PDA

View Full Version : Mazda of Ontario

SilentJay
07-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Yes, I had read about the other gentleman's post in regards to this dealership, but wanted to get a story out of my own.

So i've been trying to shop around for my Mz3 GT to see who'd give me the best price/options thrown in, and have thus far been unsuccessful in closing anything. Yes I had spoken with thebiz, but I still wanted to look around and see what sort of numbers I should be looking at.

Long story short, I went to Mazda of Ontario and had gotten the price well below what everyone else had offered, and the car was in stock. I was ready to pull the trigger and finalize the deal but wanted to check one last thing with my insurance. The supposed deal manager I was negotiating with, Raoul, assured me that my concerns were unfounded and that everything would go the way I had planned in regards to my insurance policy. I asked him if I could double-check and get back to him tomorrow, and he just flipped out, saying that "this isn't the way to do business", "what are you trying to pull" and "why the hell are you trying to play hardball??". Needless to say, I left.

Now i'm fairly confident that anyone who's spoken to me has realized that despite the football player sized frame, i'm pretty soft-spoken, polite, and even borderline meek. Whats gotten into that guy? Sheesh. Anyway, I hope Jeff and I can reach an understanding soon :bana2

asif9t9
07-17-2007, 09:27 PM
If his price was actually better than thebiz's, then you were getting a really good deal. Which means he might have a reason to think you were just going to shop his price around. Has he said his price is no longer good? Did you check your insurance? What was the insurance concern?

kid_icarus
07-17-2007, 10:58 PM
that's usually the way ppl work lol. cuz honestly if you nail down a really really really LOW price... it would almost seem like you KNEW you had that lowest price and were going to go shop around.

obviously you had HONEST concerns and you didn't mean to offend this fellow but they don't see it that way.

additionally, that sales guy had no right to be rude to you like that. cuz he basically LOST your business for good after doing that.

tell your price to the Biz, and he'll tell you if you were really getting a good deal. he'll also know if they were willing to go below required "dealer margin".

honestly a sales guy vs a sales manager is uncomparable.
hope you get what you're looking for.

SilentJay
07-18-2007, 09:39 AM
If his price was actually better than thebiz's, then you were getting a really good deal. Which means he might have a reason to think you were just going to shop his price around. Has he said his price is no longer good? Did you check your insurance? What was the insurance concern?

His price was a bit better than TheBiz's, and he was throwing in a few extras that were sort of proprietary to that dealership that was worth a significant amount of money as well. While he hasn't said directly that his price was no longer good, i'm not so sure that I want to go back there, unless I deal with another person of authority.

The concern I had was that the car is meant to be under my mother's name as the owner of the vehicle, even though I am going to pay for it. The paperwork got a bit heavier with that condition, so I wanted to see if I could purchase the car under my name, but have my mother as the primary driver of the vehicle. Lucky I checked, because my insurance company requires her to be the owner of the vehicle, otherwise our heavily discounted policies would become void - we'd have to apply for a new policy for my me.

SilentJay
07-18-2007, 09:44 AM
that's usually the way ppl work lol. cuz honestly if you nail down a really really really LOW price... it would almost seem like you KNEW you had that lowest price and were going to go shop around.
obviously you had HONEST concerns and you didn't mean to offend this fellow but they don't see it that way.
additionally, that sales guy had no right to be rude to you like that. cuz he basically LOST your business for good after doing that.
tell your price to the Biz, and he'll tell you if you were really getting a good deal. he'll also know if they were willing to go below required "dealer margin".
honestly a sales guy vs a sales manager is uncomparable.
hope you get what you're looking for.

I had intentions of continuing to persue the process (with a few other little things that had to be worked out), and had even told him that i'd be back the next day to continue discussions (insurance company closed for the day). The funny thing is, it wasn't the sales guy who was rude to me. It was the deal manager (I think that was his title?) who lost it on me. The sales guy was pretty laid back.

Because i'm looking to get a car, and my colleague is looking to get either a GT or a GS as well, I believe that the dealer was willing to dig under the dealer margin to maybe accomplish a volume quota.

I really hope I can work something out with Jeff too!

JonsMazda
07-18-2007, 03:05 PM
wait till the 2008 comes out...2007 models will drop their prices.

p-o-g-i
07-18-2007, 05:11 PM
I baught my Mazda 3 GT there and there were times where I was thinking I would have rathered paid a little more to deal with honest sales guys there. Jack (salesperson) was the only honest guy I've dealt with there. I never had the chance to deal with Raul (Assistant Sales Manager).

I even wrote a complaint letter to Nick Wortley, who is the General Manager, and he never even replied.

Caz
07-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your experience.

May I ask why you aren't putting the car and insurance in your name?

asif9t9
07-19-2007, 10:13 AM
I know when I bought my first car, both mine and my mom's name were on the ownership. Even though I paid fully for the car (payments, insurance), I don't think I would have been approved for the loan without my mom as a co-signer.

Caz
07-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Sorry the reason I ask is, I know a guy (I would call him a friend but he cheated me out of money) he had the car in his name and insurance under his parents with him being a part time driver on the policy. He wrote the car off and the insurance company was able to find a loop hole that allowed them to not give him a pay out for the car as what he was doing was a type of fraud. The funny part of the story is he worked for the insurance company. In the end he had a $25,000 loan for a car that was a write off because he tried to save a few bucks a month.

I am not trying to scare you here, if you need someone to co-sign for the loan approval that is a differnet story. Just make sure the name is the same on the ownership as is on teh insurance policy.

SilentJay
07-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Sorry the reason I ask is, I know a guy (I would call him a friend but he cheated me out of money) he had the car in his name and insurance under his parents with him being a part time driver on the policy. He wrote the car off and the insurance company was able to find a loop hole that allowed them to not give him a pay out for the car as what he was doing was a type of fraud. The funny part of the story is he worked for the insurance company. In the end he had a $25,000 loan for a car that was a write off because he tried to save a few bucks a month.

I am not trying to scare you here, if you need someone to co-sign for the loan approval that is a differnet story. Just make sure the name is the same on the ownership as is on teh insurance policy.

Sound advice, thank you :) I'm about 99.9% finalized having both my mother and I on the ownership, as well as having both of us on the insurance policy as well.

SilentJay
07-19-2007, 12:11 PM
I baught my Mazda 3 GT there and there were times where I was thinking I would have rathered paid a little more to deal with honest sales guys there. Jack (salesperson) was the only honest guy I've dealt with there. I never had the chance to deal with Raul (Assistant Sales Manager). I even wrote a complaint letter to Nick Wortley, who is the General Manager, and he never even replied.

See, thats the kind of shady-mc-wierd stuff I wanted to avoid, in having to deal with that dealership. I guess there IS a premium on honnest, straight-forward, customer-oriented service.

SilentJay
07-19-2007, 12:13 PM
wait till the 2008 comes out...2007 models will drop their prices.

I was having difficulty locating a 2007 with my preferences now, I don't think i'd make out very well if I were to wait until the 2008s are fully in stock.

Xenon
08-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but is Mazda of Ontario the same as Ontario Mazda?

Broli
08-06-2007, 12:26 PM
haha

i was wondering that also . . i just assumed it was

SilentJay
08-06-2007, 02:42 PM
:| Maybe? I dunno, its the dealership in the Dixie Automall in Sauga. I was going by there with my girlfriend to check out another dealership and I saw that Raoul guy smoking outside. Gave 'im a big smile and drove by nice and slow :)

JonsMazda
08-06-2007, 02:47 PM
:| Maybe? I dunno, its the dealership in the Dixie Automall in Sauga. I was going by there with my girlfriend to check out another dealership and I saw that Raoul guy smoking outside. Gave 'im a big smile and drove by nice and slow :)

Did he smile back?

SilentJay
08-06-2007, 02:50 PM
He either didn't remember me, or didn't want to react back. He just kinda looked down, disgusted :P

MAZDA Kitten
08-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I bought my car there
Went there by myself one day after work and 2 mins later I had a deposit on my car - literally I bought the car in under 5 mins
I received an EXCELLENT price. Other dealerships told me they werent interested in matching the price never mind in beating it.

oh - and I dealt with Mark who I believe is a sales manager there now

alankuo
04-01-2010, 11:31 PM
as new General Manager of Ontario Mazda, my policy is to build a "NO pressure and customer FIRST" environment place for all people to enjoy purchase experience...................