PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Fluid??

Indusbreed
12-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Yesterday as i was topping up the windshield washer fluid, i noticed that the Power Sterring fluid compartment was absolutely dry. I am positive there is no leakage ( checked the Garage and work ).

Should i call the stealership and give them my piece of mind as they were not so diligent in topping up the fuilds as per service/maintenance service( had the service done last month) or should i go ahead and top it off myself.

Thanks
IB

Wild Weasel
12-11-2006, 11:16 AM
I'd have it looked at.

Power steering fluid doesn't get consumed unless there's a problem. It's not something that should need to be topped up.

FLIPDADY
12-11-2006, 12:22 PM
The fluid level should be between empty and full. So yours is dry?

Is your P/S working okay? Sounds like it just needs to be topped up. Use the regular ATF fluid.

Indusbreed
12-11-2006, 12:42 PM
The fluid level should be between empty and full. So yours is dry?

Is your P/S working okay? Sounds like it just needs to be topped up. Use the regular ATF fluid.

Hey Joe,

Yes, the Fluid level was bone dry yesterdfay when i checked it.
The P/S is working fine but i could feel some resistance while taking very sharp turns.

Skarbro
12-11-2006, 01:20 PM
It shouldn't be leaking at all. I would keep a very close eye on it if I were you.

sbmonkey
12-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Get it checked out. The power steering is a closed system and should not need to be topped off or lose fluid like that. Even if you lose p/s, it'll help you build up some muscle. :D

Indusbreed
12-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Get it checked out. The power steering is a closed system and should not need to be topped off or lose fluid like that. Even if you lose p/s, it'll help you build up some muscle. :D

LOL.

I will be taking this to the dealer to check it out why the P/S fluid is getting evapourating in thin air.

CAN ANYONE CHECK AND LET ME KNOW THE DEFAULT LEVEL OF IT.

Thanks

Flagrum_3
12-14-2006, 04:23 PM
LOL.

I will be taking this to the dealer to check it out why the P/S fluid is getting evapourating in thin air.

CAN ANYONE CHECK AND LET ME KNOW THE DEFAULT LEVEL OF IT.

Thanks

Not trying to be an asshat but, there's something that comes with every new car..its called a Owners Manual....take the time to read it, its very informative.

Thank-you,

_3

onetwo3
08-13-2007, 02:40 AM
I prefered change power steering fluid at a certain period. change new power steering fluid will make the steering stiffer.

Elder_MMHS
08-16-2007, 12:56 AM
The default level is at the FULL mark. On colder winter days, I have observed the level dipping as much as 20% under FULL. When I tracked my car recently, it was about 10 - 20% higher than full due to the afternoon heat and running the car hard. So there is some fluctuation, but it should otherwise always be at FULL.