PDA

View Full Version : Mississauga mini meet Thursday August 2nd????

p-o-g-i
07-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Hey guys, anyone up for a mini meet in Mississauga Thursday August 2nd???? Maybe around 8pm????

I could recommend a few places....

Tim Hortons locations:

- Mavis, just south of the 401
- Square One.. off Burnhamthorpe, just west of Hurontario (hwy10)
- Dundas, just west of Dixie
- Burnhamthorpe and Creditview

Just suggestions I thought I would toss out there.........

kid_icarus
07-31-2007, 09:23 PM
pogi,

Masiv Mondays are the usual Mississauga Meets.
They happen bi-weekly. So last night we had a Sauga meet and it's at Tim Hortons/wendys at Dixie and Aimco.

Not sure if you're proposing to have an entire new meet altogether, but I believe the purpose of the mini meets are to have an organized meet each day so that we don't spread our members everywhere and anywhere, and so that we can keep things organized.

But i won't speak on behalf of the board... but just thought you should know.

azn_outlaw
07-31-2007, 09:54 PM
There is a Sauga meet on Thursday at Dixie and Amico but in it is for the Toprotege club...

Some TM3 members show up there or you could try to attend an Oakville meet which also happens on Thursday

-RJ3-
07-31-2007, 10:40 PM
I would say host your events every other week that the other meets lie... For example...

Monday... Masiv Monday
Next Monday... None.
TUesday.. None.
NExt Tuesday... Wing Meet
Wednesday Paloma (every week)
Thursday ToProtege / Oakville Meet / AA Meet (everyweek)
Friday (Fabulous Fridays) (every week)
So I would say the week there is no meets for monday or tuesday Set it up then...

I hope that helps!!!

doughboyr6
07-31-2007, 11:25 PM
acutally the oakville meet is every other thursday as well.....so we had a meet last week and there will not be one this thursday...

Unoriginalusername
08-01-2007, 09:02 AM
acutally the oakville meet is every other thursday as well.....so we had a meet last week and there will not be one this thursday...

last oakville meet was great.... besides they say rain for tomorrow so get your meet in today lo

Broli
08-01-2007, 10:07 AM
if u r gonna do it on a thursday, i think u should just join the TOP meet or the oakville meets,

if u pick another day, go for it, tuesdays are the most open

p-o-g-i
08-01-2007, 10:19 AM
pogi,

Masiv Mondays are the usual Mississauga Meets.
They happen bi-weekly. So last night we had a Sauga meet and it's at Tim Hortons/wendys at Dixie and Aimco.

Not sure if you're proposing to have an entire new meet altogether, but I believe the purpose of the mini meets are to have an organized meet each day so that we don't spread our members everywhere and anywhere, and so that we can keep things organized.

But i won't speak on behalf of the board... but just thought you should know.

Nah, I wasn't proposing an actual set meet for every Thursday. It was just for this specific Thursday. I know there are meets in Oakville on Thursdays, but for those who may not want to travel to Oakville and are free this Thursday and looking for something to do... I was just giving them another alternative. That's all......

Sorry, I wasn't trying to make a big deal about this. Oakville on Thursday is cool :)

Broli
08-01-2007, 10:25 AM
it is always ok to set up a meet,
we just ask that u dont set one up
in proximity to a meet that is actually scheduled.

if u want to do one this thursday, it is open, as there is no oakville meet.

but . . . there is the TOP meet, and i will head to that, as will some other members . .
thats the only reason i suggested an alternate date!

:D

p-o-g-i
08-01-2007, 11:10 AM
it is always ok to set up a meet,
we just ask that u dont set one up
in proximity to a meet that is actually scheduled.

if u want to do one this thursday, it is open, as there is no oakville meet.

but . . . there is the TOP meet, and i will head to that, as will some other members . .
thats the only reason i suggested an alternate date!

:D

Totally understandable. Sorry, where exactly is this TOP meet? This may be a newbie question, but what does TOP stand for?

kid_icarus
08-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Totally understandable. Sorry, where exactly is this TOP meet? This may be a newbie question, but what does TOP stand for?

Toronto Protege meet

It's at dixie/aimco.
Where we have our MASIV Monday meets.

Broli
08-01-2007, 11:44 AM
yup

they usually start at 8PM

dixie between 401 and eglington

post up if u need a map

Perma
08-01-2007, 01:14 PM
TOP will be reppin' from 7:00 onwards tomorrow.

Hope to see you there!