PDA

View Full Version : Mods make up your mind

dr1ft3r
07-09-2007, 07:46 AM
My message to majic after he locked a thread i started:
Originally Posted by dr1ft3r
"would you rather i bump a 3 year old thread than start a new one? So anything that was discussed 3 years ago will be locked if discussed again????"

MOD MAJICS RESPONSE:
"yes i would..

there's no need to have duplicate threads. a lot of the information can be found via searching..

in your case you can see 4 pages of information on who drove what before getting the 3 and continue that thread..

--majic"

So anyways i said fine... i did what he said and searched...found something i was looking for and bumped a 2 year old thread...
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=199504#post199504

Thread was locked
MOD BUBBAS RESPONSE:
"this thread is 2 years old, lets not bump old threads."

I'm trying my best to follow rules but its hard when different mods have different rules. i suggest you guys get on the same page. I sorry to single you guys out but its a lil frustrating when you're told to do one thing and then someone else tell you do another thing.

Wild Weasel
07-09-2007, 07:50 AM
heh. Tough to argue with this one. :chuckle

Rock and a hard place?

Just keep in mind that the mods are doing their best to keep things running smoothly. Little miscommunications like this one are just growing pains for the site. :)

dr1ft3r
07-09-2007, 07:52 AM
I agree the are mods are great im sure. i just want to know what i am supposed to do. i have no problems in following the rules.

cwp_sedan
07-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Like WW said, this is kind of difficult.

I think it's how you replied to that thread that got it locked. The way you replied looks like you are oblivious to the actual time/date of that thread, even though I know you knew it was old. The thread was from 2005 and you were replying to it like it was last week. I guess if you are adding useful information to the thread or asking a question about something in general and not to a specific quote of an old thread then I wouldn't see a problem with it either.

That's my only suggestion. In your case you probably should have just sent a PM to Flip. :)

dr1ft3r
07-09-2007, 08:25 AM
yes i thought about that before posting it...but i wanted to see peoples suggestions...i admit i worded it wrong and should have not just directed the question to flip...nonetheless...my point is can i bump 2-4 year old thread or should i start a new one.

S.F.W.
07-09-2007, 08:48 AM
yes i thought about that before posting it...but i wanted to see peoples suggestions...i admit i worded it wrong and should have not just directed the question to flip...nonetheless...my point is can i bump 2-4 year old thread or should i start a new one.

You can bump a 2 year old thread, that's not the issue. In this case it was a matter of wording, and seeming like you just had a question for FlipDady. In that case, a PM or phone call would serve the same purpose.
I would suggest, maybe saying, I know this thread is old, but I have some additional questions... A mod is then less likely to lock the thread.
Sorry for the hassle, as mods we try to balance people getting the information they want/need vs. others that just bring up old threads from the dead so to speak.

dr1ft3r
07-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. And you guys are doing a great job. You can squash this thread.