PDA

View Full Version : is 'Mazdaspeed exhaust' different than 'stock mazdaspeed 3 exhaust'?

Tokyo Drift
08-15-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm asking this because some people are selling their
exhaust on the buy/sell board and and they titled their
posting as 'stock mazdaspeed3 exhaust'..

are thry different? :loco

Wild Weasel
08-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Yes. The Mazdaspeed exhaust is one made by Mazda tuned specifically for the standard Mazda3.

The "stock Mazdaspeed3 exhaust" is the one that comes stock on the Mazdaspeed3 which is tuned for the MZR turbo engine.

I think you'll probably like the Mazdaspeed one better as I expect it's tuned for a more aggressive sound. The stock Mazdaspeed3 exhaust sounds great on the MZR, but it's still a stock exhaust and confined to a certain level of civility.

sp3GT
08-15-2007, 09:09 PM
I've heard both, I guess it depends what you'r looking for if I'm not mistaking the stock MS3 one has 2 resonators to tone it down. The Mazdaspeed will definitely have more of a rumble, as for performance gains I don't think there's a big diffrence since changing an exhaust doesn't really give a big power increase.

+--SM M3--+
08-15-2007, 09:51 PM
there's a MazdaSpeed exhaust which is made for the Mazda3/Mazda3Sport

and then there's the Mazdaspeed3 Mazdaspeed exhaust (which is no longer available for sale in canada) and then there's the STOCK Mazdaspeed3 exhaust which comes on the vehicle

FLIPDADY
08-15-2007, 09:57 PM
It's too bad we couldn't get the MS3 Mazdaspeed system in Canada. I've had so many requests to order them.

RedRaptor
08-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Joe,

Is there a good reason why you can't get the MS3 MS CBE in Canada?

FLIPDADY
08-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Joe,

Is there a good reason why you can't get the MS3 MS CBE in Canada?
My guess is the price for the MS3 CBE was out of this world and not worth bringing it into Canada.

b3GS
08-17-2007, 08:51 AM
has anyone tried other exhaust systems on the 3?
Does anything closely match the MS sound?

I don't mind the stock exhaust, it has a sweet note.. but to really be able to hear it.. you REALLY have to get on the pedal

whiteomega
08-22-2007, 02:12 PM
here's some videos:

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=173129&postcount=16

they don't really do the exhausts justice, but should give you a fair idea. i had a straight midpipe with my mazdaspeed exhaust (custom job; the one i bought used didn't have a midpipe), but found it WAY too loud (and drone-like) on the highway. i put in a second reasonator, but haven't had a chance to try it on the highway yet..should be quieter and more liveable.

b3GS
08-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Thanks man.. that Borla exhaust sounded pretty good.. but hard to tell from the vids exactly how it would sound in real life, and under load, and on the highway

Kevin@nextmod
08-24-2007, 11:06 AM
I've heard both, I guess it depends what you'r looking for if I'm not mistaking the stock MS3 one has 2 resonators to tone it down. The Mazdaspeed will definitely have more of a rumble, as for performance gains I don't think there's a big diffrence since changing an exhaust doesn't really give a big power increase.
You really think it wo'nt give you a big power increase? You should've sat in my car when i still had my HKS. Straight pipe out, and that thing pulled so much harder then my 5zigen right now.

Unoriginalusername
08-24-2007, 11:30 AM
oem mazdaspeed 3 exhaust installed on a standard 3 vs. the mazdaspeed exhaust for the 3 is louder than stock (some posted vids floating around somewhere) but is said to still be a bit more civil than than the mazdaspeed exhaust.... here is one with one of the reasonators removed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v6hJ94cemc

You could however install a high flow cat and remove a resonator if you wish on a used mazdaspeed 3 OEM system for more noise and performance for less money so it just depends what you're after and how much you want to spend.