PDA

View Full Version : Hawk HPS pads or PBR Ceramic pads?

chu
04-04-2007, 01:08 AM
Anyone try the PBR Ceramic pads? Are they good? Which one should I go with? Thanks I need yr advice.

Flagrum_3
04-06-2007, 05:45 AM
A mechanic friend of mine put those on his Hemi truck and loves them, says they brake very strong and linear with no noise, but I couldn't tell you how ones for the 3 would be like.I think most people here are using EBC or Hawk pads.

_3

KeithB
04-15-2007, 07:27 AM
I put them on the front of the Integra for street use.
Love 'em!
Ordering some for the 3.

Mazda3TO
05-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I have them currently on with Magnium Rotors for a year and this combo sucked A$$. Break power is equal to stock, but they generated a ton of noise from the first day i put them on (installed by a Certified Mazda Mechanic, anti-squeel, lube calipers, etc... performed).

Replacing them with Hawk HPS next week. IMO would not purchase again.

3GFX
05-01-2008, 03:09 PM
HPS, totally would recommend. Grippier than stock, less dust, no noise.

Xerox
05-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Note that (I believe) Hawk has HPS and Performance ceramic.

CanadaGTO
05-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Note that (I believe) Hawk has HPS and Performance ceramic.

They only make ceramics for the rears of the regular 3's.

Flagrum_3
05-01-2008, 05:54 PM
They only make ceramics for the rears of the regular 3's.

Anybody here try the Hawk Performance Ceramics on the rear yet? I'm considering them but would like some input if any first!!....they should definitely cure the brake dust problem anyways.

_3

garboui
05-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Anybody here try the Hawk Performance Ceramics on the rear yet? I'm considering them but would like some input if any first!!....they should definitely cure the brake dust problem anyways.

_3

I have put some hawk hps on the rear in the beginning of winter last year. Although because i had my steelies on i didn't know what their brake dust expulsion was like. Well, now with my summers on for a few weeks i can say that these pads produce very little noticeable dust. In fact much less than that stock fronts which already produce almost no noticeable dust if you wash on a weekly basis.

I know when i change my fronts ill definitely be picking up the same!

EDIT: sorry somehow i got the idea that you were asking about the HPS. oh well theres my review of them anyway. lol

Flagrum_3
05-04-2008, 05:37 PM
I have put some hawk hps on the rear in the beginning of winter last year. Although because i had my steelies on i didn't know what their brake dust expulsion was like. Well, now with my summers on for a few weeks i can say that these pads produce very little noticeable dust. In fact much less than that stock fronts which already produce almost no noticeable dust if you wash on a weekly basis.

I know when i change my fronts ill definitely be picking up the same!

EDIT: sorry somehow i got the idea that you were asking about the HPS. oh well theres my review of them anyway. lol

Yeah sorry, I screwed up my original post and had to edit it, I'm looking for input on the Hawk Performance Ceramics, but....thanks anyways mang!

_3

Flagrum_3
06-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Just thought I'd write this here instead of starting a new post!! :)

Yesterday I Installed new Magnum rotors~(drilled, zinc-chromium coated) and Hawk HPS front pads/Hawk Performance Ceramics for the rear,....since there seemed to be no one running this combo, I'll give my first impression of the combo/set-up.

Installation was a snap, no hang-ups or fit problems, I also used the manufacturers recommended break-in procedure~ 8-10 stops from 60kph and 6-8 stops from 80kph, pretty close anyways!!....then 15 minutes cool off time and I was on my way. (I did get an irroneous ABS malfunction light), which cleared after a shut-down and restart.

So far only approx 200 kms on them and the brakes feel perfectly strong, reminiscent of the OEM when new but with a slightly smoother more linear grab.....absolutely quiet, no noise whatsoever! I guess I'll have to wait for the next rainfall to see if they squeal or not, and so far no dust build up from the rear ceramics.

I'll update this post when I get some more mileage on them,~for anyone who might be interested.

Happy so far :)

_3

Nextmod
06-19-2008, 05:20 PM
I have a set of Hawk HPS instock