PDA

View Full Version : Deck Question

06Touring3
12-12-2006, 11:33 AM
I was wondering, I was just reading blackman's post about his new deck and i saw a picture below of his set up with the black piece around his deck (takes up the spare space from where the stock deck sat).

Where can I get one of those, because I would love to swap out my deck with a new one but I'm unsure where to get that.

Also can the red LCD screen stay and still use the INFO functions and such?

Broli
12-12-2006, 02:57 PM
i didnt see his picture
but i will guess he has a metra kit

u can get em at bestbuy, 2001, future shop, and most audioshops as well

there are some mods nowadays for keeping ur trip computer?
not sure what they are, maybe someone else will chime in on that!

royroy
12-12-2006, 06:26 PM
i didnt see his picture
but i will guess he has a metra kit

u can get em at bestbuy, 2001, future shop, and most audioshops as well

there are some mods nowadays for keeping ur trip computer?
not sure what they are, maybe someone else will chime in on that!
i was reading M3F... and i heard that there is this kit call the kanatech in japanparts.com... and is suppose to be really nice and i think that keeps the original trip computer.. but is like 130bucks -.-

b
12-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Hey. I picked up my kit from a store in burlington called keiths stereo. I know best buy had one for $5 more too.

Here are the pics again. I think I paid 30$ for the kit. Took 3 mins to install :)

Only thing with my kit is you can't keep the lcd screen unless you cut the top part that blocks where the lcd used to be.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k233/blackman99/deck.jpg

royroy
12-12-2006, 06:56 PM
hows the color match with the kit.. the only thing worries me is the color match ><

b
12-12-2006, 07:06 PM
hows the color match with the kit.. the only thing worries me is the color match ><

Mine looks perfect. Excellent colour match. Not sure how the best buy one matches up...

royroy
12-13-2006, 01:57 AM
is there another kit that allows double din?