PDA

View Full Version : Nice article involving MoT in today's Star

Skarbro
01-20-2007, 10:46 AM
I scanned this with text-reading software. It starts out with a complaint, but is a testament to MoT's dedication to satisfying customers.

How do you know if rustproofing done?

Mazda3 buyer unsure he was getting what he paid for, so dealer took action to meet his expectations

Yourbeef
ERIC LAI

Q
I recently bought a new Mazda3 sedan from Mazda of Toronto, with added dealer rustproofing.
But on delivery, almost no rustproofing material appeared to me to have been applied.
The service manager was very understanding.
We agreed that I would return with the car and he would see to the repairs personally.
That work was completed, but I still couldn't feel any rust-proofing material
The service manager was most apologetic and immediately re-
turned the car to the service bay.
A short time later, he invited me to the service area to inspect the car before I took it away.
I gladly accompanied him.
The shop foreman completed the procedure in a few moments on areas I was still not satisfied with.
How can a customer be sure the rustproofing they have paid for has been applied?
Frank Kutas, Toronto

A
Rick Boudreau, general manager of MazdaofToronto, 6167 Yonge St. (www. mazdaoftoronto.com, 416-642-7777), replies:

Thank you for the opportunity to respond.
It is very important to us that all our customers are happy with the outcome of each visit to our Mazda store.
Mr. Kutas was not satisfied with the rustproof application on his new Mazda3.
Rather than dispute matters of contention, we took care of meeting this customer's expectations immediately.
We apologized to him for his inconvenience and provided a courtesy vehicle. Rustproofing material was reapplied at the locations specified by Mr. Kutas, and a complimentary oil and filter change was done.
The information exchange was mutually cordial, and we believe that he is completely satisfied.

Eric Lai adds:

The dealership listened to the customer's concerns and per-
formed all remedial actions re-
quested at no extra cost, throwing in a free oil change.
In general, rustproofing material of the light-oil type is sprayed on, left to creep into crevices, then washed off exteri-
or surfaces to prevent staining clothes or driveways.
So if it's possible that rustproof-
ing material may not be detectable in all areas after applica-
tion.
Kelly Hughson, a Rust Check franchisee at 777 Dundas St. W., Mississauga (905-566-7878), services my vehicles.
He offers both the regular light-oil spray or a thicker, coloured rustproofing oil spray for the underbody.
The latter stays dark and clearly discernible between annual applications.
Many customers find this visually reassuring, Hughson notes, though both products resist corrosion.
Tom Maher, a Ziebart Tidy Car franchisee at 650 Markham Rd, Scarborough (416-289-3433), says that in addition to the company's standard rustproofing oil, a darker underbody formu-
lation is also offered by Ziebart outlets.
Once again, the main aim is to satisfy customers' visual expectations.

Jeff-TheBiz
01-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanx for Posting this Ken,

I remember this client myself..

MPS
01-20-2007, 02:00 PM
yaa it was me <<<<<<<<<<

oasis100
01-24-2007, 12:10 AM
Sounds great and all, but isn't getting it right the first time better?
How many people you think don't inspect if they got proper rustproofing?

TheProfessor
01-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not so sure that it wasn't done correctly the first time, but rather the customer wasn't 'sure' because he couldn't see it for himself.

Skarbro
01-24-2007, 02:08 PM
+1

That's the way I read the article.