PDA

View Full Version : vacuum guage question

blue3
02-12-2007, 10:01 AM
I was interested in installing a vacuum gauge and was wondering if should tapp into the vacumline that runs from the intake manifold , or shud i tap into the intake manifold itself , cause it has a nipple on the top of the fourth intake?

Wild Weasel
02-12-2007, 10:51 AM
What do you need a vacuum gauge for??

majic
02-12-2007, 06:27 PM
wants to know how well his car sucks?

/bad joke..

blue3
02-12-2007, 06:37 PM
in your guys opinoin , is it woth installing?

Wild Weasel
02-12-2007, 09:26 PM
In my opinion, for what it's worth, no. :)

All the vac gauge is really telling you is how open your throttle is. You should be able to tell this by how hard you're pressing the go pedal. :)

There's really no value to this as a driver. I mean, if you've got a hole in your manifold past your TB or something and a experience a loss of vacuum... well I suppose this gauge will tell you that... but how the hell is that gonna happen??

Having a vac/boost gauge is useful if you have boost. I can't see the need for a strictly vac gauge.

CelestSpeed3
03-22-2007, 10:44 PM
I have a vacuum gauge on my car, all I did was tap an vacuum line. For those who think this gauge is pointless I must say it has saved my ass a few times. I regular take my car apart to change/modify/create something new, and I have forgotten to do up some vacuum lines, the gauge will indicate that, as well as you can see what your throttle input is and I have found this easier to drive in a manner that saves gas. The gauge I have is a vac/boost gauge and it's fun when people ask about my turbo. LOL.

blue3
03-22-2007, 10:59 PM
hey , care to share which vac line u tapped into ?

CelestSpeed3
03-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Well it's easy for me to tell you but since you don't have a 3.0L V6 under your hood it won't do you any sense. The next time I'm at a meet I"ll look at another member's car, or your own and show you which one would be best. I used the one that goes to the airbox, basically the easiest one.