PDA

View Full Version : meet scheduling

Broli
03-26-2007, 01:33 PM
here is what the original proposal was made up of

1. An annoucement section (similar to the one Xenon had before) will be added and locked threads describing the regular meets will be placed there.

2. Regular meets will be scheduled for the whole season (spring-fall all at once, and winter all at once, changes can be made, with notice) and put in the calendar. This will officialize the meets without officializing the meets.

People will be able to read about the meets in the annoucment section and see the schedule in the calendar.

3. Members will be advised to check the calendar prior to starting an impromptu meet. If there is one scheduled, they will have no need to post one of their own(as a meet will already be scheduled), if there i not one scheduled, they should feel free to set one up on their own.

4. get rid of the named sections and call them (monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, sunday).

5. all regular scheduled (in the calendar) meets will be started by the meet founders in the appropriate day section. Other members will post meets in the same sections, however these will not be on scheduled dates for regular meets, or will be for different regions on the same dates.

6. Meets will be posted in the following format
(Date) Meet name, Meet Location, Time

06Touring3
03-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Broli...

Closing the thread isn't gonna change the issue...and I honestly have no idea y u made it a point to list wut it is u do for the club. We already know u do a lot and that's all good and well. Enough said on that.

And I'm going to answer ur question of where did u support the idea...the following is a direct quote from a post u just made:

"Again, i understand everyones points, majic if you are not aware of this it is because of your choice to not read the thread about it in the committee lounge section.

the way i see it is this

If you start a meet series, it is your event, and i understand if you want to maintain organization of it.

for instance, if you want to change it up, to a different location, or a different time, or to do something different or special, well it is ur meet, so it should be your decision.

here is an example, last summer, masiv mondays altered locations every two weeks for a few months, now, if people other than me were starting the threads, it would have lead to confusion.

It is for simplicities sake, and trust me it will be very easy to start meets under the new policy. a policy that is designed to tidy and organize the meet section more efficiently.

the only reason i didn't post up the explanation and new policy regulations is that i am waiting to hear back about something first"

I'm no mind reader lol....but u clearly state there that "it is for simplicities sake"....thus showing ur support for the bullshit rule. Now i'm not trying to gang up on u or anything cuz personally i like u a lot ur a good guy but u did in fact support it and i'm just answering ur question to Majic as to where u did support it. Because u did.

That being said...i like the voting idea cuz then we can see wut people really think without the hassle of an arugment on the forum. so i second that idea

stas
03-26-2007, 02:20 PM
06touring3 there are 2 things to consider before any poll NOW.

1st. the arguments we had before ie. b4 brolis last post, were valid.
2nd. this new post by broli is what i was hoping this club would do, and we did kinda have it last summer when everyone knew when the meets are happening and we just did a roll call, now this is just more organized. which is a plus.

what i'm trying to say is that i had an issue with sections being named for meets and it seemed that those people that started them are the VIPs of this club, afterall we dont just say "were you at that friday meet?" we do say "were you at that filly friday meet" or aa thursday, or at la paloma. these names because a trademark for the meets not for the people that started them.

and as for justins argument on thurday, alot of the tm3 members are new and no one knows who actually started the meets so they don't know what u meen by "you can expect to see (so and so)". you should have said "its one of the tm3 meets, so you should expect to see tm3'ers(which is anyone that is part of this club new member or old) and their guests"

SpeedBaby
03-26-2007, 02:25 PM
wow so much hassle just to regulate when and how member are supposed to meet?!

i guess things really don't change over years...

stas
03-26-2007, 02:27 PM
wow so much hassle just to regulate when and how member are supposed to meet?!

i guess things really don't change over years...

haha

atleast it gives something to do for now :chuckle

Broli
03-26-2007, 02:32 PM
i mentioned it because, some people seem to think i only come here and whore it up, and they dont have the first clue about what goes on here.

i closed that thread, because it was a meet thread in a meet seciton, i opened a new thread and directed discussion this way.

i think that is an appropriate action. that thread was way off topic (it started as a thursday meet thread)

what i meant is i never supported what u guys were suggesting that I supported the backhanded, fark new members, and segregate the board solution you guys were thinking it meant (by u and u guys i am not reffering to u specifically)

i was in favour of the solution posted above as level middle solution, that while changing very little, would increase meet organization and dissemination.

and i always stated that i understand how the original meet organizers felt, i didn't support the solutions they offered me, but we came together with solution listed above, which as i mentioned i do support.

that doesn't mean i am closed to alternate suggestions that are better.

about a vote, this is an issue that i raised yesterday in the committee lounge

is this an issue best left to a vote of the entire club?
is it worth to poll the club, will we get an accurate representation?
should we leave this up to the committee?

we always have problems with votes, even on key issues, no one really votes (what does a vote of 20 to 5 mean, can 25 people really represent the entire club accurately), hence the committee, they are supposed to represent the community as a whole, we have web guys on it, we have club guys on it, we have those who do both on it.

they were supposed to be making decisions for everyone, however, i have not been happy with thier progress (with some exceptions) to date.

06Touring3
03-26-2007, 02:55 PM
06touring3 there are 2 things to consider before any poll NOW.

1st. the arguments we had before ie. b4 brolis last post, were valid.
2nd. this new post by broli is what i was hoping this club would do, and we did kinda have it last summer when everyone knew when the meets are happening and we just did a roll call, now this is just more organized. which is a plus.

what i'm trying to say is that i had an issue with sections being named for meets and it seemed that those people that started them are the VIPs of this club, afterall we dont just say "were you at that friday meet?" we do say "were you at that filly friday meet" or aa thursday, or at la paloma. these names because a trademark for the meets not for the people that started them.

and as for justins argument on thurday, alot of the tm3 members are new and no one knows who actually started the meets so they don't know what u meen by "you can expect to see (so and so)". you should have said "its one of the tm3 meets, so you should expect to see tm3'ers(which is anyone that is part of this club new member or old) and their guests"

r u really coming at me for my syntax and symantics? gimme a break...

that's basically wut this whole thing is about...scratch that, that IS wut this is about....and it has officially escalated from bieng stupid to no longer being worth discussing...so wutever happens happens...someone is gonna think which ever decision (although we ALL know what that decision is gonna be and already is) that is decided upon is stupid and we can't avoid that so scartch the poll idea...i'm gonna keep it real....i along wiht majic and whoever else (vocally or not) believes the rule is...er.....****ing retarded...aren't gonna win this so wutev...

stas
03-26-2007, 06:07 PM
r u really coming at me for my syntax and symantics? gimme a break...

that's basically wut this whole thing is about...scratch that, that IS wut this is about....and it has officially escalated from bieng stupid to no longer being worth discussing...so wutever happens happens...someone is gonna think which ever decision (although we ALL know what that decision is gonna be and already is) that is decided upon is stupid and we can't avoid that so scartch the poll idea...i'm gonna keep it real....i along wiht majic and whoever else (vocally or not) believes the rule is...er.....****ing retarded...aren't gonna win this so wutev...

sorry you have misunderstood and thought that i'm coming at you, that was no where near my intentions. as anyone on this board knows i have never said anything negative about anyone on this board. yes, there were several heated discussions with some members, but no one has ever thought that someone is getting into someones face or that we would not be able to continue having a coffee at a meet. in addition, why would i be coming at you if we have similar beliefs about this topic???

let me just restate my position on this. i did not agree with the rule with respect to the meet names. howeve, the compromise reached is valid in my view.

the only thing i MUST disagree with many people participating in this discussion is dissing Broli. After everything he has done for this club even if he ****sup majorly i would not say anything bad about him. He is the one that initialized this transfer from .com to .ca. Which Most of the members are happy with, me being part of them.

i believe now this meet topic is dead... so lets drop it.

06Touring3
03-26-2007, 06:29 PM
sorry you have misunderstood and thought that i'm coming at you, that was no where near my intentions. as anyone on this board knows i have never said anything negative about anyone on this board. yes, there were several heated discussions with some members, but no one has ever thought that someone is getting into someones face or that we would not be able to continue having a coffee at a meet. in addition, why would i be coming at you if we have similar beliefs about this topic???

let me just restate my position on this. i did not agree with the rule with respect to the meet names. howeve, the compromise reached is valid in my view.

the only thing i MUST disagree with many people participating in this discussion is dissing Broli. After everything he has done for this club even if he ****sup majorly i would not say anything bad about him. He is the one that initialized this transfer from .com to .ca. Which Most of the members are happy with, me being part of them.

i believe now this meet topic is dead... so lets drop it.

lol a lot of misunderstanding there....i didn't htink u were personally attacking me i guess i just chose my words wrong...but anyway yeah i didn't think it was a personal attack and yeah this topic is dead now

Broli
03-26-2007, 07:04 PM
lol, stas, i was on the committee that did it, it was totally totally totally a group effort!!

i am just the mouthy one!

:P

stas
03-26-2007, 07:06 PM
i am just the mouthy one!

:P

that is the part i was reffering to lol

it was mainly 1-2 months of your tongue looking for a place to rest untill it all happened.