PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday May 22 - Timmy's Caledonia and Glencairn - 7:30PM

KOKKINO
05-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Hey Everyone,
I know Tuesday is wing nights for u guys, I looked at the calendar and saw that no one had put it in, so what do you think of Tuesday May 22 let's say 7:30pm??

Let me know

Felicia

Broli
05-18-2007, 12:16 PM
lol, still asking eh!

i think that is probably fine!

why not start a roll call

KOKKINO
05-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks Broli ;-)

So who's in?

1. RacynRed
2. Broli

stas
05-18-2007, 03:18 PM
i'm in

1. RacynRed
2. Broli
3. stas

KOKKINO
05-18-2007, 03:20 PM
yay!...lol

Broli
05-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks Broli ;-)

no worries!

:chuckle

KOKKINO
05-18-2007, 03:34 PM
lol....;-)

jedd999
05-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Bah, I really wanted to show up for this, but a "mandatory soccer practice" just came up for my team... its a team at the company I work for, and our league is just within the company (like 6 teams or something like that) but we got destroyed so badly in the first 2 games (I think the combined score was like 17-1) so our "captain" went absolutely ape-shit and he wants to have all these practices and team meetings now.

I am pissed about it because i just want to play to have fun and get some exercise, but at the same time if I dont show im going to get booted off the team... so... ya, I cant come :(

stas
05-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Can you post a map for people that dont know where this is?

Broli
05-22-2007, 02:06 AM
map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=825+Caledonia+Rd&city=Toronto&state=on&zipcode=)

Flagrum_3
05-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Will try to make it if I can get some damn sleep today! and what time are you people thinking of hanging till?

1. RacynRed
2. Broli
3. stas
4. Flagrum_3

WhiteSpeed3
05-22-2007, 09:59 AM
i would come but i also got soccer at 8:30

MAZDA Kitten
05-22-2007, 10:05 AM
hmmmmmmmmm

I am excercising the idea of attending this shindig

Hypothrml
05-22-2007, 10:49 AM
I'll try my best to make it out.

KOKKINO
05-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Will try to make it if I can get some damn sleep today! and what time are you people thinking of hanging till?

1. RacynRed
2. Broli
3. stas
4. Flagrum_3

as late as u want!! until everyone gets tired i guess...lol

Broli
05-22-2007, 02:20 PM
bump for 2nite

MattC
05-22-2007, 03:55 PM
im gonna go possibly order my navi unit tonight so i would love to come but without a nav unit ill get lost in the boonies after the meet :)

see some of you this friday possibly... when we meet closer to civilization!

stas
05-22-2007, 03:57 PM
im gonna go possibly order my navi unit tonight so i would love to come but without a nav unit ill get lost in the boonies after the meet :)

see some of you this friday possibly... when we meet closer to civilization!

if anyone from east of the meet doesn't know how to get to this location and wants to meet up before the meet, i dont mind, i know how to get there.

MattC
05-22-2007, 04:04 PM
wait, it this for "tim hortons" or some wing place, i just saw the word wing in the first post.

if wings are involved, well that changes everything.

Broli
05-22-2007, 04:09 PM
no this is a timmies meet!

MattC
05-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Ive never been to said place.

they have a website?

bubba1983
05-22-2007, 04:11 PM
again, sooooo far to drive!

stas
05-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Ive never been to said place.

they have a website?

....wat? what website?

its a timmies.

MattC
05-22-2007, 04:14 PM
somethings getting lost in translation, i give up.

I read wings and got all excited.

stas
05-22-2007, 04:16 PM
THIS IS NOT A WING NIGHT MEET

its is a regular meet. in a parking lot near a Tim Hortons.

KOKKINO
05-22-2007, 04:24 PM
somethings getting lost in translation, i give up.

I read wings and got all excited.

i take this means u aint coming...lol

MattC
05-22-2007, 04:36 PM
haha not tonight man, maybe another week!

KOKKINO
05-22-2007, 04:37 PM
okee!! what if i bring wings???

Broli
05-22-2007, 04:45 PM
:P

FLIPDADY
05-22-2007, 04:45 PM
So what's the roll call?

Broli
05-22-2007, 04:50 PM
1. RacynRed
2. Broli
3. stas
4. Flagrum_3
5. SFW (late a bit)
6. Tomas - maybe?
7. MattC (if there is wings . . lol so . . . nope)

adnan
05-22-2007, 04:58 PM
1. RacynRed
2. Broli
3. stas
4. Flagrum_3
5. SFW (late a bit)
6. Tomas - maybe?
7. MattC (if there is wings . . lol so . . . nope)
8. Adnan(hope i can get out of work)maybe late

Flagrum_3
05-22-2007, 07:09 PM
okee!! what if i bring wings???

mmmmmmmmmm, wings :-P

_3

CelestSpeed3
05-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Loitering tickets WTF?

$65 you have to be kidding me, this is a definitely a no drive zone for my car. I don't think I will ever go to that area again.

The meet was great otherwise, Alex thanks for the coffee.

Broli
05-22-2007, 11:33 PM
+1
that was BS to get the ticket

i feel bad for inviting you now bro!

i will let ya know how court goes tommorow

i think ur right man
time to draft a letter to the star!

WhiteSpeed3
05-23-2007, 12:09 AM
so everyone got a ticket

that really sux

stas
05-23-2007, 12:15 AM
not everyone, only 4 out of 9, but that is just rude in my opinion lol

definately not going back to that location, too many people doing stupid shit. plus we were not soliciting or loitering, we were meeting up in that location to go to home depot to get some shit for a raffle to raise funds for the club :chuckle am i right guys?? and we didnt end up going because the cop held us back. :)

WhiteSpeed3
05-23-2007, 12:22 AM
not everyone, only 4 out of 9, but that is just rude in my opinion lol

definately not going back to that location, too many people doing stupid shit. plus we were not soliciting or loitering, we were meeting up in that location to go to home depot to get some shit for a raffle to raise funds for the club :chuckle am i right guys?? and we didnt end up going because the cop held us back. :)

i think thats a good reason it might hold up in court if ur gonna fight it lol

stas
05-23-2007, 12:29 AM
well thats the best excuse i could come up with haha if you got anything better go ahead.

funny part is as broli told me the home depot guys were complaining about us...... considering we were far away from everyone, with no other cars in that lot, not making any noise, revving engines, doing burn out, blasting music, blocking traffic, or littering....this was all done at the main lot...

stas
05-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Alex i guess you brought the tripod and camera for nothing. although we could ask the cops to be our extras haha give us some better lighting maybe :chuckle

Broli
05-23-2007, 01:29 AM
i am calling the store manager tommorow

i will keep u informed

i understand why they would call the police if they are having problems, with troublemakers

however, we were having a regular meet, and were acting respectfully and this sort of thing could happen anywhere i suppose.

it was a matter of bad luck and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

nonetheless, the cops could have asked us to leave and we would have been happy to.

particularly Paul just arrived (he came in behind the cop) and was asked for is information as he parked.

i figured we were just getting hastled, but it turned out to be more.

-RJ3-
05-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Someones a cop in this forum.... SARC: LOL

MattC
05-23-2007, 09:34 AM
That is so ridiculous, I am really glad there were no wings now. :chuckle

see, this is why you don't meet in the boonies, the cops have nothing better to do than give you loitering tickets.

And you guys CAN fight them and you should. that is bullshit, if they didn't give you a warning first, and noone from the stores/property management company asked you to leave BEFORE giving you tickets, you will win.

Also, one of you should drive around the lot and look for signs regarding loitering, if there arent any, it only strengthens your case against the ticket.

Also try calling the property management company, not Home Depot, since they probably just pay a lease to have a store there. The Mgmnt company should give you a better idea of their stance on this kind of thing.

KOKKINO
05-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey guys!
I'm sorry!! I have been goin there since that Timmy's opened and have never had a problem like that ever! That cop was a GIANT ASS....he didn't even say hello..right away "WHO'S CAR IS THAT?"..asssssssssssssssssssss
again sooooooooooo sorry, i feel bad! :-(
Great meeting all of u though :-)

S.F.W.
05-23-2007, 10:46 AM
well, I didn't get a ticket, so I still had fun!

Hypothrml
05-23-2007, 11:17 AM
You asshat! Lol...yah those popo were pricks!

well, I didn't get a ticket, so I still had fun!

KOKKINO
05-23-2007, 11:22 AM
nevermind did u see their names??...lol

-RJ3-
05-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Well the good part about this, is they just charged you for loitering... If it was inspections of your rides as well, then thats messed up.

Weren't you guys purchasing stuff at timmy's, or did you guys just hang out?

did you guys throw garbage at a paper bin like last monday LOL...

maybe you got charged for littering

KOKKINO
05-23-2007, 01:15 PM
we didnt get a loitering charge we got chrged with trespassing.....we all had tim horton's cups but it was because we were on home depots lot..timmys was full

stas
05-23-2007, 02:05 PM
we didnt get a loitering charge we got chrged with trespassing.....we all had tim horton's cups but it was because we were on home depots lot..timmys was full

didnt see any home depot or no trespasing signs.

for trespasing they can't give u a charge. home depot security or the owner of the property has to do it. i remember reading about this when writing a report for my law course in uni this year. and alex said he got a loitering ticket not trespasing. if you take it to court you should win.

CelestSpeed3
05-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Well I was looking into the charge as stated in the Tresspass to Property Act and it says that if we have permission form the property owner/management we will get off our tickets.

Flagrum_3
05-23-2007, 04:04 PM
didnt see any home depot or no trespasing signs.

for trespasing they can't give u a charge. home depot security or the owner of the property has to do it. i remember reading about this when writing a report for my law course in uni this year. and alex said he got a loitering ticket not trespasing. if you take it to court you should win.

That's not true stas, the owner (Home Depot) can ask or give permission to the Police to issue such tickets, they do the same at the Condo complex I live at and its 41 Division who write the tickets......anyways it was a unfortunate thing that it happened, I feel bad for those who got ticketed and also a little guilty as I amongst a few others were spared, maybe they just liked our cars better :-)....j/k

Other than that it was nice to meet new people and hang out and all and all I think we still had a good time.

_3

Broli
05-23-2007, 04:10 PM
it is a trespass ticket

i just got off the phone with the manager at Home Depot, and he is going to write me a letter saying specifically that the 4 of us were not trespassing,

i think that should be good enough to get us out of this!

KOKKINO
05-23-2007, 04:18 PM
it is a trespass ticket

i just got off the phone with the manager at Home Depot, and he is going to write me a letter saying specifically that the 4 of us were not trespassing,

i think that should be good enough to get us out of this!

Oh u spoke to him!!!.... sweet!

stas
05-23-2007, 05:11 PM
thanx for clarifying it for me, i wasn't looking at the trespacing act or anything but remembered reading that they can't but it didnt give specifics.

Big Bad Broli to the rescue once again, good job man, did you have to convince them to give you that letter? and was he directing the cops at us or other people there?

Broli
05-23-2007, 05:29 PM
the complaint was made to the police 2 weeks prior and it was in general about people meeting in the lots!

the manager at the home depot suggested to the cops that they section off an area of the lot and let people have thier meetings there (what an awesome thing to suggest) the cops told him no!

i understand that move, it is likely to get out of hand, and if you give an inch some people will take a mile.

there as a street racing death in the area, and local residents are concerned.

The store manger was very understanding.

stas
05-23-2007, 07:02 PM
the complaint was made to the police 2 weeks prior and it was in general about people meeting in the lots!

the manager at the home depot suggested to the cops that they section off an area of the lot and let people have thier meetings there (what an awesome thing to suggest) the cops told him no!

i understand that move, it is likely to get out of hand, and if you give an inch some people will take a mile.

there as a street racing death in the area, and local residents are concerned.

The store manger was very understanding.

if i understand what you said it doesnt make logical sense
if its Stores property isnt it THEIR (owner/manager) decission as to give a designated area for meets or not??? who are the cops to tell THEM what to do with their property???:loco

btw, 500th post :bana

Broli
05-23-2007, 07:18 PM
the cops suggested that it was not a good idea,
and the store decided not to do it

is my guess

Hypothrml
05-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Al is my hero :)

stas
05-23-2007, 07:36 PM
the cops suggested that it was not a good idea,
and the store decided not to do it

is my guess

thank you officer!!!:complain

loganm3
05-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Regardless of what happens, if you all fight it it just pay it I will gladly pitch $30 to split the cost of the ticket. Somehow I got lucky, and considering I didn't have proper insurance papers I got REALLY lucky.

Granted it was a dick move by the cops, but hey I've been saying that since I was 15.

Cheers for the smokes and the ideas...lets see what rims I have in the future!

Broli
05-23-2007, 11:53 PM
wow, awesome offer man, but really, it is just luck of the draw, and i expect to win this!

KOKKINO
05-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Regardless of what happens, if you all fight it it just pay it I will gladly pitch $30 to split the cost of the ticket. Somehow I got lucky, and considering I didn't have proper insurance papers I got REALLY lucky.

Granted it was a dick move by the cops, but hey I've been saying that since I was 15.

Cheers for the smokes and the ideas...lets see what rims I have in the future!

Thats really nice of you!!..But no worries like Broli said were gonna win this thing!! I think we should file a complaint againt officer Budd! what a PRICK!

Flagrum_3
05-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Thats really nice of you!!..But no worries like Broli said were gonna win this thing!! I think we should file a complaint againt officer Budd! what a PRICK!

That was a very generous offer, but since I'm a Cheap Basturd I'll just buy those who got ticketed, each a coffee ;-p

Broli good work mang, you should call the guy again and ask for permission in writing for our club to meet there....Hey you never know! It was a better meeting place than the Timmmies we ended up at (Space wise).
What do you think?

_3

KOKKINO
05-24-2007, 02:00 PM
That was a very generous offer, but since I'm a Cheap Basturd I'll just buy those who got ticketed, each a coffee ;-p

Broli good work mang, you should call the guy again and ask for permission in writing for our club to meet there....Hey you never know! It was a better meeting place than the Timmmies we ended up at (Space wise).
What do you think?

_3

Hey I was thinking the same thing.... but I think the cops would still try to ticket us with permission or not, cuz Broli said home depot wanted to make a section for cars and the cops wouldn't allow it...stupid asses!!...lol...i'm still very angry..lol

Broli
05-24-2007, 02:06 PM
now, the Roger (home depot manager) said he offered to make a section for car meets, however he could have just been saying this to seem nice in his dealing with me.

he agreed to write me the letter, and that is why i kind of believe him.

i really doubt the police said no, it is none of their buisness, but it is likely they suggested that will only lead to a worse problem in the end, and he agreed and they proceeded with the prick cop plan that we saw in action.

as much as i liked that spot, i dont think it will happen, i would rather meet at yorkdale or on dufferin in a large plaza if anyone knows one in the area.

my understanding is with a street racing death in the area they will not open the area up for meets.

i did mention in my last email to Roger that perhaps we could hold a charity car wash at his location at some point, i will see what he says

stas
05-24-2007, 02:17 PM
i did mention in my last email to Roger that perhaps we could hold a charity car wash at his location at some point, i will see what he says

:whoa

you're just looking for an excuse to wear a speedo in public...

Broli
05-24-2007, 02:18 PM
i dont need excuses . . .

lol

MattC
05-24-2007, 02:37 PM
get a speedo that matches your car.

stas
05-24-2007, 02:52 PM
get a speedo that matches your car.

considering his cars colour is too close to his skin colour i would suggest otherwise...:chuckle but do get a TM3 speedo

CelestSpeed3
05-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Alex thanks for dealing with all of this. I really appreciate it.

CelestSpeed3
05-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Alex will you be at La Paloma this Wednesday. I'd like to give you my ticket before I forget.

Broli
05-28-2007, 07:47 PM
yes i will be

as an update, my fax machine at school broke down, so i gave him an alternate fax number, hopefully i will have the letter tomorrow!