PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers and Springs

Never Enough
10-09-2006, 06:07 PM
What do you guys prefer as far as Coilovers? Does anyone have the Tein Basics or SS? Anyone have the Ksports? How do you like them?

Same thing with springs....what do you prefer? TEin, Progress, Eibach....?

MazdaTree
10-09-2006, 06:13 PM
People like certain ones that have the certain specs and price they are looking for:)

Most people that have springs have the tein or eibach and most people that have coils have the tein.

royroy
10-09-2006, 08:25 PM
would anyone recommand the spring or the coil??? i obviously know the coil will b better then spring.. but i just dunno if it is worth getting.. compare to the spring..

sbmonkey
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
The coilover will give you both shocks and springs as one matched unit.
Springs will get you just... well, springs! Ultimately, it just depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend.

royroy
10-10-2006, 12:51 AM
well.. i personally wanted to get the coilovers...but then thinking that spring is so much cheaper.. i dunno wt i can benefit from the coilovers which deserves getting installed...

just a question....will changing springs or coilovers have the chance to void my warrenty with mazda???

Skarbro
10-10-2006, 05:30 AM
well.. i personally wanted to get the coilovers...but then thinking that spring is so much cheaper.. i dunno wt i can benefit from the coilovers which deserves getting installed...

just a question....will changing springs or coilovers have the chance to void my warrenty with mazda???

It won't void your entire warranty per se, but it will void your warranty with respect to the suspension components to which you are modifying and are affected by the modifications.

FLIPDADY
10-10-2006, 08:37 AM

It won't void your entire warranty per se, but it will void your warranty with respect to the suspension components to which you are modifying and are affected by the modifications.

+1 ;)

Kevin@nextmod
10-10-2006, 10:45 AM
As i keep saying to everyone here.
Stay away from Teins.

royroy
10-10-2006, 05:10 PM
As i keep saying to everyone here.
Stay away from Teins.

ooo y stay away??

Kevin@nextmod
10-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Because IIIII think it sucks.

royroy
10-10-2006, 11:22 PM
lol for both springs and coil overs?

majic
10-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Because IIIII think it sucks.

wow.. guys listen to him..

TEINS IS TEH SUCK.. cuz he said so!!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ::) ::)

fourtrack78
10-11-2006, 09:41 AM
with coil overs do you need to get an alignment every time you adjust the height?

FLIPDADY
10-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Tein's rule!

Never had any issues with my S-Techs and they were previously used.

CanadaGTO
10-11-2006, 09:55 AM
We've never had any negative feedback regarding TEIN's on the SRT-4's we've supplied, but I have no experience with the Mazda3 application.

BTW, we carry TEIN :)

Kevin@nextmod
10-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Well i don't mean they suck that much that will cause any problems. I just think they are too soft and they just sag too much on our cars.

royroy
10-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Well i don't mean they suck that much that will cause any problems. I just think they are too soft and they just sag too much on our cars.

for both springs and coils?

Kevin@nextmod
10-11-2006, 01:00 PM
well just for springs. Since the coilovers do have new shocks but i just dont like the fact that the basics can't adjust the damper and the SS are so expensive.

royroy
10-11-2006, 02:04 PM
icic..
coze i m thinking of getting coil overs.. but i dunno how much it will cost to adjust the height for winter and summer...

Kevin@nextmod
10-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Just do it yourself.

royroy
10-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Just do it yourself.

myself??
1st.. i dun really know how..
2nd.. i dun trust myself
3rd.. i dun wanna die yet =P

sbmonkey
10-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Adjusting the height on coilovers are usually very simple... just normally turning a knob or something else.

bubba1983
10-12-2006, 12:00 AM
We've never had any negative feedback regarding TEIN's on the SRT-4's we've supplied, but I have no experience with the Mazda3 application.

BTW, we carry TEIN :)

whats your pricing on teh coilovers?
pm me please!

MicroDude
10-13-2006, 03:43 PM
are the coil overs durable even if you use the car during winter.. will they sieze with time cause of rust or somehting making them non adjustable in hieght.. thats once thing stopping me fomr getting those.. but with koni and my stech i'll have anice drop also :)

Kevin@nextmod
10-13-2006, 03:52 PM
well you can't stop rust building up. Most people with the basics, after they adjust them they will just leave it and non adjust them anymore.

royroy
10-13-2006, 04:11 PM
yea... after talking with the guys at the mini last nite.. i think i m just gonna go with shocks +spring...rather than the basic coils..

ArManI
10-19-2006, 12:14 AM
i tried springs and i dont like it cuz i felt it too bumpy
is coil over more soft? i tend to go more of confortness than performance

sbmonkey
10-19-2006, 01:03 AM
i tried springs and i dont like it cuz i felt it too bumpy
is coil over more soft? i tend to go more of confortness than performance
Springs have different spring rates that affect ride comfort (and performance). Usually, lower drop means higher spring rate.

higher spring rate = harsher ride = more performance (to an extent)

Springs are ideally coupled with shocks/struts/dampeners that compliment the spring rate. The two combined will give you best performance or best comfort.

Coilovers are simply a matched set of springs and dampeners that often have various levels of adjustments so you can dial it in for what works best for you or the track.

Check out the Koni FSD shocks paired with Racing Beat or Eibach Prokit springs for a mix of comfort and performance.
Lowering your car = bumpier ride. Dampeners = more $$$

Flagrum_3
10-21-2006, 09:16 AM
are the* coil overs durable even if you use the car during winter.. will they sieze with time cause of rust or somehting making them non adjustable in hieght.. thats once thing stopping me fomr getting those.. but with koni and my stech i'll have* anice drop also :)

If your worried about them siezing its pretty simple, just spray the units with an oil or place some Lithium grease on the adjustment sleeves and threads that should protect them from the enviroment.

_3

3GFX
10-21-2006, 10:32 AM
I dunno about Tein, they seem very high quality to me. I've seen a few articles on there processes and I'd say they are one of the best in the world!!!

Just a note on coilovers. Each on of them gets stiff after a while and squeek. All my friends back home (civics to sunfires) have had this problem. Only on the higher end coilovers do you avoid this problem.

If you want a good suspension go with the Mazdaspeed kit (essentially pro-kits) or go with a Racing Beat setup.

royroy
10-21-2006, 01:29 PM
I dunno about Tein, they seem very high quality to me. I've seen a few articles on there processes and I'd say they are one of the best in the world!!!

Just a note on coilovers. Each on of them gets stiff after a while and squeek. All my friends back home (civics to sunfires) have had this problem. Only on the higher end coilovers do you avoid this problem.

If you want a good suspension go with the Mazdaspeed kit (essentially pro-kits) or go with a Racing Beat setup.

i heard Konis were pretty good too =P

3GFX
10-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Simply spending the right money in the right place will get you a good set of shocks and springs. Konis are good to, as well as KW suspension.