PDA

View Full Version : Mazda OEM coin holder

FLIPDADY
06-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Where do you guys put your coins?

I've requested Mazda Canada to bring the JDM coin holder to our shores.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/AJBOY_99/COINHOLDER-1.jpg

Fits in the blank plugs beside the dimmer switch on the left side of the dash.

Only $8.03 plus tax. Currently on backorder. I posted the part number so you will be able to order this part from other dealers. Just don't forget who gave ya the numbers.:)

Jeff-TheBiz
06-01-2007, 12:08 PM
I've requested Mazda Canada to bring the JDM coin holder to our shores.

Bad news is that it only holds JDM coins..

What is the currency exchange and where can I get them?

Xerox
06-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Where do you guys put your coins?

I keep coins in a film container (those little plastic cylindrical containers) and keep that in the ashtray compartment.

Only $8.03 plus tax.

Is that your price or regular price at other dealers as well?

Wild Weasel
06-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Bad news is that it only holds JDM coins..

What is the currency exchange and where can I get them?

Funny, but relevant. :) Does it have wonky sized slots for Japanese coins??

MattC
06-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Isn't this what the ashtray/center console is for?

Im not mocking, i will probably end up buying one just to put something in the empty slots, but still :)

Wild Weasel
06-01-2007, 01:04 PM
I find that neither the ashtray nor the center console are convenient for coins.

I started dropping them in the top part of the arm rest but then they found a way to spill out the back when I lifted it up.

Xerox
06-01-2007, 01:06 PM
^^ exactly. The ashtray and center console are general storage compartments not specifically designed to hold small objects like coins. You have to store the coins in some kind of a container and then place it in the ashtray/center console.

EvilEric
06-01-2007, 01:06 PM
There's this groove besides my shifter infront of the ash try, I thought that was where we are supposed to put coins.

Wild Weasel
06-01-2007, 01:12 PM
There's this groove besides my shifter infront of the ash try, I thought that was where we are supposed to put coins.

I don't leave anything, especially cash regardless of how little, in places that are openly visible from outside the car.

Just paranoid I guess.

Incidentally, that spot is where the nav controls are supposed to be. :bang

Xerox
06-01-2007, 01:14 PM

Nope. That's just a slap in the face to those that don't have OEM Navi. :flaming

The remote for the Navi would clip into that area.

I use it for my digital tire pressure gauge that fits perfectly.

EDIT: Damn...WW beat me to it. I'm not the only one pissed off about the Navi.

Wild Weasel
06-01-2007, 01:15 PM
heh. Preach it, brotha!!

EvilEric
06-01-2007, 01:33 PM
So leaving a stack of toones in there is probably a bad idea right? I thought about putting some coin thing in the slot above the hood release. If you have some kind of non-slip surface it'll be alright.

MattC
06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
If someone breaks into my 3 for some toonies, i want to slap that person.

the navi system wasn't good enough for you or something???

I guess when you need timmy ho's you really gotta do what you gotta do.

majic
06-01-2007, 01:51 PM
i hate change and use credit cards everywhere i can..

Caz
06-01-2007, 01:58 PM
I use the right front pocket of my pants/shorts to store my change. LOL

Skarbro
06-01-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm interested in this! I would like to see one first though. Let me know when they're in Flippy and I'll drop by.

Caz
06-01-2007, 02:17 PM
There is a pic in the 4th post http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=78376.0

Or here http://www.japanparts.com/Pic/pic143/026-001Coinholder.jpg

Skarbro
06-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Ah I see. That's a lot smaller than I thought. Neat if I lived near toll roads that needed coins. But I plan on putting switches there some time. :)

garboui
06-01-2007, 03:21 PM
I don't leave anything, especially cash regardless of how little, in places that are openly visible from outside the car.

Just paranoid I guess.

Incidentally, that spot is where the nav controls are supposed to be. :bang

lol when my car was broken into end of last year the theives stile the mabye 60 cents in dimes nickles and pennies i had in that little tray next to the shifter.

bubba1983
06-01-2007, 04:18 PM
g/f's protege has this...its uber small

queens49
06-03-2007, 10:46 PM
So leaving a stack of toones in there is probably a bad idea right? I thought about putting some coin thing in the slot above the hood release. If you have some kind of non-slip surface it'll be alright.

I use that slot to put all my change. It works ok, if you don't have too many coins in there...the coins will spill out once in awhile if I'm taking corners pretty fast though. The coin holder would be really good to have.

Virgy
06-03-2007, 11:32 PM
I bought a coin holder at crappy tire, called quick silver or something like that. It's about 10cm x 6 cm x 2cm and can hold about 6 coins per slot. It has slots for toonies, loonies, quarters x 2, dimes, nickels, and pennies. I keep it in the top part of the middle console but it also came with a sun visor clip.

plusvolume
06-04-2007, 10:05 AM
i put my coins in the stock ash tray the car came with. thank god i dont smoke! lol.

Broli
06-04-2007, 01:41 PM
honest u cant put too much into that!

no good!

the search continues

i used to put my coins in top part of centre console, but it gets to be tooo much in there!

jedd999
06-04-2007, 10:23 PM
i put my coins in the stock ash tray the car came with. thank god i dont smoke! lol.

I use the ashtray to put my sunglasses - that way they arent sitting out (get BURNING HOT in the summer / get stolen) and its a perfect fit.

I would pick one of these up - do they fit toonies?

stugautz
06-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Coins go in the cup holder...I don't let people drink in my car anyway so it's not like I'm using it.

WLS ZMZM
06-18-2007, 03:50 PM
I have to say i was like wild weasel here the top part of the armrest seemed like a pretty good idea till I'd lift it up and they'd all come out the back.. so i have resorted to a ziploc bag in the main (deep) part of the armrest... and I clean it out every so often did it the other day and ended up with $65 not too shabby for leftover coffee money!
thats a cool looking piece but doesn't seem to hold a whole lot... those film containers work... but they fill way too fast

FLIPDADY
06-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Coin holders are now in stock!

redtoy
06-18-2007, 11:49 PM
hold one for me will pick up tuesday

MattC
06-19-2007, 10:02 PM
im seriously debating getting one... so you may see me in the next few days joe.

Rumble
06-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Picked mine up from FLIPDADY (Joe), great guy to deal with and PROPS TO YOU JOE FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN PART NUMBER LISTING!! haha!!

Will post pictures of it installed on my MX-5 when I have time.

Magitronic
07-16-2007, 08:52 PM
does n e one sell generic switchs to go in that area :o

EvilDeadFan
07-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm ordering one tommorrow.. that's so awesome and in just the right spot, too! :D

kid_icarus
07-17-2007, 09:07 AM
i'm guessing with a compustar alarm installed (the blue flashing light)
there's no space left for this coin holder eh

azn_outlaw
07-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Only reason I would pick this up

is for................................

the JDM Factor :P

FLIPDADY
07-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah man JDM factor!

Funny thing is now this coin holder is now a Mazda accesory for 07-08.

MattC
07-23-2007, 12:14 PM
i'm guessing with a compustar alarm installed (the blue flashing light)
there's no space left for this coin holder eh

You could do a few things:

1. Totally move that blue light to another location, either on the top of the door frame, where old school car locks would be, or somewhere else on the steering columns

2. Mount the LED to the top of the coin holder and have it be recessed so its flush, and won't interfear with the coins.

3. just buy 1 coin holder, that way you still have the compustar one in tact.

kid_icarus
07-23-2007, 08:57 PM
You could do a few things:

1. Totally move that blue light to another location, either on the top of the door frame, where old school car locks would be, or somewhere else on the steering columns

2. Mount the LED to the top of the coin holder and have it be recessed so its flush, and won't interfear with the coins.

3. just buy 1 coin holder, that way you still have the compustar one in tact.

lol
all 4 of my slots are already taken up.
1 for HID leveling
1 for illumination
1 for DSC
1 for computsar blue security light

azn_outlaw
07-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey the man formally known as Flipspeed...

do you have a pic of where the Factory would position the coin holder?

MattC
07-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Kid, just do my suggestion #2, that way you get the compustar light AND the coin holder.

If I get a coin holder, i am going to do that even though I have a extra slot, as it will look sleeker than a blank switch cover with a giant LED sticking out of it.

sicsol
07-24-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm in for one. Thanks Joe.

Xenon
07-24-2007, 03:59 PM
I put my coins in a yogert cup in the top compartment of the arm rest.

I had to cut the yogert cup for it to fit, and velcro the bottom so the cup doesn't slide around everywhere =P

Kinda cheap, but it works. just so it doesn't look TOO ugly, i surrounded the yogert cup with electrical tape so it looks black.

kid_icarus
07-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Kid, just do my suggestion #2, that way you get the compustar light AND the coin holder.

If I get a coin holder, i am going to do that even though I have a extra slot, as it will look sleeker than a blank switch cover with a giant LED sticking out of it.

lol Matt,

That sounds complicated for me man.
I will wait for you to do yours and then check it out once its done. =)
I'll stick to the cup tray for now lol.

azn_outlaw
07-24-2007, 11:37 PM
You could always do slick thing..

where you put that blue compustar light in the a-pillar on the driver side or i

f you dont mind a small hole, put it where the power window switch

how about where the cigarette lighter is

and thus you can get your OEM coin holder

Tokyo Drift
07-25-2007, 04:03 AM
how many coins can it hold?

asif9t9
07-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Wow!! That's a LOT of work for a place to hold coins. You must have had some free time on a rainy day to come up with that.

MattC
07-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I was actually debating running the wire to the driver side door near the corner of the window, so people can see it.

Noisy Crow
02-10-2008, 03:46 AM
Yeah man JDM factor!

Funny thing is now this coin holder is now a Mazda accesory for 07-08.

Hey Joe,

So these things are still available? Do they work okay with Cdn coins?

Thx