PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Auto Climate control A/C always on

TB76
04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
It seems whenever I turn the auto climate control on...my A/C light is ALWAYS ON.

It auto selects window/floor ever since I got it in November and the mazda tech said it's because the A/C compressor is on, not the A/C.

Won't this affect gas mileage and compressor life? Shouldn't it only use the compressor until the car gets warmed up?

b
04-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Good question. When I went out with a buddy to test drive an 07 last week I couldn't figure out how to turn it off too. He was drivin so I was playing with the new toys that the 04's don't have.

imthatguy
04-10-2007, 10:21 PM
I just got my 3 yesterday so I'm still a total noob at this, but when the dealer explained everything to me, I took it to mean that because it's auto climate control, it would turn on the AC if necessary for the desired temp. set by the occupants. I don't think it's constantly running, just that it's available as required. I might be wrong though, anybody got the manual handy?

cereal83
04-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I have the 07 and the A/C light won't turn off as long as it is on auto. It will blow on the floor/windshield when it is trying to heat the car and it blows in the face/floor when trying to cool down the car. I usually set it at 21 when I am cold and 19 when I am hot.

The gas does get sucked quicker when it is on but it is so convenient that who cares. With an 07, you don't have to touch the weather controls, lights and wipers.

TB76
04-10-2007, 11:14 PM
I agree it is a great feature to have....i didn't touch the controls for a couple of months, just set it at 20...but now I'm thinking about the compressor life (not so much the mileage as I didn't notice too much and was getting 600KM+/tank on R rated winters) because it will always be on whenever the call is on (if you just leave the auto climate on).

cereal83
04-10-2007, 11:43 PM
How is everybody getting such good mileage? I am getting like 450 per tank if I am lucky.

Xenon
04-11-2007, 02:39 AM
450 is a smige low....

I average 530 km/tank. If the tank is all highway I usually can get 550-570.

majic
04-11-2007, 03:20 AM
you dont have acc.. please continue your fuel economy (non acc.. non 07) in one of the nuuumerous threads..

Skarbro
04-11-2007, 05:26 AM
Wow there's no way to turn off the AC? It just turns it on by itself? That's a pretty stupid design.

cereal83
04-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Well if you hit the off button, everything turns off. If you turn on the blower automatically and aim it to your face the a/c stays off also but if you aim it to the windshield then the a/c will turn on

Skarbro
04-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Well if you hit the off button, everything turns off. If you turn on the blower automatically and aim it to your face the a/c stays off also but if you aim it to the windshield then the a/c will turn on

Oh I see. That isn't any different than the manual HVAC system. If you put it at any setting with the defogger vent open, the A/C comes on automatically as well.

On the manual HVAC's you only need to turn the knob to anything to the left of 12 o'clock and the A/C stays off (unless you turn the A/C button on).

Garu
04-11-2007, 11:41 AM
majic, I guess I need to add another column to your mileage sheet to tell when I had my acc on or off. :chuckle.

ds2chan
04-12-2007, 04:14 PM
that's normal on every car.. as long as the control is set to at least the windshield then the AC light will be on.. not sure about the 3 but the civic manual actually mentions this..