PDA

View Full Version : Japanparts - Nav Dash console only!!!!!

EvilEric
03-29-2007, 01:45 AM
OMG i found it. Flipping nav without actually having to buy the screen,

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=3889

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=6&car=95&middle=2&small=13

Someone make a replica that doesn't cost 250.

chinsterr
03-29-2007, 08:16 AM
I cant find the price on that website , its too early in the morning !

Wild Weasel
03-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Is there some standard size for screens that fit into this?

3GFX
03-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Very cool, that definitly brings the price down of Navi options.

EvilEric
03-29-2007, 10:34 AM
You can find the price on the main page. I can't seem to find details of the dimenions, if it's phyiscal moving piece or motorized or anything ( i think it's physical). Not many details at all. The main problem is the 240 ish USD + shipping + customs etc. That's alot to pay.

The good thing is you can choose your own monitor or use your existing one.

sp3GT
03-29-2007, 12:01 PM
The retractable box says CA$297.74, still pretty expensive.

2ruSpeed
03-30-2007, 07:44 PM
+1 on the replica.

Looks like it could be made into a storage compartment no? (kinda like the Mazda6)

EvilEric
03-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Yeah it looks like a bread box sort of. Lid goes up and then you flip up your screen?

maxsensation
03-31-2007, 03:57 AM
this depends if the price of 250$ comes with the motor or not, if it does, than this is a really good deal.
i remember somewhere that some mazda6 guy did some wicked writeup on hot to make a motor for the flip screen and make that cubby hole yourself!

SpeedyG
04-03-2007, 12:22 PM
It doesn't come with a motor. It's all manual, you have to flip the screen manually and once in the up position it just locks (has some sort of plastic locking mechanism). I know 'cause I bought it from Japanparts and I have it installed on my car (at Lockdown :) ). I'll try and get some pics for you guys if you want. Another thing is I'm using it with the Clarion N.I.C.E. unit which has a 7" screen. The general look is very nice and very "stock".

Wild Weasel
04-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Well screw that then! :)

That one that Devin sells is motorized, isn't it? If not, then I'm gonna be quite disappointed.

wardgroup
04-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey guys,

has anyone found any concrete info on this unit?

im trying to find an in dash motorized thats just vga for another ICE Unit im building

but im hitting a road block in the 399-599 range

anyone know where i can look for better deals in whole sale

maxsensation
04-03-2007, 07:39 PM
It doesn't come with a motor. It's all manual, you have to flip the screen manually and once in the up position it just locks (has some sort of plastic locking mechanism). I know 'cause I bought it from Japanparts and I have it installed on my car (at Lockdown :) ). I'll try and get some pics for you guys if you want. Another thing is I'm using it with the Clarion N.I.C.E. unit which has a 7" screen. The general look is very nice and very "stock".

how much did the total price come up to? including taxes,ship, ect ect...

Well screw that then! :)

That one that Devin sells is motorized, isn't it? If not, then I'm gonna be quite disappointed.

but the one he sells costs about $700 and the screen isnt touchscreen. it would be a nice deal if it was touch.
Plus i heard that you can build a motor and pully for about $100. So with this consideration, the price for the plastic is reasonable..but still a bit pricey since japarts like to jack up prices....
We can always call on supershyguy to make a replica, since hes pretty good in replicating things!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw i found the guy that made the motor and the custom screen for his mazda6
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=58757&st=30

wardgroup
04-03-2007, 09:44 PM
how much is just the plastic piece that you ordered from JP...all in CAD?

SpeedyG
04-04-2007, 09:21 PM
I can't give you an exact number as it was some time ago but it was around 370 CAD including everything. Be aware that you're going to pay something like 70CAD just in taxes. I got it before Devin got his motorized version so there was no other choice for me at that time.