PDA

View Full Version : hook-ups/connections/insider information section?

SilentJay
08-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Like a few of the forums i'm on, they will have a section dedicated to "hooking members up", for the lack of a better term. No, i'm not suggesting a match-maker section, I mean for deals on retail items, a heads-up on jobs that are going to be posted in their respective companies (references are totally up to the poster), or if TheBiz goes over the edge and starts giving away Mazdaspeeds for free... that kinda deal.

I personally find them pretty useful, and subsequently further bonds the community together. :bana:bana2

S.F.W.
08-06-2007, 03:04 PM
hmm, we have the current deals section. But this is different....an interesting idea.

SABIO
08-07-2007, 10:01 AM
just rename the deals section....

Deals and "I know someone" section

SilentJay
08-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Heh. I for one would love a heads up on job postings :P Cheap bastids i'm working for right now aren't paying that well.

p-o-g-i
08-07-2007, 03:40 PM
"Hookups/ Connections" sounds like a good idea. Oddly enough, it would bring the community closer together as everyone is always looking for a deal. Hopefully enough that whom ever is starting a thread there is posting something legit..... hehehe.

SilentJay
08-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't mind putting deals up that i'd notice from the other forums... you know, me being all productive at work and all.

dentinger
08-07-2007, 10:22 PM
or if TheBiz goes over the edge and starts giving away Mazdaspeeds for free...

+1

free speed3 roll call
1) Denty

fini
08-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Heh. I for one would love a heads up on job postings :P Cheap bastids i'm working for right now aren't paying that well.

Hey Jay, what line of work are you in?
I might be able to swing something for you to help you get out of your current company if you are unhappy depending on your field.

Toss me a PM

SilentJay
08-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey Jay, what line of work are you in?
I might be able to swing something for you to help you get out of your current company if you are unhappy depending on your field.

Toss me a PM

See what I mean? The magic has already begun :chuckle

PM-ed

Azi
08-09-2007, 04:00 PM
or if TheBiz goes over the edge and starts giving away Mazdaspeeds for free... that kinda deal.

i like the sounds of that :chuckle

SilentJay
08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Is this idea under consideration? Just curious.

WLS ZMZM
08-14-2007, 01:37 PM
I think this would be kind of cool..... almost give like a "hook up" directory hehehe... so if you need some thing from future shop you go see ..... etc etc....

sp3GT
08-14-2007, 05:10 PM
This would be a nice section to have but we would also need enough people to put things up.

SilentJay
08-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Out of the few forums I regularly surf, this is actually one of the smaller ones, as far as number of users posting. That said, if people stop in here and there and post up something like "I work at xxx, and can offer xxx if you stop by and say hi", or "My company, xxx, is going to be looking for a xxx. Contact me for details". I know theres a deals section, but its totally dead in there, and it pertains more to deals that anyone off the street can get.