PDA

View Full Version : MSE TBE (hi-flow cat) & ON Emissions?

Unoriginalusername
06-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Question about the CP-E Turbo Back w/hi flow cat (1st cat delete) setup... in the US i believe they only check for a CEL code in most states, however if memory servers me right in ON they actually do the test based on readings from inside the pipe.

If this is true, what are your options in three years when you need to get it tested again?

CanadaGTO
06-28-2007, 04:31 PM
To be honest I'd never recommend deleting a CAT, just too high a fine if you're sent in for an inspection. That said, it is seeming that deleting the first CAT is throwing codes on all such equiped vehicles, deleting the 2nd CAT doesn't, but it's a lot easier to see from underneath the car.

Of course if you never get checked, 3 years from now, just have the stock put back on for the test :)

Unoriginalusername
06-28-2007, 04:34 PM
but with the vibrant you are fine as it doesn't delete any, just replaces with a hi flow?

CanadaGTO
06-28-2007, 04:45 PM
but with the vibrant you are fine as it doesn't delete any, just replaces with a hi flow?

Correct, which is the reason I do not recommend the CAT delete pipes, sometimes called "race pipes"

Pilzz
06-28-2007, 06:51 PM
how much is a high flow cat for the car? Just curious

CanadaGTO
06-28-2007, 07:29 PM
how much is a high flow cat for the car? Just curious

Just a CAT is about $125 or so, but then you'd have to have it welded in as a replacement....... That's if you don't purchase it as part of a system like the Vibrant.

Kevin@nextmod
06-28-2007, 08:40 PM
I thought new cars are 5 years for emission tests now.