PDA

View Full Version : CAI

ksukh
10-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Hey Guys,
My name is Kenny and as of today I just joined this forum. I knew there had to be a Toronto Mazda 3 forum somewhere I just couldn't find it! I have a Mazda 3 Sport that I just recently got and I enjoy driving every second of it. I have a few questions for you guys. Has anyone done anything to the govenor on the car? It stops at around 182.....it's not a big deal but I was just curious to know if there was anyone who upgraded there ECU, or has done anything to the govenor. Lastly, I was curious to know where I would be able to get a CAI, and if it's worth it or not. Thank you very much everyone! :D

Ken

bluntman
10-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Has anyone done anything to the govenor on the car? It stops at around 182.....it's not a big deal but I was just curious to know if there was anyone who upgraded there ECU, or has done anything to the govenor.

How fast do you need to go?

Lastly, I was curious to know where I would be able to get a CAI, and if it's worth it or not.

Many members have or have had a CAI installed. From what they've said, yes, it is worth it. Mazda of Toronto has or can get the Mazdaspeed CAI.

Chuckie
10-22-2006, 05:50 PM
I believe the cutoff is at 188km/h
Why do you need to ever go that fast anyway? When will you be able to use it?

I surely hope you do not intend to use it on the streets.

As for the CAI, For around the same price new, you cannot go wrong with MazdaSpeed.

ksukh
10-22-2006, 06:03 PM
I don't want to go 225 km/h if anything, your right there's no way I will ever do that on the streets :o. I'm not a heavy driver, I prefer acceleration over speed. I'm very interested in a CAI, i'm not sure what manufacturer I would end up getting. What does everybody recommend? AEM, Injen etc. I was told the AEM for the P5 was one of the best. What would suit the Mazda 3?

b
10-22-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't want to go 225 km/h if anything, your right there's no way I will ever do that on the streets :o. I'm not a heavy driver, I prefer acceleration over speed. I'm very interested in a CAI, i'm not sure what manufacturer I would end up getting. What does everybody recommend? AEM, Injen etc. I was told the AEM for the P5 was one of the best. What would suit the Mazda 3?

I have the injen and love it. I couldn't be happier. I bought mine from www.jrponline.com and have had it for a year or more now... but they are expensive...

I would contact 'cta patrique' on the board. I think he has a webstore and seems like a really nice guy. I am buying a cat back off him in a few weeks.

Read about what he offers here http://xsorbit30.com/users5/torontomazda3den/index.php?topic=281.0

doughboyr6
10-22-2006, 07:24 PM
really? our cars cut off at 188? i seriously didn't know....

CanadaGTO
10-23-2006, 09:01 AM

I have the injen and love it. I couldn't be happier. I bought mine from www.jrponline.com and have had it for a year or more now... but they are expensive...

I would contact 'cta patrique' on the board. I think he has a webstore and seems like a really nice guy. I am buying a cat back off him in a few weeks.

Read about what he offers here http://xsorbit30.com/users5/torontomazda3den/index.php?topic=281.0

Thanks for the props blackman.

Yes, we have access to the Injen, K&N and AEM CAI's. PM me with what you're interested in :)

Thanks

Patrique

Flagrum_3
10-23-2006, 09:31 AM
really?* our cars cut off at 188?* i seriously didn't know....

I'm wondering the same thing! Has anyone tested it? (On a track I would hope) reason for asking is when I had my CRXsi it also stated 188 limit but I got it to 210 kph!!

_3

majic
10-23-2006, 09:39 AM
really? our cars cut off at 188? i seriously didn't know....

I'm wondering the same thing! Has anyone tested it? (On a track I would hope) reason for asking is when I had my CRXsi it also stated 188 limit but I got it to 210 kph!!

_3

188kph.. yes people have tested it.. and no they didn't do it on the track.. you always get those stories.. "hey i hit the limiter!!" ::) and i believe the tracks around here aren't long enough to hit 188 there..

sbmonkey
10-23-2006, 10:57 AM
You can get the Microtech standalone ECU from nsnmotorsports.com. It'll cost you a pretty penny, but you will have full ignition timing and fuel management and no governor. Though, the ECU currently only works for 04-05 models. They're still working on '06+ since there are some changes under the hood.

b
10-23-2006, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the props blackman.

Yes, we have access to the Injen, K&N and AEM CAI's. PM me with what you're interested in :)

Thanks

Patrique

Patrique, no problem... we are all here to help each other. I would rather see you get the support vs. a company that just wants the sale... You are always helping out on the board.

Flagrum_3
10-23-2006, 09:51 PM

_3

188kph.. yes people have tested it.. and no they didn't do it on the track.. you always* get those stories.. "hey i hit the limiter!!"* ::) and i believe the tracks around here aren't long enough to hit 188 there..

So (they) tested it!...isn't what I was looking for, I would prefer someone who has actually tried it.What tracks are you talking about?
I'll admit when i did it in my CRX I did'nt use a track....it was up the 404 at about 2:00a.m. but that was years ago when there would be very little to no traffic on the road at that time.Now its a different story even at that time of the day there's to much traffic.But I did surpass the quoted limiter speed, which made me wonder if its just false statements by the manufacturers to appease the Government.

_3

majic
10-23-2006, 10:34 PM
So (they) tested it!...isn't what I was looking for, I would prefer someone who has actually tried it.What tracks are you talking about?
I'll admit when i did it in my CRX I did'nt use a track....it was up the 404 at about 2:00a.m. but that was years ago when there would be very little to no traffic on the road at that time.Now its a different story even at that time of the day there's to much traffic.But I did surpass the quoted limiter speed, which made me wonder if its just false statements by the manufacturers to appease the Government.

_3

i'm not sure what your problem is..

did *i* test if the 3 can go more than 188kph?
has *anyone* tested it to see if what mazda says is true?
is it b/c someone tested it on a public road/highway and not at the track?
you did it with the CRX and by doing so you broke the law, whether anyone got hurt or caught you it doesn't matter b/c you still did a no-no..

this is the track i was talking about..

http://computer-ease.com/socci/images/smphalfs.gif

just spoke with someone who did the full track (nelson+fabi) and he said "the 401 backstraight, the most i got was 160. like i said, unless you're boosted, you're not touching that limiter there"

sbmonkey
10-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Holy crap! $20 for 5 laps!! I am so there!! But May is sooooo far away!!! :'(

I know it's off-topic, but any other place open sooner?

DrunknFoo
10-24-2006, 02:57 AM
Holy crap! $20 for 5 laps!! I am so there!! But May is sooooo far away!!! :'(

I know it's off-topic, but any other place open sooner?

Go check out Dunnville. :)
http://home.cogeco.ca/~vette/dunnvilleautodrome/aboutdunnvilleautodrome.htm you can email and inquire

wtom
10-24-2006, 09:51 AM

_3

188kph.. yes people have tested it.. and no they didn't do it on the track.. you always* get those stories.. "hey i hit the limiter!!"* ::) and i believe the tracks around here aren't long enough to hit 188 there..

Hit. Gas cuts. Don't try it on public roads. ;D

Flagrum_3
10-24-2006, 10:19 AM

_3

i'm not sure what your problem is..

did *i* test if the 3 can go more than 188kph?
has *anyone* tested it to see if what mazda says is true?
is it b/c someone tested it on a public road/highway and not at the track?
you did it with the CRX and by doing so you broke the law, whether anyone got hurt or caught you it doesn't matter b/c you still did a no-no..

this is the track i was talking about..

just spoke with someone who did the full track (nelson+fabi) and he said "the 401 backstraight, the most i got was 160. like i said, unless you're boosted, you're not touching that limiter there"

I'm quite sure I have no problem...you answered to a post- question...and from the way you answered it, it didn't sound like from personal experience,.... thats all.

As to the rest of your reply........................????

By the way thats not the only track around.

_3

3GFX
10-24-2006, 11:43 PM
CAI is by far the best bang for buck even though there isn't a lot of bang. Go with the Mazdaspeed, its essentially the AEM. It has the same filter but for some reason has a throatier sound down low in the rpms. Plus you get the warentee and Joe (Flipdaddio) will get you a great deal.

I to wonder about the ECU. Not because of the limiter but because the ECU is usually the first place to start modding your naturally asperated car (in my opinion). Usually the limiter is removed in the process. I have been schanning the search engines for chips or ECUs for ages now and still nothing.

sbmonkey
10-25-2006, 12:07 AM
The Microtech standalone ECU is available and shows gains of about 20whp+ with conservative base tune.

3GFX
10-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Yea but thats not like a Dinan chip for Bimmers or like a superchip for other cars.

A stock ECU upgrade I think is what were looking for here, an essentially plug and play unit.

sbmonkey
10-25-2006, 12:25 AM
It'll be a long time before we get there. :) So far, Microtech has been the only one to come out with a standalone for our cars after all these years. NSN and Microtech are working on getting it to work with the 06+ and Mazda 6 before working on making it plug-n-play. Also, the way the ECU was developed makes it more difficult to be plug-n-play like other cars.

ksukh
10-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Hey you guy's are great,
I appreciate all the information you've gave me and I'm most certainly going for a CAI. I will contact you patrique with regards to the CAI, does anyone know how I would be able to contact Joe if i'm interested in the Mazdaspeed? I'm sorry, I am new here and i'm sure there's somewhere I can click to find numbers no?? I had no idea there was a Mazdaspeed CAI for the Mazda 3, I knew there were Mazdaspeed aftermarket products but I was thinking only accessories such as shift knobs etc. Thank you Blackman for your information regarding the Injen CAI, I'm assuming it's expensive. My brother has a p5, he was thinking of getting an Injen CAI but it's quite alot.

Sorry again guys, I have *accidentally* tested the limiter on the mazda 3, this was a couple weeks ago on the 401 around 10:00pm. I'll never do it again(limiter stopped me around 180) however I'm also interested in doing an ECU upgrade in the future. How much is the Microtech stand alone ECU going for?

Again I appreciate everybodies support and there a mazda 3 meet-up coming soon? :)

Ken

b
10-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Hey you guy's are great,
I appreciate all the information you've gave me and I'm most certainly going for a CAI. I will contact you patrique with regards to the CAI, does anyone know how I would be able to contact Joe if i'm interested in the Mazdaspeed? I'm sorry, I am new here and i'm sure there's somewhere I can click to find numbers no?? I had no idea there was a Mazdaspeed CAI for the Mazda 3, I knew there were Mazdaspeed aftermarket products but I was thinking only accessories such as shift knobs etc. Thank you Blackman for your information regarding the Injen CAI, I'm assuming it's expensive. My brother has a p5, he was thinking of getting an Injen CAI but it's quite alot.

Sorry again guys, I have *accidentally* tested the limiter on the mazda 3, this was a couple weeks ago on the 401 around 10:00pm. I'll never do it again(limiter stopped me around 180) however I'm also interested in doing an ECU upgrade in the future. How much is the Microtech stand alone ECU going for?

Again I appreciate everybodies support and there a mazda 3 meet-up coming soon? :)

Ken

It wasn't that bad... I am assuming it is in the same ballpark for the Injen, AEM and Mazdaspeed. CTA will hook you up.

To contact Joe. Send a PM to "FlipDaddio" that is his handle. To do that. Find a post that he has placed & click on his name. Then go to the bottom where it should say "Send this member a private message"

Mazda meet? Near Oakville? Tomorrow night a few of us are going to: http://xsorbit30.com/users5/torontomazda3den/index.php?topic=586.0

Hope that helps.

sbmonkey
10-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Microtech EMS at NSN Motorsports: http://www.nsnmotorsports.com/index.php?cPath=30_32

majic
10-26-2006, 02:04 AM
sliiiightly off topic..

1st gear redline - 55-60kph
2nd gear redline - 100kph
3rd gear redline - 145kph
4th gear - top speed of 188kph at ~6300rpm
5th gear - top speed of 188kph at ~4900rpm

give or take a few

Chuckie
10-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey you guy's are great,

Ken

as stated you can pm him (flipdaddio) (sp? but ya.. you get the point.. just click on pm in any of his posts)
direct parts number = 416 - 642 - 1333? (need confirmation)
or you can call mazda of toronto at 416 - 642 - 7777 and ask for joe.

http://www.mazda.ca/files/2006MazdaspeedBrochure_Eng.pdf this is the link to the mazdaspeed accessories brochure. Some items listed at the CAI, exhaust, springs, camber kit, coilovers. Enjoy!

Kevin@nextmod
10-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Injen will give you the best sound but again its pricy
AEM is a tad cheaper from Injen, not as loud as the injen makes but still good
MS best bang for the buck, and its based on the AEM.
K&N typhoon can change from short ram to cold air
Simota short ram
theres a few more but i forgot the others

Remember that AEM and typhoon i believe is sorted out to manual or auto so state which one you drive.
Injen fits both
simota fits both
MS fits both i believe. IF not please correct me.

ksukh
10-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Man you guy's are honestly the best,
You've given me more then enough information and links to everything I need. I kinda missed that meet-up in Oakville cause of work. I would like to go to the next one however. Is the MS a short ram or Cold air?? I'll start making phone calls tomarrow. Pearl_Hatch, I have the exact same model as you in a 5spd. I think I found the very last snowflake white pearl in Ontario for the 2006. I'm hoping i'll be able to meet all of you at the next meet-up. Again thank you all very much for your support. I'm so happy that there is a Toronto Mazda 3 Forum :D

Chuckie
10-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Man you guy's are honestly the best,
You've given me more then enough information and links to everything I need. I kinda missed that meet-up in Oakville cause of work. I would like to go to the next one however. Is the MS a short ram or Cold air?? I'll start making phone calls tomarrow. Pearl_Hatch, I have the exact same model as you in a 5spd. I think I found the very last snowflake white pearl in Ontario for the 2006. I'm hoping i'll be able to meet all of you at the next meet-up. Again thank you all very much for your support. I'm so happy that there is a Toronto Mazda 3 Forum* :D

When did you get your pearl white? I asked for the pearl (which was the first choice) and arctic (second choice).
An arctic was found... You are driving my car damnit!
lol.. but anyway... The mazdaspeed is a cold air intake. It supposedly is derived from the AEM one, but again. from personal experience, for some reason it has alot more grunt(sound) than the AEM.

so in conclusion.. doooo eeeiiitt.. you know you want the mazdaspeed.

doughboyr6
10-28-2006, 08:32 AM
shannonville is a pretty fun track (interesting layout, especially long track)...but it's a flat track, no elavations at all, which kinda makes it dry....the 2.5 hrs drive away from oakville is crazy...i had to wake up at 5am to get to the track for 8am trackdays. and now i hate it more as i dislocated my shoulder in T4 nelson last year....

i've tried all the configurations except for pro track....and even the longest straight (fabi back) is not long enough for the M3 to get up to speed...my bike will hit about high 190 to low 200 before i have to brake (we tape up our speedos, so that's why i don't know exactly, i barely make it into 6th gear, before i brake).

To test the M3 top speed, Mosport Big track will be a good one....the back straight is very long, at least 2kms....i know i hit over 250 on that back straight....

jdanielsg
10-28-2006, 11:22 AM
contrary to what others may say abot being too safe. I have the mazdaspeed CAI which comes with the splash/heat/drip shield whatever that is. I also bought a Injen Hydroshield to go over the filer and i have never looked back. I have never got water issues CEL etc.. even though i had to go through a huge deep pool the other day and with car washing etc.. some people experience cel issues even when they wash their car.

My advice if you get a CAI, you HAVE to get the Injen Hydroshield no buts about it. Its $20-30 worth of anit-headache :) Its means for the filters so some people say it restricts airflow etc I would think is hogwash :) If they made it, it cant be that bad. Get the Injen one though.

monty9991
11-01-2006, 08:34 PM
i tried its my 3' top speed... probably 3 times...
n i made a video of its 1ce.. the mazda guys r ture.. it dosnt goes above 188km/hr..
i tried it on hwy 403 while comming back form burlingotn to mississauga..
chk this video out..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GLBfJm4e9L4

it touches 188 .. but comes back... then i slowed down coz of sum stupid guy in front....

i wish there was no speed limiter, n i cud beat the acura guy the other day...
as i was goin to work on sat to burlington, but he fled away at 200 >:( ....

Chuckie
11-01-2006, 08:46 PM
i tried its my 3' top speed... probably 3 times...
n i made a video of its 1ce.. the mazda guys r ture.. it dosnt goes above 188km/hr..
i tried it on hwy 403 while comming back form burlingotn to mississauga..
chk this video out..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GLBfJm4e9L4

it touches 188 .. but comes back... then i slowed down coz of sum stupid guy in front....

i wish there was no speed limiter, n i cud beat the acura guy the other day...
as i was goin to work on sat to burlington, but he fled away at 200* >:( ....

Im sorry, but people like you should have their licenses taken away.
You slowed down because there was some "STUPID" guy in front?
you know why there are people infront of you?
because you are going atleast 60km/h faster than they are IN TRAFFIC.
I find it scary that you were coming up on cars that fast while you had part of your attention diverted to taking the video.
You have no right to call someone who is using the road properly a stupid person.

Secondly, you raced an Acura, I am going to go ahead in assuming you topped out because you said he was at 200.
I am assuming since you're going to work on a saturday, there is again traffic on the roads.

I am strongly opposed to idiots who street race.
-Chuckie

/rant

edit: however I will congradulate you on taking a more steady video than the other one posted on youtube.

monty9991
11-02-2006, 05:43 PM
yup..u r rite.. i shudnt call the guy "stupid".. my bad...i apologise...

Chuckie
11-02-2006, 06:05 PM
sorry about that.. i went off on you.. i just don't like people who do that.

monty9991
11-02-2006, 09:14 PM
sorry about that.. i went off on you.. i just don't like people who do that.

thats ok bro... u r rite on ur part... no worries...

Chuckie
11-02-2006, 09:30 PM
glad to hear.. =)

FLIPDADY
11-03-2006, 10:29 AM
So who was the "stupid" guy again?

The one doing the speed limit or the one breaking it endangering his and other people's lives? ::)

invisibleCK
11-03-2006, 11:05 AM

The one doing the speed limit or the one breaking it endangering his and other people's lives? ::)

Another theoretical question that drivers had been asking since the beginning of cars....LOL

Jeff-TheBiz
11-03-2006, 03:29 PM

Another theoretical question that drivers had been asking since the beginning of cars....LOL

Rule of thumb from long ago..

Anyone going slower than you is Stupid. Anyone going faster than you is crazy.

majic
11-03-2006, 03:36 PM

Rule of thumb from long ago..

Anyone going slower than you is Stupid. Anyone going faster than you is crazy.

http://www.soweirdproductions.com/wp-images/blog-images/051220_snail.jpg

Jeff-TheBiz
11-03-2006, 03:43 PM

Nice, reminds me of the seen from Hoodwinked, where the tree falls near the turtles and they both yell "RUN"

Priceless...

Chuckie
11-04-2006, 07:46 AM

*thumbs up*

ksukh
11-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Hoodwinked was a great movie,
now this is probably off topic, that video you posted where you went to 188 km/h.....I would never do that again however the first/only time i did it...I swear to you guys that my car let off below 188 km/h. I didn't even reach 185 km/h.....can anyone explain that?? I'm being honest...keep in mind that my car is purely stock and has no mod's whatsoever. My car let off at 182 km/h.....I'm never trying it again because I've learned my lesson but is it because maybe my car hasn't been driven hard? ???I bought it with 11,000 clicks on it...supposedly it was an old guy driving it before who claims he's not a hard driver. Anyways...it's not a big issue but just curious that's all. I don't want anybody else testing this! That video was more then enough for me.

Ken

HYPER GEAR
11-09-2006, 07:39 PM
how`s everyone with a ms cai with fuel mileage? Did it went up or down?

DrunknFoo
11-09-2006, 08:20 PM
how`s everyone with a ms cai with fuel mileage?* *Did it went up or down?

After intake install, Im getting a few more KMs/L but nothing too drastic.
But after the exhaust I'm definately seeing more efficient numbers.

b
11-10-2006, 12:33 AM
how`s everyone with a ms cai with fuel mileage? Did it went up or down?

After intake install, Im getting a few more KMs/L but nothing too drastic.
But after the exhaust I'm definately seeing more efficient numbers.

Well... I had the cai and didn't notice much... just installed an exhaust... I'll let you know if I see anything better...

MAZDA Kitten
11-10-2006, 08:40 AM
I noticed a huge improvement when I had my Vibrant put on...

Without it I was getting just a little over 300 at half tank; on a good day I've hit 350/360 at half tank but normally its around 330-340 :)

b
11-10-2006, 12:26 PM

Without it I was getting just a little over 300 at half tank; on a good day I've hit 350/360 at half tank but normally its around 330-340 :)

Wow that is much better than I expected to hear... I thought it would be 5 or 10km's better... Good to know.

wtom
11-10-2006, 02:48 PM

Wow that is much better than I expected to hear... I thought it would be 5 or 10km's better... Good to know.

I've heard she drives A LOT less aggressively as most of us do. ;)

MAZDA Kitten
11-10-2006, 03:19 PM
You shattap your face
I dont granny drive my car

407 every morning you gotta keep up with the flow of traffic at 140ish and even coming back; other than that I am stuck in bumper to bumper and some city

Trustttttttt meeeeeeeeeeee

wtom
11-10-2006, 03:45 PM
You shattap your face

I didn't say you did. :D

CoolColombian
11-11-2006, 02:26 AM

Well, i definitely have to take my car in for some inspection, I have K&N CAI, Vibrant exhaust and don't drive as fast as MK does ;D, anyway, I'm getting 200 - 220 km max with half a tank and I've being driving very moderate to get more L/KM out of every fill up but nothing seems to work for me.

And after i reach half tank the rest goes in a blink. :-\

MAZDA Kitten
11-13-2006, 11:16 AM
You shattap your face

Oh sorry that is what majic always acuses me of :D

majic
11-13-2006, 11:31 AM
You shattap your face

Oh sorry that is what majic always acuses me of :D

until you prove me otherwise or swap the car with me :)

ksukh
11-14-2006, 10:20 PM
So overall,
Intake + Exhaust has been improving everyones gas mileage? Well that's really good. Everyone has the vibrant exhaust?? I thought magnaflow was one of the best. Is the vibrant deep and throaty? When's the next meet-up by the way?

sbmonkey
11-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Intake + Exhaust has been improving everyones gas mileage?
Your more than likely to have a lead foot because you want to hear the noise and then your gas mileage suffers. ;)

Skarbro
11-15-2006, 05:25 AM
Intake + Exhaust has been improving everyones gas mileage?
Your more than likely to have a lead foot because you want to hear the noise and then your gas mileage suffers. ;)

+1

Intake and exhaust improve gas mileage because you get more HP per L of gas. But people think they get lower gas mileage because they tend to step on the gas more to hear the noise.

Never Enough
12-08-2006, 10:38 AM
If you could force yourself to drive the same as you did before the mods, your mileage will increase.....but I dont know anyone with that sort of self control...lol.

3GFX
12-08-2006, 11:42 AM
All I know is the cold weather is defintly decreasing gas milage. More fuel is being dumped into the engine to compensate the dense air.

SABIO
12-10-2006, 09:09 PM
All I know is the cold weather is defintly decreasing gas milage. More fuel is being dumped into the engine to compensate the dense air.

NO! It's becuase you idle your engine more... and with the heat blasting you rev it higher too.

The sensors in the engine compensate for more fuel.

So what you are saying is... If I pumped hot air into my engine I will get 1000km a tank?? warm air ..less dense...less fuel..more mileage?? RIGHT?

MidnightSpeed
12-11-2006, 11:15 AM
My last tank, I got about 400 kms right up to empty.

3GFX
12-11-2006, 03:01 PM
NO! It's becuase you idle your engine more... and with the heat blasting you rev it higher too.

The sensors in the engine compensate for more fuel.

So what you are saying is... If I pumped hot air into my engine I will get 1000km a tank?? warm air ..less dense...less fuel..more mileage?? RIGHT?

Yes but air conditioning takes more power than a heater.

but alas, touche

Wild Weasel
12-11-2006, 03:25 PM

It's more than this.

At cold temperatures, the oil gets thicker and more difficult to circulate. This is a further drain on the powertrain as it has to work to turn the pump.

All these things add up to reduce the mileage in the winter. I expect that once the oil is warmed up and you're just cruising on the highway, the mileage should be the same as it always is.

Unfortunately, most of the time you make small trips where the oil never fully warms up so your overall mileage is much lower.

3GFX
12-11-2006, 03:30 PM
See thats the thing Wild, about a month ago I went to Kingston and got about 275KM on half a tank. That was booking it also. The temperature was till above 15 degrees.

About two weeks ago when it was about 0 out, I made the same trip, going slower on average. I managed about 220KM on half a tank.

I couldn't believe it because I was driving slower, and there wasn't any stop and go traffic.

Might have been a fluke.

(PS filled up at same pump as always, topped to the very brim)

Wild Weasel
12-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I posted in another thread about mileage here noting the same sort of thing.

For some reason, both this year and last year around this time I had a very noticable drop in mileage. Then it went back to normal.

I wonder if it's possible for the car to have to relearn it's parameters when it gets cold or something. That's just idle speculation, but it would account for both instances.

Start keeping a log of how many miles you drive and how much gas you put in at each fill-up. It can be surprising useful.

I've been doing it for a while now so I can know right away when something is out of the ordinary.

benny888
12-14-2006, 09:18 PM
sliiiightly off topic..

1st gear redline - 55-60kph
2nd gear redline - 100kph
3rd gear redline - 145kph
4th gear - top speed of 188kph at ~6300rpm
5th gear - top speed of 188kph at ~4900rpm

give or take a few

my mazda3 2.3 l 2nd geaR can up to 120km/h @ 69xxrpm

wth ?? my car 2.3l mazda3 stock 370-385 FULL TANK ????

3GFX
12-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Could be the pedal Benny ;-)