PDA

View Full Version : standalone and atx

garboui
07-26-2007, 11:59 PM
when running a standalone fuel mgmt computer in our cars does it mess up the auto tranny or can the oe computer be left to deal with the tranny even though its no longer dealing with the engine?

also does anyone know where valve bodies and hd torque converters can be had for the 4speed atx?

this is all pre planning right now as i have no money but a definate possibility once i finish school. i also know that im gonna get the arguement of just going mtx (which i know is a better soln for many reasons as well as something that i would have prefered) but i allready have the car and the idea of having an increadabily fast atx car can also be fun as long as i can make the tranny hold together.

Boris
07-28-2007, 07:11 PM
just forget about the tranny cooler and torque converter. even with those mods, the tranny can only hold up to 6-8 psi. Just save up the money for a tranny from lentech (not sure if i got the name right..) It only costs 1900, but u can hold up to 275 whp (don't know how much psi that is, but definitely more than 10). U don't need to get a standalone for hi-boost turbo kit setup, they provide u with a plug and play EMS.