PDA

View Full Version : Not a Mazda dealer But watch out for RICHMOND HILL TOYOTA

WLS ZMZM
06-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Hey everyone,

Just a little warning about Richmond Hill Toyota (Yonge st & N/Hwy7). This happened a while ago... so I'm not too sure if anything has changed... have been told the Service Manager is new there.... but keep an eye out. About 5 months ago.... my girlfriend was having problems with her 2004 Toyota Echo, when the car would be idling it would shake and make this terrible noise from under the hood.... so I tried taking a look at it... and couldn't really find anything.... so I wasn't too sure.... (don't know much about toyota's). So we took it in to the dealer, at first they said there was nothing wrong with the car.... so they took it for a drive...and the car made the noise.... the service advisor did hear it prior to the mechanic taking a look at it... so he knew we weren't nuts.... needless to say.. they were treating my gf like a tard before i showed up.... granted she doesn't know much about cars... but no need to treat her like a 2 year old with a green block. When I arrived their attitude changed and they started talking to us like we were real people which kind of pissed me off......

So anyways after the mechanic took it for a drive, they came back and said they couldn't find anything and that it was most likely related to the accident she had had 2 years prior where she smacked the curb and broke part of the front end...... when I asked what was wrong in the front end... the mechanic told me it was a "hidden part", they then began to say that she must have hit a curb again. Which never happened.... so I started laughing "a hidden part" (this was something new) so I asked what do you mean a hidden part... he responded "a part we can't see", Now from what I know in front end work... when replacing most of the parts the whole front end gets taken a part... so I don't understand how it was a hidden part.... Needless to say I threw a fit... the mechanic accused me of being rude and swearing... and thats when I really lost it...

The service advisor asked me to come back the next day to talk with the Dealers manager..... so again I took time out of my life to come and talk to them. Another technician was looking at the car as I told the service manager I didn't want some incompetent fool working on the car. So a different tech started working on the car... again he took it for a drive but again couldn't find anything.... so at this point I had lost my patience the Dealers manager said we can replace the front end again.. but it wouldn't be under warranty.... so I said F**k that. Took the car to my mechanic and he had a complete look at the car... the saddest part!! He figured out what it was in less then 15 mins.... one of the rubber stoppers on the hood was loose... so as the car was idling the hood was raised on one side... so it caused the hood to rattle making that terrible noise... needless to say Good thing Toyota only has "toyota trained technicians" :flaming:flaming

MattC
06-27-2007, 02:36 PM
When I had my 97 corolla, I also had nothing but trouble with toyota service.

I ran into this same kinda thing when dealing with them, they would never tell me what they wanted to do, they kept finding small things with the car when i took it for service or oil changes, and would always never be able to explain why i needed this 250$ part, or what the part did or what it was called.

I just stopped taking it to toyota, and started taking it to random garages cause they gave me less crap.

I dealt with weizts (sp) toyota on yonge, when it useto be around where MoT is.

WLS ZMZM
06-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah I have to say I was really upset with the service there... especially as Richmond Hill Toyota is sposed to have "great service" I found them very unprofessional, and to let a mechanic yell at a customer in front of customers just goes to show how bootleg their little operation is... needless to say no way am I letting my Gf lease another car from Toyota... trying to convince her parents to pick up a mazda.... ZOOM ZOOM

FLIPDADY
06-27-2007, 03:11 PM
That's why you came here and drive a Mazda!:chuckle

WLS ZMZM
06-27-2007, 03:49 PM
hehehe.... haven't had my mazda in for service yet...but plan on coming to see you guys at MoT at least this way I can come and bug you or Jeff while the car is being worked on... bring some coffee and have a mini meet hahahah. Besides i've never liked toyota's!!! (no offence to anyone who drives one)

Kevin@nextmod
06-27-2007, 04:41 PM
When my gf purchased the camry about a week ago, i want her to add the rainguards. She knows nothing about cars so she just asked the sales guy there if she can add the rain guards. The sales man told her there are no rain guards for the camry. She said fine then came back and told me that they said there are no rainguards available. I printed out a sheet from the online "build your toyota page" with the rainguards option on it so my gf can bring it to the sales guy and prove it. THEN the sales man told my gf saying oh, my mistake you can get it but its not free "duh". My gf then asked how much, if she's buying it now. The guy just said, "rain guards are old fashion and slows down your car" LOL.....I just laughed and told her to get it later.

WLS ZMZM
06-27-2007, 04:55 PM
hahah it slows down your car??? didn't realize it was now an F-1 car.. and all about aerodynamics.... and he forgot??
Is this not part of his job.....?? it's like having an EMS medic... "quick give him CPR" response "Uh sorry I forgot"

I swear.. its like some dealerships just hire any schmo.... to do the job.... thats why MoT is doing so well a sales rep like Jeff who is honest... makes everything so much easier... to many schysters out there who hide stuff... even when i bought my 3 from Avante... cuz it was used I asked if there had been any accidents... and Emilio not only said no.. but took me outside with a paint depth reader so he could show that the car hadn't been repainted... didn't ask for that.. but did it just to show he had nothing to hide... i trust dealers like that and are more likely to give them repeat business... after all "honesty is the best policy"

WLS ZMZM
06-27-2007, 05:01 PM
almost completely forgot... congrats on the new car.... I know it's the Gf's but still... part of the family now hehehehe

Zaku_4
07-05-2007, 12:27 AM
man toyota is becoming a mercedes.

relying on their name and history.

for shameeeeeee

WLS ZMZM
07-06-2007, 01:07 PM
yeah.. the quality of their vehicles is there... but thats where it ends their service is terrible and their techs... don't really seem to know what day it is...let alone whats wrong with the car.... I have to say.. I've never really been a fan of toyota's because I find they are really expensive... nice cars.. but too much money...

dredd2099
07-12-2007, 09:43 AM
RH toyota seem to b having a mind block lately
toyota guys are pissed off at em as well

the stealership i go to (well. used to) was pretty good
erin mills toyota in ssauga

WLS ZMZM
07-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Well supposedly they got a new service manager and were revamping... the dealership... but I dunno.... seems like they are slacking... unfortunately the dealer is close to my gf's moms office so she took the car teh other day for an oil change and was told they'd wash the car she came back and the car was dirtier then when she brought it in... she was pretty mad.. but her mom is really passive and doesnt like to cause a scene... so just left it.. and I ended up hand washing it... it's little things like that.. which turn customers away.. the lease on their car is up in october and no way in hell.. am I letting them go there again...