PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans?

CanadaGTO
05-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Well fellow MS3 owners.

What are you plans?

I know we're looking at the ATP kit when it comes out, sticking with stock ECU and fuel, hoping for around 340hp/350tq to the wheels.

ovillems3
05-24-2007, 08:42 PM
well from what ive read, people are hitting fuel cut with cold air intake, ets topmount, and turboback.

so i hope your wright about the stock ecu.

at this moment i have a ms cold air intake and looking for a ets top mount,
then by the end of summer or during winter, hopefully there a plug and play
for ethier xede or cobb, i heard you have to get someone to tune the cobb system? and xede you supposedly can just download maps off a web site?
not 100 percent sure but thats what ive gathered from other forums.

also what is that turbo upgrade?

CanadaGTO
05-24-2007, 08:52 PM
We've currently got a CAI, CAT Back with high flow 2nd CAT and an ETS topmount and have run into no issues.

With either the COBB or any piggyback (like the xede) I would highly recommend getting tunning. Weather differences and other issues will mean that no 2 cars are the same. Always better safe than sorry on that front :)

The Turbo kit is from ATP, who we've been dealing with for years with their SRT-4 kits. It's only currently available for the Speed6, but the Speed 3 one will be out this summer. I'm probably more inclined to go with the kit than a piggyback since there's more that can be messed up with tuning that a kit like this. The kit, if run with stock ECU will boost the same as with the stock Turbo, but the vastly improved flow rate of the GT3071R will equate to about 60 to 70 HP at the wheels, while not messing with any ECU maps.

Oh, BTW, if you want the ETS top mount IC, let me know, we're putting an order in hopefully soon :) and can get good pricing on this.

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/images/release102006/mazdaspeed36_top.jpg

ovillems3
05-24-2007, 09:00 PM
definetly put me down or an ets. any idea how much?

thanks for the info, makes me feel better, and that kit sounds good, just the warrenty thats got me, but im sure by next year you can twist my rubber arm into a group buy! lol

CanadaGTO
05-24-2007, 09:01 PM
LoL.... Warranty shmorenty....:)

PM being sent about the TMIC.

ovillems3
05-24-2007, 09:09 PM
thanks!

almost at 50 posts and i dont think i want to sell my rims anymore. lol

Wild Weasel
05-24-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm a terrible example to my fellow MS3 owners. :(

I'm gonna be in the stands rooting all y'all on though as you climb up in power! For now, sadly, I've got no money for mods, and my wife would likely kill me. :(

Where's the "wha-pshhhh!!" smiley when you need it... :chuckle

ovillems3
05-24-2007, 09:56 PM
hey i got lucky and about 1 1/2 months ago i won $330,000 on lotto 649!
but sadly had to split it with 42! people at my work!
only $8000 a piece (im not complaining)
but thats the only reason i can afford any mods:)

CanadaGTO
05-24-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm a terrible example to my fellow MS3 owners. :(

I'm gonna be in the stands rooting all y'all on though as you climb up in power! For now, sadly, I've got no money for mods, and my wife would likely kill me. :(

Where's the "wha-pshhhh!!" smiley when you need it... :chuckle

Bring her to a meet and we'll talk some sense into her :)

Wild Weasel
05-24-2007, 10:00 PM
hey i got lucky and about 1 1/2 months ago i won $330,000 on lotto 649!
but sadly had to split it with 42! people at my work!
only $8000 a piece (im not complaining)
but thats the only reason i can afford any mods:)

heh. That's actually pretty funny. :chuckle

My issue is that I've still got my Sunfire and can't part with it so I'm not allowed to do anything performance related to the 3. :)

Incidentally... I don't much care for those wheels on your ride so by all means sell them and use some of that $8k for another set. :) There's just something about them that seems... I dunno... Hot-Wheels-ish...

ovillems3
05-24-2007, 10:12 PM
i dont want to mess this thread so ill leave this alone, but so far it seems that
people arent to fussy about my rims (thats fine with me)

WhiteSpeed3
05-25-2007, 12:49 AM
i got my injen intake and today got my turbo xs BOV other than that prob nothin for a while maybe the turbo xs downpipe

Skarbro
05-25-2007, 05:39 AM
Bring her to a meet and we'll talk some sense into her :)

LMAO! Good luck! http://forums.queenonline.com/images/smiles/whip.gif It actually might work though. It's been my experience that she has caved to car mods and upgrades for Weasel for years.

Wild Weasel
05-25-2007, 09:23 AM
LMAO! Good luck! http://forums.queenonline.com/images/smiles/whip.gif It actually might work though. It's been my experience that she has caved to car mods and upgrades for Weasel for years.

When it's a mod that I know she'll like, it's usually just a matter of money. That's where stuff like the nav system and homelink mirror and tint come in. Heck, even heated leather seats might fall in here.

When it comes to performance stuff though, I just don't have a leg to stand on while I still have the Sunfire.

Then there's the sort of halfway stuff that I'll like, but she'll probably be indifferent to like a short shifter. That stuff will have to wait until I've managed the other stuff she'll like first. :)

Unoriginalusername
05-25-2007, 11:20 AM
I've just got the MS3 CAI for now... turbo back, or muffler with a high flow cat might be next.... I ideally want to keep the car legal emissions wise.

MS lowering springs, wheels/tires, shifter bushing, tint, and engine mount also nice to haves. Things like a FMIC/TMIC turbo kit won't be for another year or two... thats a big list lol, we'll have to wait and see how the finances work out etc.

Garu
05-25-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm gonna put Mazdaspeed CAI tomorrow. :bana

CanadaGTO
05-25-2007, 12:07 PM
You should like the sound of a CAI on this car...... very nice :)

Wild Weasel
05-25-2007, 12:38 PM
I've just got the MS3 CAI for now... turbo back, or muffler with a high flow cat might be next.... I ideally want to keep the car legal emissions wise.

As long as you've got a proper cat in the mix, the exhaust mods shouldn't hurt emissions.

I've got a complete custom exhaust including header on the Sunfire and passed emissions with flying colours.