PDA

View Full Version : Is the Infinity Self-Amplified Subwoofer System (BASSLINK) any good?

vlee
04-08-2007, 11:15 PM
There's a Easter sale on this speaker until tomorrow 9am online only and I want to know if it's good. I like it because it's an all in 1 unit with the self Amp. Since the GT trunk space is limited i thought this would be a good fit to save space. Here's the link: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10084256&catid=11051&logon=&langid=EN#

Regular Price is $299.99 on sale now for $209.99

FEATURES & SPECS
BassLink is a groundbreaking automotive subwoofer. It has been designed to provide the kind of high-performance low-frequency reproduction that used to require big, clumsy enclosures, large amplifiers and complex installation. BassLink requires a mere .75 cubic feet of trunk space yet produces enough bass to wake up the neighborhood.

FEATURES:

200 Watts Class D subwoofer amplifier that provides all the horsepower needed to drive the 10" subwoofer/10" passive radiator combination.

Can be mounted vertically or horizontally using its unique mounting system.

Provides user-adjustable input sensitivity, crossover frequency and bass-boost, allowing BassLink’s performance to be optimized for any installation.

Four low-level inputs provide non-fading bass. Four high-level inputs also provides non-fading bass and the ability to easily interface BassLink with most factory sound systems.

Rigid-polymer chassis withstands the rigors of the road.

http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/products/large/10084256.jpg

3GFX
04-09-2007, 12:06 AM
I've heard good things about it from numerous BMW owners who upgrade there system with this for a little more bass. For the price it can't be beat as a package. Infinity makes good quality stuff to.

But as for this system cranking out as much bass as a decent $500 aftermarket system I doubt it. The amp is only 200watts. From the specs, if you want a little kick this subwoofer will do you fine. Keep in mind anything off a factory deck won't blow your mind or your eardrums.

vlee
04-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the feedback... i guess i should wait till my 3 comes in this tuesday to decide if the factory system is what i need or not... i just want some decent pounding bass sound in the car. I don't car if the car next to me can hear it to our not lol.

Houndskull
04-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the feedback... i guess i should wait till my 3 comes in this tuesday to decide if the factory system is what i need or not... i just want some decent pounding bass sound in the car. I don't car if the car next to me can hear it to our not lol.

the stock speakers are pretty good i mean not like an aftermarket ones but they sound good. if you want more thump then yeah a sub is the way to go but if you just want decent sound stock is ok.

vlee
04-09-2007, 02:15 AM
So does the stock speakers have a little bass in them? Like for example i had a 1991 cavalier before and the stock speakers had some good bass in it.

Chuckie
04-09-2007, 02:23 AM
the stock speaker does have decent bass.

3GFX
04-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Not as much as your old Cav though. The Mazda3 has decent stock tweeters and mids, the sound will be much better in comparison to your Cavalier but the bass production isn't quite as much. Any subwoofer will add to that, it all depends on how much you want and how much you want to spend.

TheProfessor
04-09-2007, 09:43 AM
The Infinity is great for the money, but it won't knock your socks off with mirror rattling bass if that's what you're after. As for the stock speakers, I think they sounded great for the class of car. They're not the greatest down low, but overall a very full sound with respectable mids and highs.

vlee
04-09-2007, 12:47 PM
thanks for the posts guys, good info to know.

vlee
04-23-2007, 02:45 AM
where my sig go?

majic
04-23-2007, 10:59 AM
where my sig go?

it's on THIS post.. you must have unchecked the checkbox "Show your signature" before you posted the other time(s)

chinsterr
04-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Pearl and I went to check out this system a week ago. Decent for bass for the price, esp. if you are looking to conserve room in your trunk !

xg3
04-23-2007, 01:45 PM
I don't what you guys are talking about that the factory speakers are "decent"...
I tried way back to connect a sub to the car with factory speakers changed and amplified, and it still sound like crap.