PDA

View Full Version : What exhaust is this...???

monty0501
02-15-2007, 06:17 AM
Hi,

Im thinking of buying an exhaust kit for my car.

Just wondering if anyone knows what this exhaust is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rz-EgfiqDIw

Pricing etc. for the same "sound" i guess:S

I think it sounds really good....

Thanks in advance for any help.

pahecko
02-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Hi,

Im thinking of buying an exhaust kit for my car.

Just wondering if anyone knows what this exhaust is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rz-EgfiqDIw

Pricing etc. for the same "sound" i guess:S

I think it sounds really good....

Thanks in advance for any help.

The guy who posted the vid says it's stock. The noise you hear is the Injen intake.

"Believe it or not, stock exhaust. Its the Injen CAI."

monty0501
02-15-2007, 07:30 AM
What the heck!!!

I dont believe it:S

If so...man Im getting me one of those next month....where do I sign up?

MPS
02-15-2007, 07:32 AM
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=16367

pahecko
02-15-2007, 07:40 AM
What the heck!!!

I dont believe it:S

If so...man Im getting me one of those next month....where do I sign up?

And to think i'm getting it this weekend along with a header + my vibrant exhaust. I'm DEF getting pulled over.

Ah well!

monty0501
02-15-2007, 07:47 AM
damnnn

So I just need the Injen Intake? Do I need anything else? Header etc.???

Please excuse my limited knowledge....whats the header used for?

monty0501
02-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Hey Vlad man....

Ur gonna take all my $$$ h hahaha

How much is install???

Thanks guys.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=16367

MPS
02-15-2007, 08:05 AM
call me when you get back ill take care of you

monty0501
02-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Cool...

call me when you get back ill take care of you

pahecko
02-15-2007, 08:40 AM
damnnn

So I just need the Injen Intake? Do I need anything else? Header etc.???

Please excuse my limited knowledge....whats the header used for?

Depends on what you want. Header is the first part of the exhaust (at least the outside the engine)usually bigger piping, removes the pre-cat = better exhaust flow = better performance (yes simplified explanation.) Though I would think no real point getting it unless you get the rest of the exhaust (Cat-back).

I would suggest the intake first, pick one up for 180 to 300, it'll will increase performance and engine noise ;) shouldn't be more then an hour worth of labor. I'm getting intake and header installed some where around $120 to $140.

monty0501
02-15-2007, 08:49 AM
How much was ur Intake?

Depends on what you want. Header is the first part of the exhaust (at least the outside the engine)usually bigger piping, removes the pre-cat = better exhaust flow = better performance (yes simplified explanation.) Though I would think no real point getting it unless you get the rest of the exhaust (Cat-back).

I would suggest the intake first, pick one up for 180 to 300, it'll will increase performance and engine noise ;) shouldn't be more then an hour worth of labor. I'm getting intake and header installed some where around $120 to $140.

pahecko
02-15-2007, 08:59 AM
How much was ur Intake?

Haven't gotten yet but for Injen I was quoted 335 tax included. But you go cheaper. AEM is a bit cheaper I believe. and the mazdaspeed you can get for about 280

monty0501
02-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Mazdaspeed is cheaper? Im guessing it doesnt sound as good as the clip???

How does the Fujita CAI compare? Mazdaspeed is selling those ones....sorry dont know too much about all this:S

Have you heard it?

Hey Vlad, do you know anyone who has this Intake on already that I can check out??? And someone with the Injen? And no aftermarket exhaust...because of course mine wont have an Aftermarket exhaust on....

pahecko
02-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Mazdaspeed is cheaper? Im guessing it doesnt sound as good as the clip???

How does the Fujita CAI compare? Mazdaspeed is selling those ones....sorry dont know too much about all this:S

Have you heard it?

Hey Vlad, do you know anyone who has this Intake on already that I can check out??? And someone with the Injen? And no aftermarket exhaust...because of course mine wont have an Aftermarket exhaust on....

I'll let you know when I get mine done. Though you'll be hearing injen cai, vibrant header and cat-back ;)

As for the different brands, with any of them you'll hear a difference. The reason is the colder air the intake brings in. Colder air is more dense (hence more of it) equaling a more explosive reaction within the combustion camber and therefore louder.

monty0501
02-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Hmmmm good to know man....

so for each Intake do they write out specs saying what temperature of air it can intake??? Something like that?

I'll let you know when I get mine done. Though you'll be hearing injen cai, vibrant header and cat-back ;)

As for the different brands, with any of them you'll hear a difference. The reason is the colder air the intake brings in. Colder air is more dense (hence more of it) equaling a more explosive reaction within the combustion camber and therefore louder.

wtom
02-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Man, monty sounds like me during the days I started in these forums and hadn't even gotten my car yet hahaha.

To answer a few questions;

The video, yes it's JUST intake (Injen brand), no headers nor exhaust.

In terms of loudness, from quiet to loud;

Stock -> Intake -> Exhaust -> Headers

ie. from stock, get an intake. enjoy that mod for a few days, then add exhaust swap and enjoy that for a few days, then add headers and be prepared to show your license and registration when the cherries show up in your rear-view. :D (read "headers are for off-road use only") /warning Some ppl do all three together at the same time, some do only two. I got exhaust first and then intake shortly after. Pic of my AEM brand intake outta the box;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/wtom/CAI2.jpg

Pic of intake installed;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/wtom/hiddrvr.jpg

You'll sometimes read the above three mods together as I/H/E. It's basically the respiratory system of the car. The more air it sucks in, the more power (relatively) the engine can produce. Same with the more exhaust it can throw out.

The flow is basically;

Outside air -> Intake -> Engine -> Headers -> Exhaust (inclusive of resonator, catalytic converter or cat for short, and muffler

No, each brand of intake does not have different temperatures of air. They all suck in the same air. What's different is the quality of material, the R&D behind the design, and the design of the intake.

Hope that helps!

pahecko
02-15-2007, 11:43 AM
^If that doesn't help, don't know what will! :p

wtom
02-15-2007, 11:52 AM
LOL

Just uploaded the sound clip (http://media.putfile.com/Draxas-Full-Cat-Back-Exhaust-on-Mazda3-Sport) of myself driving home right after installing my Draxas full cat-back system with high-flow cat. This was back in December 2004.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/wtom/f63bc05a.jpg

monty0501
02-15-2007, 12:02 PM
hahah

yea I know man....I gotta get up to speed with all this.....

but thanks guys for all your help.....Im glad I have people I can ask.....

I'll probably be getting an intake next month!

wtom
02-15-2007, 12:24 PM
No probs, Have fun! Don't do mods too fast or you'll end up like bubba1983 - no more mods to do! :)

Slowly and surely ... you'll satisfy the mod itch each time it creeps up. LOL

monty0501
02-15-2007, 12:28 PM
yea thats true.....

thanks for the pointers man!

wtom
02-15-2007, 12:30 PM
You're very welcome!

b
02-15-2007, 12:41 PM
And to think i'm getting it this weekend along with a header + my vibrant exhaust. I'm DEF getting pulled over.

Ah well!

Yes you will! I get pulled over all the time in Burlington/Oakville with an Injen intake and a Vibrant exhaust. :) No ticket yet. Once cops pulled me out of the car to search for weapons & drugs but I am not that type of person, I deep down know it was because of my car being loud. lol.

Wtom, nice write up btw. I don't think it could have been done any better!

pahecko
02-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Yes you will! I get pulled over all the time in Burlington/Oakville with an Injen intake and a Vibrant exhaust. :) No ticket yet. Once cops pulled me out of the car to search for weapons & drugs but I am not that type of person, I deep down know it was because of my car being loud. lol.

Wtom, nice write up btw. I don't think it could have been done any better!

That's crazy. And when you got pulled over, was it "spirited" driving or just cursing?

btw, hows the exhaust tone with the intake vs without?

wtom
02-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Just FYI the police stories have been moved here (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=16558). ;)

b
02-15-2007, 11:48 PM
I had my intake first. So I can't comment on how it sounded diff. All I know is I can't even hear my intake now. Exhaust over powers it.

royroy
02-16-2007, 01:37 AM
anyone installe or heard how the racing beat exhaust sounds like?? i heard it from a clip in M3F... but i wanna hear it in person...