PDA

View Full Version : Fog light replacement

sharky
08-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Some help,

A stone cracked my front right fog light. I took it to the dealer and they want $260 + tax to replace the light.

Has anyone installed, or looked at the fog light replacements on e-bay? Do you think the wiring would be difficult (I am not all that handy!)
http://cgi.ebay.ca/03-05-MAZDA-3-MAZDA3-4DR-SEDAN-JDM-CLEAR-FOG-LIGHTS-04_W0QQitemZ160143691526QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33709QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any other options?
For $80 I have seen some options at some wrecking yards....but there too I need to do the installation myself.

FLIPDADY
08-03-2007, 03:08 PM
You will need to remove the bumper for this install. I can sell you the part for $145 tax in.

sharky
08-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks Flip,

I'll see if I can find some time to take the old one out (to see how difficult this is :>) I'll call you before I come into Toronto to pick on up if I end up being able to figure it out. I would much rather use MoT than eBay.

p-o-g-i
08-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I purchased replacement bulbs for the fogs on my '07 GT.... but for the life of me can't figure out how the hell to replace the bulbs....?????.

McGuyver_3
08-04-2007, 02:30 PM
no bumper removal required

Things you will need for fog removal
8mm socket
wratchet wrench
wratchet extension (optional but recomended)
car jack if your car is lowered (just use the one in the trunk)
phillips screw driver
**possibly a 10mm socket see #5**

Things you will need for bulb replacement
8 mm socket
wratchet wrench

Fog replacement procedure
1) on the front bottom you will see a splash sheild it is split up in to 3 sections. 2 corner sections with 3 8mm screws and the center main one with i think its like 8-10 screwsn alos 8mm.
2) Undo the corner splash sheild side with the 3 8mm bolts that is in need of replacement or instal. Just push the little flap back it is very durable
3)undo the electrical connector push on the tab and pull down.
4)there should be 2 or 3 phillips screws holding the foglight in Undo them and lightly apply pressure from the outside if the foglight housing pushing inwards. there are small tabs all way around so you can push down with your hands on the bumper while pushing in and the light will pop out
**5)if your vehicle is a gx or gs sedan then most ikely you might need a 10 mm socket aswell because the foglights have an additional hold down **

Fog bulb replacement
1) on the front bottom you will see a splash sheild it is split up in to 3 sections. 2 corner sections with 3 8mm screws and the center main one with i think its like 8-10 screwsn alos 8mm.
2) Undo the corner splash sheild side with the 3 8mm bolts that you are going to be replacing. Just push the little flap back it is very durable
3) undo the electrical connector push on the tab and pull down.
4) twist bulb counterclockwise and pull bulb back
5) replace bulb

You need any help let me know

b
08-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Incase you need to... it only takes me 8 - 10 mins to get the bumper off.

-RJ3-
08-04-2007, 10:11 PM
You will need to remove the bumper for this install. I can sell you the part for $145 tax in.

Joe, Check your PM...

Thanks.

McGuyver_3
08-05-2007, 01:45 AM
Incase you need to... it only takes me 8 - 10 mins to get the bumper off.

that is very true but the time you spend taking the bumper off could be the same amount of time as replacing/swapping the bulbs.

As for the foglight instal i guess it would be a little moore convenient but to each their own.

I personally prefer to leave it on but like i said to each their own

-RJ3-
08-05-2007, 03:44 AM
No need to remove the bumper... I just remove the bottom front skid shields and was able to remove the panels and install the fogs easily... I just need a switch to turn them on

b
08-05-2007, 02:39 PM
that is very true but the time you spend taking the bumper off could be the same amount of time as replacing/swapping the bulbs.

As for the foglight instal i guess it would be a little moore convenient but to each their own.

I personally prefer to leave it on but like i said to each their own

For sure. I have done it with the bumper on for the bulb. I took it off to install bumper flares 3 days ago and was shocked that taking the bumper off took me as long as fumbling around through the wheel arch.

McGuyver_3
08-05-2007, 04:08 PM
For sure. I have done it with the bumper on for the bulb. I took it off to install bumper flares 3 days ago and was shocked that taking the bumper off took me as long as fumbling around through the wheel arch.

liker i said to each their own

-RJ3-
08-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Its the way the skid plates are bolted on... its got this in and out weaving pattern that will stump people who don't know how to put er back on....

p-o-g-i
08-06-2007, 12:39 AM
no bumper removal required

Things you will need for fog removal
8mm socket
wratchet wrench
phillips screw driver
**possibly a 10mm socket see #5**

Things you will need for bulb replacement
8 mm socket
wratchet wrench

Fog replacement procedure
2) Undo the corner splash sheild side with the 3 8mm bolts that is in need of replacement or instal. Just push the little flap back it is very durable
3)undo the electrical connector push on the tab and pull down.
4)there should be 2 or 3 phillips screws holding the foglight in Undo them and lightly apply pressure from the outside if the foglight housing pushing inwards. there are small tabs all way around so you can push down with your hands on the bumper while pushing in and the light will pop out
**5)if your vehicle is a gx or gs sedan then most ikely you might need a 10 mm socket aswell because the foglights have an additional hold down **

Fog bulb replacement
2) Undo the corner splash sheild side with the 3 8mm bolts that you are going to be replacing. Just push the little flap back it is very durable
3) undo the electrical connector push on the tab and pull down.
4) twist bulb counterclockwise and pull bulb back
5) replace bulb

You need any help let me know

Thanks bro!!!!

I was about to give up and just return the yellow bulbs.......

McGuyver_3
08-06-2007, 04:10 PM
no problem at all

YAY post # 700 haha