PDA

View Full Version : No more Flippy Friday's

FLIPDADY
03-27-2007, 01:57 PM
As of today there will no longer be a Flippy Friday. I'm doing this mainly b/c I don't want my name associated at a meet where other members or visitors get bashed b/c their rides aren't faster or flashier than someone elses.

It's happened on 2 occasions already and I'm sick of it. So if someone wants to post up a Friday meet then by all means go ahead. Don't put "Flippy" on it.

SIM SIMMA
03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Are you joking or did this actually happen?

TheProfessor
03-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Unfortunately he's not joking.

FLIPDADY
03-27-2007, 02:17 PM
No jokes guys.

WhiteSpeed3
03-27-2007, 02:33 PM
wow cant believe some ppl can accually make fun of some1 elses car who cares whos faster or flashier

SIM SIMMA
03-27-2007, 02:35 PM
that is the ghey.. no seriously that is the ghey.

Some people work their ass off and are happy they can afford a car. In this case a MAzda 3. So what if it isn't a Speed3 or a GT model. Some people don't have the money to mod their car.

Let them be happy if it's stock. Who the fawk cares if it isn't as fast or doesn't have a state of the art audio system. They can love their car just as much as someone who has all that. Fawk my cousin has a GS and it has nothing in it. STOCK and she babies it just like anyone who dropped 10Gs into their car.

Grow up people...

Pimpin_29y
03-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Grow up people...

+1 Sad when the immaturity of the boards get carried over to the meets...

RedRaptor
03-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Those same people with decked out cars probably live at home with their parents with no intentions of moving out OR all their mods are sponsored by Mommy and Daddy Inc. Very sad to hear about this, but props to you Joe for standing up against it. Some people have to realize that most people have a life outside of the car. Some people have family, kids, mortgages and other investments to pay and shouldn't be mad fun of because they couldn't afford 18" aftermarket rims.

Jeff-TheBiz
03-27-2007, 03:09 PM
That just isn't right, although I rarely am able to make it out to meets, I was under the impression that they were an opportunity to chill, get mod ideas/suggests/information.. and generally make a friend or 2.

In the spirit of changing the mood of the meets, Flippy fridays, are now to called Friendly Fridays.

stas
03-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Friendly Fridays.

is that copyrighter Jeff??? lol

rsquared
03-27-2007, 03:26 PM
As of today there will no longer be a Flippy Friday. I'm doing this mainly b/c I don't want my name associated at a meet where other members or visitors get bashed b/c their rides aren't faster or flashier than someone elses.

It's happened on 2 occasions already and I'm sick of it. So if someone wants to post up a Friday meet then by all means go ahead. Don't put "Flippy" on it.

:whoa

Interesting. I haven't yet had the opportunity to make it out to a meet, but I must admit that I'm a little self concious for the exact reason you just pointed out. Of course there are nice TM3ers out there, some who I've met in person already, but there's just no place for this schoolyard stuff.

SIM SIMMA
03-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I always thought meets were there to chill but I guess that has changed. When I first joined this place the meets were all friendly and people were there to check out each other's mods and give suggestions etc. We basically shot the shit. It was a good atmosphere.

For those who feel they have to belittle people at meets because they lack the cosmetics that they have really need to get a life. Look at the deeper issue and realize they are probably the most insecure moes out there. The
"look at me look at me" attitude and "I am better than you because.." attitudes are so transparent it's sad.

Like Red mentioned... most people have other things they might care more about and that are more important. They may have houses or families... those are priority one. The people that feel they have to put down others probably have nothing to show for their lives except a tricked out MAzda...

I thought this was a board for enthusiasts to enjoy a model or type of car or just cars in general... I didn't realize it was high school. I've met some pretty cool people from this place... but some others I could give two shits if I ever saw again.

Broli
03-27-2007, 03:32 PM
this is certainly too bad, i understand not being a fan of someones modifications, but meets are a time to get togehter and get along.
respect that others are happy with and proud of thier cars, be them stock or be them modded.

btw, this is one of the reasons for all the fuss over meet names and such over the last little while.

SIM SIMMA
03-27-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't see how this has anything to do with a name of a meet and making someone feel like shit because their car is not a turbo or doesn't have 18s on them.

IT all sounds ghey to me.

majic
03-27-2007, 03:45 PM
this is certainly too bad, i understand not being a fan of someones modifications, but meets are a time to get togehter and get along.
respect that others are happy with and proud of thier cars, be them stock or be them modded.

btw, this is one of the reasons for all the fuss over meet names and such over the last little while.

WTF dude... the issue was DEAD.. case closed.. why do you have to bring it back up again? need the last word? playing the victim again? not cool.. :complain :loco :bang :flaming

Wild Weasel
03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Would someone elaborate on what happened?

I've only been to one meet a few months back, but everyone there seemed really friendly.

Hell... if people didn't make fun of MY car at a Mazda meet... I figured ANYONE would be safe. :chuckle

SIM SIMMA
03-27-2007, 03:51 PM
yawn.

i'm tired.

my cat's breath smells like cat food.

TheProfessor
03-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Would someone elaborate on what happened?

I've only been to one meet a few months back, but everyone there seemed really friendly.

Hell... if people didn't make fun of MY car at a Mazda meet... I figured ANYONE would be safe. :chuckle

Trust me when I tell you that it isn't worth any more discussion.

Jeff-TheBiz
03-27-2007, 03:55 PM

I guess that the problem.. you don't come to enough meets... :chuckle

Okay, can we all agree that conduct at a meet has to improve?

If so can we hold everyone accountable to try and address a situation as it happens to keep meets a comfortable gathering for everyone?

Thanx..

majic
03-27-2007, 03:58 PM
we have meets?!?!?!?! shit..

Pimpin_29y
03-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Okay, can we all agree that conduct at a meet has to improve?

If so can we hold everyone accountable to try and address a situation as it happens to keep meets a comfortable gathering for everyone?

This is the main reason that we were pushing for the established meets to be organized by original founders/TM3 committee/TM3 staff. So that way the standard of the meets could be maintained in some degree.

TheProfessor
03-27-2007, 04:17 PM
This is the main reason that we were pushing for the established meets to be organized by original founders/TM3 committee/TM3 staff. So that way the standard of the meets could be maintained in some degree.

How could it have been maintained exactly?

Edit: If by 'we' you are referring to the committee, remember that not all of us were or are for the proposal you mention above ;)

06Touring3
03-27-2007, 04:27 PM

You don't actually believe that do u?

A founder member of any meet can make a meet and i could come and make fun of someones car.....whoever started the meet isn't gonna intimidate someone enough to not say something about someone....whoever said wut they said, said it cuz they felt they were bigger than someone....or everyone...who knows....point is that wouldn't change a single thing about someone's shitty attitude and it's a shame they can't just let ppl be....not everyone can afford to put money intot heir cars beyond regular maintenance and gas and payments

Pimpin_29y
03-27-2007, 04:29 PM
How could it have been maintained exactly?

Edit: If by 'we' you are referring to the committee, remember that not all of us were or are for the proposal you mention above ;)

Everyone has an opinion about anything and everything online but until you actually goto one of the recent meets you have yet to see the bullshit that the club meets have evolved into and is turning a number of members off.

3GFX
03-27-2007, 04:31 PM
:whoa

Interesting. I haven't yet had the opportunity to make it out to a meet, but I must admit that I'm a little self concious for the exact reason you just pointed out. Of course there are nice TM3ers out there, some who I've met in person already, but there's just no place for this schoolyard stuff.

Its trully a shame that anyone would look down on another's car.

I can honestly say that in all the meets I've been to all the people here are super friendly, and I never had an issue with my car being good/bad stock or not.

So don't fret new owners and members.

I *heart* TM3 :hawt

06Touring3
03-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Everyone has an opinion about anything and everything online but until you actually goto one of the recent meets you have yet to see the bullshit that the club meets have evolved into and is turning a number of members off.

That may be so but it in no way shape or form justifies what you last said

bluntman
03-27-2007, 04:32 PM
This is the reason why I don't like going to meets anymore. Why don't we all all just whip our dicks and see who wins...same shit. You see on the road, and then I have to see it when I try to kill a couple of hours with people I thought had the same interests? What's the use?

Pimpin_29y
03-27-2007, 04:44 PM
This is the reason why I don't like going to meets anymore. Why don't we all all just whip our dicks and see who wins...same shit. You see on the road, and then I have to see it when I try to kill a couple of hours with people I thought had the same interests? What's the use?

+1 The club was a good venue for awhile to get away and meet people with similar interests this has apparantly changed.

I can't be bothered with these online battles with people that I have never even seen or know nothing about what is being referenced to.

06Touring3
03-27-2007, 04:49 PM
+1 The club was a good venue for awhile to get away and meet people with similar interests this has apparantly changed.

I can't be bothered with these online battles with people that I have never even seen or know nothing about what is being referenced to.

If you can't be bothered y did u make it a point to try and reinforce ur backing of the bullshit meet name rule, even when ur reasoning made no logical sense?

Garu
03-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Man, this is sad. I was all excited about these meetings when I'll finally get my ride...

Pimpin_29y
03-27-2007, 05:13 PM
If you can't be bothered y did u make it a point to try and reinforce ur backing of the bullshit meet name rule, even when ur reasoning made no logical sense?

It doesn't make sense to you because:

A) Your not on the club committee board so you don't see the discussions within that thread

B) You haven't made it to a recent meet so you don't see or know anything which we are referencing to

Does that make any "logical sense"??

FLIPDADY
03-27-2007, 05:36 PM
All I have to say is go to a meet and see for yourself. It's hard enough for me to make a weekly meet and then to have someone turn others away is just pure bullshit.

Those who are posting that don't come out to meets can discuss this amongst themselves.

Locked!!