PDA

View Full Version : Parkway Mazda (waterloo) (Service)

Fuman
02-21-2007, 09:44 AM
I only went there for service.
Service quality: 3-4/10
Customer Service kindness: 3/10.

I've been to parkway twice for oil-change cause I couldn't make it back to Avante (I've switched to MOT today). No grease or anything in the interior, the engine bay was ok, a greasy finger print but thats fine. (<-- just one).

BUT when it comes to warranty work, it was a complete disappointment.
I went in to have my windows serviced and to get my trunk fixed (trunk flap stays down when I open it). They "tightened window regulator bolts" (thats what it says on my service sheet). When I got back out in the car, the problem was still there. While, the bolt may be part of the problem, they never double checked this. As for the trunk flap, they never called me back. If they did, I would of at least gotten a voice mail.

The service guy at the desk, doesn't seem to friendly or talkative. The dude with the glasses is worse, I found him so err "straight to the point in a unkind way?". Either way, I didn't find myself as comfortable as I did dealing with Joe/Ali at MOT or Jose at Avante. Compared to my previous experiences, Parkway is a place to avoid. So if your a student at UW/WLU, just come back out on the weekends and avoid parkway.

SoopaBanana
02-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info dude, will be a student at UW next year. Will take this to mind!

Fuman
02-21-2007, 06:13 PM
how many KMs do you have.
I did my 24K KM service at parkway.
They called and said I needed a new air filter (fine, reasonable, my mechanic says its about right). I went like wtf when they charged me for a splasher for like $1 or something like that.

The only good thing there is the courtesy shuttle. The drivers there are great.

kid korea
07-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I bought my 07 mazda 3 gt at parkway mazda month ago. I originally bought a mazda protege there in 2001. This place (waterloo north mazda it was used to be called) was notorious for bad sales dept and service dept. Two or so years ago, the Parkway Ford people took over and started to call this place Parkway Mazda.

I thought twice about buying my 3 there, but I decided to give the new management a shot. I dealt with a dealer named Josh Lance. He was a younger guy, and bit naive and didn't have the experience. But he seemed sincere and felt trustworthy. After negotiations we came to a reasonable number and was ok'ed by the manager. But being new graduate, I reminded him that I should be getting a $500 rebate (I didn't think it mattered since the deal was coming from head office, not the dealership). So Josh went to his manager and came back with a price breakdown paper. Read the breakdown (with all the taxes and the good stuff) the numbers didn't all add up. And when I pointed this out to the dealer telling him the numbers are not what we agreed to, Josh went to the manager and after like 5 minutes, the manager (showing off his arm sleeve tattoo and everything) said "NO WAY" in a rude way. He said, that he gave me enough deals and that he won't be making any money if he sold the car to me. And when I said that he pretty much lied and tried to pull a quick one, he kinda shrugged. I agree, the price was good and all he had to do was tell me that he can't do it, instead of pulling a fast one and lying to me. I ended up buying it from there anyways and the dealer was very apologetic.

What I learned...

1) Waterloo North Mazda, Parkway Mazda, same terrible dealership.
2) Josh Lance is a good dealer
3) That tattooed biker manager was the worse businessman ever. He tried to pull a fast one, and then blamed it on his dealer.
4) If you MUST get service in KW area, go to Kieswetter in Kitchener. I get all my service done there. I agree with the earlier post, the service guys at Parkway are terrible.

GuelphCity
08-16-2007, 10:05 AM
I was just directed to this post and thought I might mention Guelph City mazda for KW residents. I have heard horror stories both in sales and service about a few area dealers and have had a lot of success helping KW/Cambridge people buy cars and service them happily.

If anyone needs anything, please feel free to call me first, in sales, and I will set up a service appointmentfor you, or point you in the right direction if you want to speak to someone in service directly (up front or in back)

Jessica
519-837-3020
jessica@guelphcitymazda.com

hotgo
10-18-2007, 10:36 AM
I take my Mazda3 to Parkway for regular service stuff... but it's because of simplicity, and not because I like them. I purchased @ Kieswetter because the Waterloo North Mazda folks (bought in '04, so predates Parkway Mazda) were shady idiots. But for service, Kieswetter is a bit too far out of my way.

bubba1983
10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
i am done with keiswetter, i don't like wayne there...
i get my OEM parts from parkway...they like me there :D:D

i may have to try the guelph mazda one day....but i don't know, thats way in guelph!