PDA

View Full Version : Sunoco Touchless 8727 Duffrin & Thornhill Woods

Chiburashka
03-07-2007, 09:07 PM
The worst Touchless I have ever been to. Such a POS when the car came out it looked like someone just sprayed it with a hose and didn't bother to do anything else. It didn't even TOUCH the glass under the spoiler, the side mirrors and the inside of the rims. Fan didn't do anything so the car was dripping dirt mixed with soap and water and when it dried it looked identical to what it had before I even took it in through the wash! damn clerk didn't even want to refund my money. AVOID at all cost.

bluntman
03-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Hmm, that's odd. On the two occassions that I used their car wash I have never experienced what you experienced. The only thing I don't like about their car wash is that they use a rail to guide your car through the wash. The one on Rutherford just east of Dufferin, also a Sunoco, keeps your car in a stationary position and the nozzles move around your car.

TheProfessor
03-08-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm very fortunate to have two Esso touchless washes very close to my condo that do an excellent job........maybe give Esso a shot?

majic
03-08-2007, 09:18 AM
499 points FTW!

PhantomPurple_07
03-08-2007, 09:33 AM
+1 for Esso

I try to avoid any other touchless car wash or the soft touch washes too. I went through one and it put a few scuffs on my car, but I didn't notice for a few days...almost wanted to cry

Nextmod
03-08-2007, 09:42 AM
hand wash FTW.

but ya its worst on a white car lol thats why I need to hand wash

Kevin@nextmod
03-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Sunoco is the best touchless up here in markham. Stupid 599 points at esso is a rip off. But warm weather is coming up and my hand washing is going to start again.

Broli
03-08-2007, 10:15 AM
around me
esso is the best touchless

i prefer the handwash also . . but in the winter sometimes it is just about removing the salt!

majic
03-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Sunoco is the best touchless up here in markham. Stupid 599 points at esso is a rip off. But warm weather is coming up and my hand washing is going to start again.

499 ;)

and nothing beats a coin op! but when it's too cold i use the points accumulated throughout the year and rinse off the nasties..

Chiburashka
03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
The sunoco on Hwy 7 and Younge is really good, that's the one I always go to. I just decided to see how this one was because it's closer to my house. Never been dissapointed with the Sunoco on Younge and 7.

bubba1983
03-08-2007, 05:52 PM
i did a handwash in january...that did me for this winter!!

S.F.W.
03-08-2007, 09:18 PM
The sunoco on Hwy 7 and Younge is really good, that's the one I always go to. I just decided to see how this one was because it's closer to my house. Never been dissapointed with the Sunoco on Younge and 7.

don't think you mean yonge and 7, that one doesn't have a car wash. 7 and hightech does..

chu
03-08-2007, 11:31 PM
never go with touchless, have had bad experience with it, hand wash FTW

stas
03-09-2007, 01:46 AM
7 and hightech is one i go to, its so far the best one i've been to. for handwash in winter i go to AUTOSPA on centre and 7. 10$ and the job is great never had a problem with them, and the service is good.

Steven
03-09-2007, 05:29 PM
+1 for esso

rsquared
03-13-2007, 05:02 PM
I think you guys are talking about the Sunoco at Hwy 7 and Red Maple (across from the Timmies/Home Depot, same sid as the Staples/Winners. That being said it is the best touchless wash out there, the spray arm covers the entire car. If I remember correctly they have a special at the counter, buy 1 get one 50% off.

S.F.W.
03-13-2007, 06:54 PM
I think you guys are talking about the Sunoco at Hwy 7 and Red Maple (across from the Timmies/Home Depot, same sid as the Staples/Winners. That being said it is the best touchless wash out there, the spray arm covers the entire car. If I remember correctly they have a special at the counter, buy 1 get one 50% off.

That's the one! I just picked up 2 washes today, and yes buy 1 get 1 50% off. The wash is great..the air drier isn't that great..or maybe I just have difficulty geting the timing right..but it rarely drys my entire car..often the mirrors, and rear bumper/trunk area are still wet.

stas
03-13-2007, 08:16 PM
That's the one! I just picked up 2 washes today, and yes buy 1 get 1 50% off. The wash is great..the air drier isn't that great..or maybe I just have difficulty geting the timing right..but it rarely drys my entire car..often the mirrors, and rear bumper/trunk area are still wet.

same here, but i think its the problem of the design, as it happens on any touchless wash for me.

WLS ZMZM
04-25-2007, 01:17 PM
thats sad to hear.. the sunoco touchless washes are really good usually.... definitely have to agree with teh whole rail system at sunoco... what a pain in the butt!! but the one at Hwy7 & red maple by home depot is wicked... place does a great job!!! the only downside is everyone in richmond hill knows it.. so on a nice day.. be prepared to wait :D

jedd999
06-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Are there any petro-canadas with a touchless wash? Now with 2 new black cars I am going to need to do a lot of washing, and I have about 6 years of petro points built up (probably enough for 20 washes or so).

Problem is, all the petro canadas I have gone to have soft cloth, and I have heard horror stories about them. Now I fill up at the new shell station by my house (yonge and highway 7) but I still have all those petro points that have gone unused...

S.F.W.
06-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Are there any petro-canadas with a touchless wash? Now with 2 new black cars I am going to need to do a lot of washing, and I have about 6 years of petro points built up (probably enough for 20 washes or so).

Problem is, all the petro canadas I have gone to have soft cloth, and I have heard horror stories about them. Now I fill up at the new shell station by my house (yonge and highway 7) but I still have all those petro points that have gone unused...

A fellow Richmond Hill'er, nice! I use that Shell or the Sunoco at 7+ high tech is even better.

JonsMazda
06-05-2007, 08:31 AM

I'll take them out of your hands :chuckle

jedd999
06-06-2007, 09:12 PM
A fellow Richmond Hill'er, nice! I use that Shell or the Sunoco at 7+ high tech is even better.

I was filling up at the Sunoco at Yonge and High Tech with my old car, but since they opened the shell, I have heard their gas is better, so I figure I had might as well fill up there. I have heard (have no idea if there is any truth behind this) that different brands have different crap in them and its not so good for the car.

Also, I live on the Yonge side (yonge and bantry) so to drive across to Bayview to fill up when there are 2 perfectly good stations near me is silly...

HBP
11-10-2007, 11:46 PM
whats so bad about the esso 499 points washes?

what else do you kids do with the points?

Nextmod
11-12-2007, 04:00 PM
whats so bad about the esso 499 points washes?

what else do you kids do with the points?

red bull with the points lol

WLS ZMZM
11-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I don't like the car wash at the shell at yonge & hwy7, the station itself is really nice but again the wash uses the rails... and I hate rails...

megaxyu
07-02-2008, 08:29 AM
I live next to the Duff & Summer ridge (not thornhill woods), it was great as far as touchless washes go ... the esso on thornhill woods is crap though...