PDA

View Full Version : Mazdaspeed CAI - Warranty information!!

FLIPDADY
03-22-2007, 02:44 PM
All Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intakes have a BLUE warranty code.

Yes this includes the Mazdaspeed 3 CAI.

bubba1983
03-22-2007, 11:51 PM
and this means....what exactly?

Gizzmo_jr
03-22-2007, 11:54 PM
● MAZDASPEED ”Blue” Performance Accessories
MAZDASPEED “Blue” Performance Accessories must be installed
by a MAZDASPEED Dealer on a Canada specification vehicle and
be specifically approved by Mazda for the particular application.
These parts are covered under the Mazda Replacement Parts and
Accessories Limited Warranty and are warranted for the first
12 months/20,000 km from the date of installation or the duration
of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, whichever is longer. Should
the parts be purchased but not installed by a MAZDASPEED
Dealer, they will be covered for the first 12 months/20,000 km
from the date of purchase, excluding labour charges. Parts or
accessories replaced/installed under warranty, are covered for the
time remaining in the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

bubba1983
03-23-2007, 01:03 AM
oh...kewl

brecker
03-23-2007, 07:59 AM
A big "THUMBS UP" to you sir for getting me that info!!!!!!!!!!

Now - can I go down to your place today and get it installed?? :)

Garu
03-23-2007, 08:18 AM

Flippy thanks for info. How much would it be to buy + install on the spot when I'm picking up the car?
Do you have em in stock?

flyinb22
03-23-2007, 10:16 AM

Thats great news

baymoe
03-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Just to clear any doubts/ifs/buts or my inability to read it correctly, but does the above statement mean that the factory warranty would not be affected whether or not the Mazdaspeed instake is installed by a professional, the factory warranty is still valid? Now, does this also mean it's safe to say that Mazda dealerships will not void car warranties if any intake are found under the hood of a vehicle with engine problems?

Garu
03-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Just to clear any doubts/ifs/buts or my inability to read it correctly, but does the above statement mean that the factory warranty would not be affected whether or not the Mazdaspeed instake is installed by a professional, the factory warranty is still valid? Now, does this also mean it's safe to say that Mazda dealerships will not void car warranties if any intake are found under the hood of a vehicle with engine problems?

I remember reading the line something like installed only by Mazda certified technician. And I don't think it's any intake. Since Mazda Canada is only referring to their Mazdaspeed parts.

JonsMazda
06-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Flippy thanks for info. How much would it be to buy + install on the spot when I'm picking up the car?
Do you have em in stock?

Price for buy + install?

XizorGetspeed
06-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Yes can I get a price + install as well?

FLIPDADY
06-21-2007, 04:06 PM
N/A 3 = $529.23 parts/labour tax included

Turbo 3 = $573.28 parts/labour tax included

MattC
06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
:loco

that cai better come equipped with a grill so you can use it to BBQ steaks while camping for that price.

S.F.W.
06-21-2007, 04:48 PM
:loco

that cai better come equipped with a grill so you can use it to BBQ steaks while camping for that price.
it's the labour costs that really drive the high price. If you look at the base part, it likely isn't drastically higher than third party offerings.

MattC
06-21-2007, 05:40 PM
yeah I know, my CAI was a really quick install too... which makes that labor price crazy.

boogie
07-03-2007, 05:53 PM
These parts are covered under the Mazda Replacement Parts and
Accessories Limited Warranty and are warranted for the first
12 months/20,000 km from the date of installation or the duration
of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, whichever is longer.

How long is the New Vehicle Limited Warranty? I noticed this is the only difference in the warranty between having it installed by a Mazda dealer or not.

Just trying to decide if i'm going to have my CAI installed by my dealer (which he insists is req'd to maintain the factory warranty) or having Jimmy do it for me.

whiteomega
07-03-2007, 09:21 PM
i believe the New Vehicle Limited Warranty is 3yrs/80,000 km. it might be lower on the kms though.

AFAIK (as far as i know), having someone else install your CAI won't void the rest of your warranty, but check with someone else about this. i had Jimmy install mine, but i haven't had to take it to the dealer for any warranty work.

if you do the dealer install, you're looking at somewhere around 2 hours worth of labour ($192 total, at the last labour rate i saw). call Jimmy for pricing.

boogie
07-08-2007, 01:50 AM
i believe the New Vehicle Limited Warranty is 3yrs/80,000 km. it might be lower on the kms though.

So since my car is practically brand new, the warranty on the CAI if it was installed by a Mazda dealer is basically 3 yrs/80,000kms, versus 1 yr 20,000kms if it was installed by someone else?

whiteomega
07-08-2007, 09:03 AM
that's my understanding of the language, yes.

zoomzoom33
07-10-2007, 08:07 AM
N/A 3 = $529.23 parts/labour tax included

Turbo 3 = $573.28 parts/labour tax included

What is the price for the Parts ONLY, this is for the MS3.

Johnny-1313
10-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Hey, Ok so the Mazda 3 Cold Air Intake, is $529
Dose this Intake perform just as well as the aftermarket brands? will it give me gain on my HP just like the other brands do?

Unoriginalusername
10-29-2007, 07:48 AM
What is the price for the Parts ONLY, this is for the MS3.

just buy one used (plug for my fs thread lol - sig) and have the dealer install it if you want the longer warranty

chinamike
11-05-2007, 12:04 PM
How much more HP would this MazdaSPEED CAI add to the GTs? Thanks!

JoeJoe
08-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey Everyone.. I'm picking up my 08.5 M3GT tomorrow and was told that they have discontinued the MS CAI... Anyone give me some suggestions of how I can get a CAI installed without voiding my warranty?

FLIPDADY
08-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Hey Everyone.. I'm picking up my 08.5 M3GT tomorrow and was told that they have discontinued the MS CAI... Anyone give me some suggestions of how I can get a CAI installed without voiding my warranty?
Only one that was discontinued was the CAI for the turbo models.

06Touring3
08-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Installing any CAI will not void your warranty UNLESS it is the direct result of a repair you need (i.e. water gets in the engine via the CAI....you're screwed)

JoeJoe
08-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Sounds Good... Heres my next question... What CAI do you guys suggest for 08.5 GT?

06Touring3
08-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Fujita F5
AEM
Injen
Mazdaspeed

take your pick...you will get lots of different opinions...i personally ordered a SimotaTC and will have it soon

JoeJoe
08-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Whats the trusted site/shop that everyone gets their stuff from?

06Touring3
08-20-2008, 06:36 PM
again take your pick.....the search function works wonders for these sorts of question...

you can check out the sponsors section to find out who they are and shoot them a PM

sites I've looked that are

protegegarage.com
nsnmotorsports.com

maplephin
08-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Installing any CAI will not void your warranty UNLESS it is the direct result of a repair you need (i.e. water gets in the engine via the CAI....you're screwed)

This is a tricky subject regarding warranty and many dealers will tell you that any modification voids the warranty. i.e. "engine blows up but you have aftermarket rims on the car". This may sound a little crazy, but as stated above, the aftermarket part MUST cause the failure.

One of the best resources we have as enthusiasts is SEMA. Many think that their work is only for the U.S., but they have helped us out dramatically here in Canada fighting some archaic laws that would ruin the aftermarket industry for everyone..

For their read on warranties and how it affects aftermarket cars take a look at this link, (yes it's U.S., based but many of these same points have been argued here and won)

http://sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=50096

p.s. one of my favourite lines is about how aftermarket parts aren't as good as the factory. (in some cases this is true) It's interesting that the 'factory' doesn't make most of these parts, but outside companies do. The same companies making 'factory' parts for your car, make the aftermarket parts.

p.s.s. don't every get into this debate with a 'factory' global parts manager, they'll bore you with the company line. Yes, the factory has to provide warranties, but many of the aftermarket companies do the same. This debate will never end, both sides have their views and that's what makes this so much fun!

gar_lei
03-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey guys, I just called my Mazda dealer to ask about the Mazdaspeed CAI. And the dealer says when I install a Mazdaspeed CAI or Clutch it will void my ENGINE's WARRANTY!!! But if I install an Exhaust or Suspension it wouldn't.

Can someone clarify this for me?
Are my dealer's mechanic being an a$$ or what?

yearoftherat
03-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Your answer is post #3...

If there is problems due to the CAI, it is up to the shop to decide if warranty is void even though it was installed by them.

gar_lei
03-03-2009, 03:49 PM
oh damn...
So they could say anything they want basically.

It's funny, they say an MS intake and MS clutch would void it.

But the MS exhaust and MS suspension won't...

boo-ninja
11-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Google this, magnuson-moss warranty act. It should clarify everything. If your dealer gives you grief, bring it up. If they give you more problems, just say thank-you anyways and contact the manufacturer directly explain the problems and mention the act. Hope it helps. I researched it thoroughly before installing SRI on my brand new GT.

mazdaspeedemon3
11-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Google this, magnuson-moss warranty act. It should clarify everything. If your dealer gives you grief, bring it up. If they give you more problems, just say thank-you anyways and contact the manufacturer directly explain the problems and mention the act. Hope it helps. I researched it thoroughly before installing SRI on my brand new GT.

the magnuson-moss warranty act is an american act and will not hold in canada also this thread is 5 years old, most of these members are gone