PDA

View Full Version : Prima Mazda experience (Sales)

Kab00m
02-14-2007, 09:37 AM
I thought I'd share my experience dealing with Dennis from Prima Mazda.

My wife and I were forced to look for another car to replace her other one due to unfortunate situation.

We were hmming and huh between a corolla and mazda3. So we decided to drop by Avante, since it was just south of us, met a salesperson and asked if we can test drive it... afterwards he gave us the figure. We knew approximately how much it was gonna be since we did a build and price from the mazda site, but he never really gave us any discount since it was our first visit.
Anyways, we procede to a Toyota dealer and test drove a corolla, price was obviously a lot less than the mazda.

At this point we were kinda leaning towards the mazda since it had more features on it and the handling a better(more fun).

A couple days later, Avante calls me up to see if we've decided yet on the car. That evening we went back in to see if they can give us a better deal...eventually, about $500 was discounted + free winter mats. Sounds like a good deal, right?
Well, at this point we haven't heard about this forum until my brother-in-law informed us about it and to check it out before making any decisions.

We were perusing the forum and came across Jeff the Biz and Dennis. We decided to drop by MOT and check out the biz.
We arrived at MOT and we were introduced to a salesperson... but unfortunately, he was waiting for another client and told us that some other salesperson will be happy to assist us. While waiting, we were kinda wondering who this Jeff was and somehow we ended up at the back of the showroom and saw his name on the business card and proceded to us if he was the Biz... and sure enough he was and introduced ourselves and explained how we came across his name.
Jeff explained to us that he normally doesn't do the selling part but he didn't mind dealing with us since we got his name from the forum.
We sat and started to get down to business, did some calculations and came up $300 less than Avante... this was getting better and better, I thought. We left thinking about the price and talked about it... we also decided that it wouldn't hurt to get another quote.

Next day, I thought, to save myself a trip, I'd e-mail Dennis from Prima Mazda to see if I can get a quote off of him. I didn't mentioned to him about the other quotes I got. I was worried that he'd ask me to come down and see him, but he got back to me right away with the quote which I found surprisingly $200 lower than the Jeff.
At this time, I got call from the insurance company telling us that we only have another 5 days left on the rental car since a settlement was offered. This really didn't give us much time to shop around some more. I asked Dennis what his hours were and would like to drop by sometime to see him.

On Tuesday evening, we thought we dropped by at Prima Mazda and see Dennis. We had to wait awhile when we got there since he was coming back from training.
We introduced ourselves eventually when he arrived. First impression was that he didn't look like that Elvis picture but he was courteous and professional. We proceded with the deal and asked him how soon can we get the car with the specs we wanted and he mentioned that one has arrived that day and can get it next day if we wanted to... we opted to pick it up on Sat instead... give them more time to get it ready.
I also asked him how this tiptronic? thing works(I drive a manny tran myself) and he gave us a demonstation and letting me test drive a demo car.
Dennis also explained to us about the free oil change if we bring the car back for service at this location. He also threw in the wheel locks.

When we arrived on Sat to pick up the car, he went through all the controls and what they do.. he was pretty thorough, I thought.

Anyways, the overall experience with Dennis was very pleasant, no pressure was placed to buy the car off him. He was kind enough to provide the quote via e-mail which I found very helpful and overall his price was a lot less than the other two dealers.

Thanks Dennis.

And also I want to thank you for this forum for providing valuable informations.

Jeff-TheBiz
02-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Welcome to the club, sorry I couldn't do better this time.

mazidane
02-14-2007, 01:15 PM
So what did you end up with? Sedan? Hatch? Colour? Manual? Auto?

and welcome to the club!

3GFX
02-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Welcome!!!

Kab00m
02-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks.

Ended up with GS, 4AT, silver sedan. The car is basically for the wife, but I'll probably spend more time with it than my own car :hoho

Prima_Deals
02-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Hy Tyson,

I thank you for the kind words I'm glad to have you and your wife as customers of mine. I hope your wife is enjoying her zoom-zoom-zoom

Thanks Again,

Dennis
Prima Mazda