PDA

View Full Version : Redline Motor oil

Hum
05-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Has anybody used this before and how would you rate it? ive been using Royal Purple all along and i just thought why not give this a try if its good. any input is appreciated!

CanadaGTO
05-01-2007, 06:50 PM
I guess I'm a little biased since we sell it and all, but we've recently switched to Redline now that we do not carry Royal Purple. It's got a great reputation, and I got a thumbs up from the mechanic at the Mazda dealership when they saw what I brought :)

[BLATANT PLUG]Let me know if you need pricing[/BLATANT PLUG]

Hum
05-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Nice. Now im a little more confident. I think i saw you at the bbq on sunday. With the red speed3? lol sorry that was random.

But yea, could you give me a good price on those?

Flagrum_3
05-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Hey Patrique, I know I've asked this before, many moons ago, but any chance of getting some Mobil 1 in for our cars? (Note: absolutely no negativity meant towards Redline here...just my preference)

_3

CanadaGTO
05-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey Patrique, I know I've asked this before, many moons ago, but any chance of getting some Mobil 1 in for our cars? (Note: absolutely no negativity meant towards Redline here...just my preference)

_3

Sorry, no way of getting Mobil1 :(

CanadaGTO
05-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Nice. Now im a little more confident. I think i saw you at the bbq on sunday. With the red speed3? lol sorry that was random.

But yea, could you give me a good price on those?

$135 CAD + taxes on the Redline.

Let me know,

Patrique

Hum
05-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Thats the price for a case right? how many in a case?

CanadaGTO
05-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Whoops :) Yes. Case of 12 US Quarts.

argos
05-29-2007, 03:27 AM
Has anybody used this before and how would you rate it? ive been using Royal Purple all along and i just thought why not give this a try if its good. any input is appreciated!

sorry for going offtopic but i'm just wondering...do you guys do your own oil change? if so, where do you throw out the oil?

i usually go to a mechanic to get oil change for $35. However, now i plan on buying my own oil which will cost about $30....my mechanic won't give me a cheaper price whether i bring in my own Motor Oil or not. :(

any suggestions???

CelestSpeed3
05-29-2007, 06:29 AM
I get my oil changed with Redline at the dealership and thy knock off about $5 I think for the price of the oil and the filter. They get there oil so cheap since they buy it in drums which is why there really isn't much discount.

I've been using the Redline for about a year now and it's great stuff. It definitely has improved flow and takes heat better then the OEM oil. I'm using a K&N oil filter as well which also is rated for high flow. After 8000Km my oil is still golden with a slight tint of black. Redline suggests that if you want to follow there schedule you may change the oil every 10,000km or something like that, but they recommend you change the filter even if you don't change the oil.