade in your 3?

royroy
10-02-2006, 11:28 PM
u should get a new login name =P

PlatMS6
10-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Wow thats your car?* Nice car! Did you trade in your 3?

Yep I traded in my 04 Mazda3 GS, originally I was looking at VDubs but they were greedy bastids...only wanted to give me 10k for my car* >:(

Mazda gave me 14,500 for my 04 with almost 100k* :D ...which pretty much completely bought it out.

So I picked this baby up* 8)

I am still babying this car, but it pulls real nice* :P

MazdaTree
10-03-2006, 12:07 AM
let see some more pics!

I like the color! Haven't seen that color yet on the roads!

PlatMS6
10-03-2006, 12:30 AM
let see some more pics!

I like the color!* Haven't seen that color yet on the roads!

Ahah I got the car tonight and spent time just enjoying driving it. My camera is not that great at all, as you can see from the snap I took tonight before lockin 'er up :) So you will have to wait till I have some time during the day.

It definatelly turns some heads for a dark silver like colour, not that I really want that (part of the reason not going with the red).

I looked at the Velocity Red Metallic, Black Mica and Liquid Platinum Metallic. I had really liked the Red at night, but in daylight it really turned me off. The black was nice, but it just didn't apeal to me with all the watermarks, so I picked the next best thing Liquid Platinum Metallic! (I am comming from the Sunlight Silver from the Mz3...which was alot brighter)

Funny thing is, I didnt like the MS3's red at night, but in daylight I liked it. Hah the opposite of the MS6 Red. Kinda weird.

But yeah the car just does everything really well. Feels a lot more stable than the 3....thats for sure :)

Another thing I noticed is that I no longer have to downshift on the highway...cruising in 6th at about a 100km/h and at ~2300 RPM, applying gas is actually way better accelaration then when I dropped to third in the Mz3, its sweet if you drop it down a gear :) ...3000RPM is heaven, you just get planted in the seat.

TheProfessor
10-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Pic isn't working for me, but congrats anyways ;)

FLIPDADY
10-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Quite the upgrade from your previous ride. Where did you buy the MS6 from?

Jeff-TheBiz
10-03-2006, 02:32 PM

hmmph... not even a phone call.. you paid too much..

Congrats on your new car... is this gonna be the winter beater?

PlatMS6
10-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Quite the upgrade from your previous ride.* Where did you buy the MS6 from?

Bahah it doesn't matter where I got it from...I know I got a good deal, $165 more (tax in...same length of time as the 3, 48mos) than I was paying for the 3...which is shwweeeetttt, plus insurance is only $20 more per month (the car is safe..AWD..Airbags everywhere, plus considered a 6 and a bit of a grown up car (i'm not heh...low 20's).

Yap this thing is gonna be plowin around come winter time :)...just gotta get some good rubber on 17's.

What comes on this thing are the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 215/45YR18 (heh rated to 300km/h...which equals every km to $...300/tire)...the tires are great and summer only. Gotta get some good winters to compliment the AWD ;)

If anyone wants to upgrade as well...now is a good time. You get .5% less than the already LOW rates (on 2006's) since ure already with Mazda. And you can bring down that MSRP ;) Plus like I have stated before Mazda (well most likely the one you bought it from) is going to give you the best $$$ value for your car. I got $14, 500 (car was 18k new) for a 04 GS with a little less than 100K (A/C only option) from 2.5 yrs in my possesion. I have seen '04 GT's with way less kilometers go for less in private sales! I know its not worth that much, but that was to drop down the MS6 even more. In total I have probably saved over 5K against the MS6 and the loooow interest made for even lower payments. The MS6 cost me less than a barebones 06/07 Jetta 2.0T...this thing might as well have been a Corrola with a bit more power...yuk (Im a VW guy at heart lol)...the GTI would have been alotttttt more. (and its MSRP is sub 30K) ...heh if you want to compare in-house...it was less then a 07 Sport V6 (not event the GT)

Jeff-TheBiz
10-03-2006, 05:02 PM

Bahah it doesn't matter where I got it from...I know I got a good deal, $165 more (tax in...same length of time as the 3, 48mos) than I was paying for the 3...which is shwweeeetttt, plus insurance is only $20 more per month (the car is safe..AWD..Airbags everywhere, plus considered a 6 and a bit of a grown up car (i'm not heh...low 20's).

Yap this thing is gonna be plowin around come winter time :)...just gotta get some good rubber on 17's.

What comes on this thing are the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 215/45YR18 (heh rated to 300km/h...which equals every km to $...300/tire)...the tires are great and summer only. Gotta get some good winters to compliment the AWD ;)

If anyone wants to upgrade as well...now is a good time. You get .5% less than the already LOW rates (on 2006's) since ure already with Mazda. And you can bring down that MSRP ;) Plus like I have stated before Mazda (well most likely the one you bought it from) is going to give you the best $$$ value for your car. I got $14, 500 (car was 18k new) for a 04 GS with a little less than 100K (A/C only option) from 2.5 yrs in my possesion. I have seen '04 GT's with way less kilometers go for less in private sales! I know its not worth that much, but that was to drop down the MS6 even more. In total I have probably saved over 5K against the MS6 and the loooow interest made for even lower payments. The MS6 cost me less than a barebones 06/07 Jetta 2.0T...this thing might as well have been a Corrola with a bit more power...yuk (Im a VW guy at heart lol)...the GTI would have been alotttttt more. (and its MSRP is sub 30K) ...heh if you want to compare in-house...it was less then a 07 Sport V6 (not event the GT)

Plus right now you get $4000 off the Mazdaspeed6 if you pay cash or you can finance for up to 5 years at 0%!!

PlatMS6
10-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Yep...I knew about the upcomming deals (the states had something like 6 thousand off...but their rates were 9% or something ridiculous). LOL I doubt anyone considering buying the MS6 would have that much to throw on the table (not the majority at least).

But yeah I know I got over 5k because of the trade mainly (and taking it off my hands)...I am a happy camper :)

Some dealers didn't have any in stock...mine had 5 or 6...mine only being the GS I guess (no leather/options...car is fully loaded anyways)...the rest were GT' with only difference Leather/Sunroof/Nav and Keyless...thats it. Plus I wasnt able to drive the GT...at least in comfort because the sunroof robs like 1.5 inches of headroom (had the same problem with the 3)

ZeroChalk
10-03-2006, 06:49 PM
so.. so tempting. ;D Only problem, which is big in my needs, the rear seats do not fold down.

jdanielsg
10-04-2006, 07:27 PM

Plus right now you get $4000 off the Mazdaspeed6 if you pay cash or you can finance for up to 5 years at 0%!!

too bad these cars r all manual LOL I dunt drive manual... wasting my energy LOL but to those who bothre i bet its fun :)

majic
10-04-2006, 09:24 PM

too bad these cars r all manual LOL I dunt drive manual... wasting my energy LOL but to those who bothre i bet its fun :)

do you really feel the need to quote EVERYONE when you post some garbage? :-\

Ps. and in case you don't get my sarcasm i quoted everyone just to make a point.. (before you jump down my throat)

Jeff-TheBiz
10-05-2006, 11:40 AM
+1 but with the sarcastic quote. :P

bubba1983
10-05-2006, 11:45 AM

do you really feel the need to quote EVERYONE when you post some garbage?* *:-\

Ps. and in case you don't get my sarcasm i quoted everyone just to make a point.. (before you jump down my throat)

but its soo much funnnnnnnnnnnnnn

(i put the extra n's to show you i was making a funny)

FLIPDADY
10-05-2006, 12:07 PM

Maybe there's a way to limit the amount of quotes in a thread. :P

bubba1983
10-05-2006, 12:10 PM

why would ya wanna doo that?

PlatMS6
10-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Bah can a mod clean up this guys posts or just get rid of em?

FLIPDADY
10-05-2006, 12:48 PM

Only if you change your handle. ;)

PlatMS6
10-05-2006, 01:24 PM

Only if you change your handle. ;)

So shall it be written :)

FLIPDADY
10-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Okay from this point on no abuse of the quote button shall be used!

TheProfessor
10-05-2006, 04:13 PM

What?

On a serious note, the lack of folding seats is stupid. Could they not have figured out a way to brace the car without losing that valuable feature?

PlatMS6
10-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Meh, I can honestly say that I have never had to use the folddown seats...except when cleaning the car :), I've got neighbors with pickups/vans that I could either borrow or they could drive out whatever is needed. But I can see how it could be a major problem for some. Does the regular 6 have folddown seats?

TheProfessor
10-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah, the non MS6 has split folding seats, which, when I had my Mazda6, came in very handy for me.

PlatMS6
10-06-2006, 02:16 AM
OK I took pics of the car tonight at MIDNIGHT in a well lit Industrial area (lol not bright enough for this camera). I took roughly 50 pictures and froze my extremeties lol. The pictures are HORRRIBBLLEEE, coming from an older Kodak PS, so nobody has to tell me that they are bad, grainy or shaky...because thats either the camera or me shivering. During the day the camera takes better pix so that will follow, or if I drop by a meet usually from the shots that I see there’s a couple of* pros in the bunch with some good equipment.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/5796/ms63zs9.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2600/ms64fs6.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3227/ms65dl9.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/52/ms66je8.jpg

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2218/ms67ho9.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9149/ms68ii3.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1589/ms69jx0.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3164/ms610st4.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2764/ms611lm5.jpg

...told you they weren't that great :p...at least you have a better idea now

wtom
10-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Screw the pics, we want videos!!! ;D

b
10-07-2006, 03:55 PM
I love the glass black dash pc's

MAZDA Kitten
10-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Wow thats your car?* Nice car! Did you trade in your 3?

Yep I traded in my 04 Mazda3 GS, originally I was looking at VDubs but they were greedy bastids...only wanted to give me 10k for my car* >:(

LOL! I know a thing or two about that trust me--- AUDI dealerships are ass

MAZDA Kitten
10-08-2006, 08:19 PM
.... oh and very nice car! Nice choice

PlatMS6
10-08-2006, 09:34 PM

What?

On a serious note, the lack of folding seats is stupid.* Could they not have figured out a way to brace the car without losing that valuable feature?

so.. so tempting. ;D Only problem, which is big in my needs, the rear seats do not fold down.

THE SEATS CAN FOLD DOWN!!!!! ...takes about 30s, but doable!!!!! (its not like you will be folding them down daily)

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=43583

Alright now the two you have no excuse to not buy this beast....mauahhahahahhaah

PlatMS6
10-08-2006, 09:35 PM
.... oh and very nice car! Nice choice

Danke!

Chuckie
10-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Screw the pics, we want videos!!!* ;D

lol vids of speedo during a nice pull would be nice.
just don't get a ticket while you're at it

R_J_3
10-11-2006, 01:16 PM

why would ya wanna doo that?

Longest quote.... Whats the record?

mazdaspeed36
10-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I have some video of my MS6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sw-Wqnu_kU

this is part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pYyuiFyV8s