PDA

View Full Version : Basic Question Re: Fluid

tacopower
02-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi,

I just picked up my Mazda 3 yesterday (white 2007 GS Sport), and when i went to the dealership to get it, I couldn't see any brake fluid in the reservoir. The salesperson assured me that they die Pre-Delivery Inspection and that everything was fine, but I don't think his forte was mechanical stuff (nor is mine).

Has Mazda started using completely clear brake fluid? (i.e. looks like water)? Or, should I be able to see something in the reservoir when I pop open the hood?

Thanks,
TP

Wild Weasel
02-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Even if it's mostly clear, you should still be able to see it. You've got a transparent reservoir on top of the master cylinder, don't you?

Skarbro
02-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Carefully open it up after completely wiping the area clean. Then look inside. :)

Wild Weasel
02-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Is it not transparent? On mine, it's a translucent white reservoir so you can just tap it with your finger and see the fluid moving around in it.

Skarbro
02-12-2007, 03:07 PM
I can't recall offhand. I know it's at least white. I think you can see through it, but I can't remember.

MajesticBlueNTO
02-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi,

I just picked up my Mazda 3 yesterday (white 2007 GS Sport), and when i went to the dealership to get it, I couldn't see any brake fluid in the reservoir. The salesperson assured me that they die Pre-Delivery Inspection and that everything was fine, but I don't think his forte was mechanical stuff (nor is mine).

Has Mazda started using completely clear brake fluid? (i.e. looks like water)? Or, should I be able to see something in the reservoir when I pop open the hood?

Thanks,
TP

did you drive off with the car? were the brakes working as they should?

if you made it home safely, chances are that it is fine. if in doubt, open the reservoir cover and take a quick peek inside.

you can see through the reservoir, but it is very hard to see new fluid... you will definitely notice fluid that darkens over time.

MZ3_GS
02-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Its yellow and looks like pee.