PDA

View Full Version : is it worth getting the calibers and brakes service?

acint
03-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Hi, I'm wondering if it's worth getting the calibers and brakes service. I had them down at 24k and it costed me 200 bucks because of the excessive brake dust and noise. They offered me the 48k service package but I feel it's sorta ripped of so I declined it. Would that void my warranty? All they do is inspect inspect. If they did find a problem, they would have to replace it one time or the other.
The service guy says brake dusts build up over time and we need to have the calibers re-lubicated and service. should we do it ourself ? :)

active3s
03-23-2007, 06:05 AM
I Do, but then again, depends on the experience. Some of the guys might Igree, but is good is they actualy check your brakes. If there is something wrong with them prior to expiration of warranty, it will benefit you if they find such problem prior so they can fix it with out you paying anything. Then again, depends on the dealer to be honest about it to tell you and take care of you.

Arwork
03-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I had my brake and caliper services done at private garage instead. Save much more money. Plus since I know them well, I can actually see what they do and it was good work. The price is like half the dealership price LOL

Jeff-TheBiz
03-23-2007, 02:43 PM
I had my brake and caliper services done at private garage instead. Save much more money. Plus since I know them well, I can actually see what they do and it was good work. The price is like half the dealership price LOL

Always good to save the money up front, but your private garage cannot put in a warranty claim if something is wrong.

As long as I have warranty, I will let Mazda do my work.

BLKOUT
03-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Always good to save the money up front, but your private garage cannot put in a warranty claim if something is wrong.

As long as I have warranty, I will let Mazda do my work.

My thoughs exactly...let Mazda deal with it.

mf5781
03-23-2007, 06:20 PM
If the services are just inspection, it's better save the money for better use. They would not help you in warranty or TSB claims because most of the time the dealers would say yours are normal wear and tear and not covered by warranty.

Flagrum_3
04-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Like Arwork said take it to a private garage, but only if you know and trust them and make sure the bill details the work done (especially the work which must be done according to the Mazda service schedule) which in this case is greasing the caliper sliders, oil change and lubing all hinges.You'll save some money and with the proper records you'll be safe if warranty work is ever needed.

_3